The OFFICIAL NYC NWWCON thread

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jul 13 2007, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Jul 13 2007, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 13 2007, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jul 13 2007, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 13 2007, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 13 2007, 01:28 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/Emoticons/hide.gif

awww sad.gif I wish you could come over too!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/Emoticons/hug.gif

Can you? heart.gif

I'd have the biggest anxiety attack ever and lose it sad.gif

Maybe I'll be better by then. I'm working on it. yes.gif

Sure WTF count me in confused13.gif

& Polly if the city is too much for u,

ur ALWAYS welcome to crash at my apt

Im just a hour, 1/2 train ride to NYC

just no smokin those ciggs in my place dazed025.gif

JUST the good stuff wink.gif

I could use some of the good stuff yes.gif

can i come stay with you guys? laugh.gif

I was thinking the same thing unsure.gif

And, NO....I'm not bringing Mike, Donna rofl3.gif laugh.gif

yes.gif all boys should stay home, unless they are planning to join RR and the rest of the boys tongue.gif

LSM, Mike's my brother and Donna thinks he's hawt laugh.gif

And, vise versa biggrin.gif

ohhhh okay LOL laugh.gif

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 03:36 PM)

yes.gif all boys should stay home, unless they are planning to join RR and the rest of the boys  tongue.gif

Well...unless they agree to go off on their own and buy us shinny, sparkly things at Tiffanys wub.gif

lol well, yes of course there is that laugh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2007, 03:57 PM)

yes.gif all boys should stay home, unless they are planning to join RR and the rest of the boys  tongue.gif

Well...unless they agree to go off on their own and buy us shinny, sparkly things at Tiffanys wub.gif

Of course we'll buy you sparkley shiney things...

http://www.shesaidboutique.com/product/asp/ProdID/8415/CtgID/8414/af/_images/products/gold-sequined-round.jpg

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 03:45 PM)
I'm sure the boys would love to visit here as well:

http://www.museumofsex.com/

Yes, this is for real. I've only been in the gift shop -- my museum pass from my internship in Jan '05 didn't qualify for discount, so my friend and I decided not to go...but I guess she's been there. Informative, I hear rofl3.gif

ohmy.gif

hey !!!! i think we went there in January during Gedscon!!!!

remember CeeJ?

1022.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 13 2007, 03:01 PM)

http://www.shesaidboutique.com/product/asp/ProdID/8415/CtgID/8414/af/_images/products/gold-sequined-round.jpg

You wish! z7shysterical.gif

Maybe Aprul would like those. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 13 2007, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 13 2007, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 13 2007, 01:24 PM)
Jim?  You up for a Digital Men golf outing the same week?  We could get drunk and spy on them in their panties or something  confused13.gif

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Pags it's for you ....Pags

ya know.... meeting up with a few of our handsome TRF men for a drink or two is NOT out of the realm of possibilities....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/flirt-1.gif

I agree! yes.gif

wub.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 13 2007, 04:01 PM)

Those look like something off of Neil's drumkit.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 13 2007, 04:01 PM)

Those look like something off of Neil's drumkit.

unsure.gif Um...GG, I think you forgot something when you left Neil at the show....

rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

What an awesome idea! I haven't been on TRF in a few weeks, due to moving, and returned to see a p.m. from ladirushfan telling me about this idea. If I can scrape the money together for a plane ticket, I could maybe swing it. But being a full-time student and worker, it may be difficult.

Keeping my fingers crossed trink39.gif

I think this is a awesome idea about how much $$ do you think we need & for how many days will we be there ?? i would really love this Vacation I earned it yes.gif wink.gif

If the guys crash the Party they will save us $$ on drinks laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 13 2007, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 13 2007, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jul 13 2007, 01:24 PM)
Jim?  You up for a Digital Men golf outing the same week?  We could get drunk and spy on them in their panties or something  confused13.gif

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Pags it's for you ....Pags

ya know.... meeting up with a few of our handsome TRF men for a drink or two is NOT out of the realm of possibilities....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/flirt-1.gif

I agree! yes.gif

wub.gif

Well, this little party IS in my back yard. Golf by day, spying on the ladies at night? Hmmm....

1287.gif

This will be your best friend if you've never been to the city -- or even if you have and still don't know your way around 100%:

http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Out-New-York-...84371916&sr=8-1

This is 5 years old, this edition, not sure if there is a new edition? I know the map really hasn't changed at all, except the 1 and 9 trains are open around Ground Zero (the map says they are closed indefinitly, which is wrong now).

What I LOVE about this book is that it's small enough to carry around in your purse or even your pocket. The pop-out map includes all the subway stops and lines as well as streets and hot spots (i.e. Metropolitan Museum of Art). There is a built-in comaps and a pen...but the pen didn't work too well for me. Also tells tips and things about the city, but the best part really is the map. It's gotten me out of being lost MANY times, and it's so nice not needing a HUGE-assed map to find my way around. You look just a little less like a tourist cool.gif VERY user friendly.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 13 2007, 08:07 PM)
I think this is a awesome idea about how much $$ do you think we need & for how many days will we be there ?? i would really love this Vacation I earned it yes.gif wink.gif

If the guys crash the Party they will save us $$ on drinks laugh.gif

Not sure if it would be one nigth on a weekend or two -- or even during the week. No one's said smile.gif

When my b/f and I went for two nights, staying at the Ramada I mentioned before, it was about $400 w/ tax and whatnot, double occ/king bed. Staying less nights in lesser-rooms would be cheaper. That is ballpark, but for the city, that is very good.

Travel-wise, depends on how you need to enter the city. Plane? I wouldn't know since I am too close to go that route. I've only flown a couple times, so I'm not good with deals and whatnot with that. I usually take a bus out of Albany -- about $80 round trip and they go right into Port Authority on the west side of Manhattan. Trains go into Grand Central (east side) or Penn(west I believe?)

Other things to consider:

Food can be more expensive in the city, but there are cheaper ways to go. Sometimes if you're really busy being touristy, a slice of REAL NY-style pizza is the way to go -- w/ a soda, it's less than $5! I think it's a good idea if you're busy in the day to go kinda cheaper and then have a nice dinner at night. Drinks? More pricey, I've found wherever I went.

Also, costs getting around the city: Last I knew, a day pass that can be used on both the trains AND busses was $7 -- unlimited rides. You have to buy a metro-card and you just swipe whenever you ride either. One ride I think is $2.50, so the $7 all day deal is a steal. A month-long pass (which no one will need) is about $75, give or take a couple bux. Walking around a lot is great, but Manhattan is too big to do on foot only, esp. in a short time!

And shopping! If you're into fake designer bags and crap, hello Chinatown! Shopping is like the food -- either REALLY expensive (like Prada on 5th avenue) or cheap (chinatown, some places in SoHo, downtown, etc.). Some good discount stores are Lohmans and Century 21 -- the latter is right across from the WTC site, but the store has things like...Kenneth Cole for 1/2 price or less.

Again, I'm really no expert -- this is all just based on my experiences.

Sign me up ladies. yes.gif

The last time I went to the city to hook up with WhiteTrash... well... let's just say it wasn't pretty. I'd love to see the city with all my fellow NWW sisters. yes.gif

cosmo.gif

QUOTE (Aprul @ Jul 13 2007, 09:00 PM)
Sign me up ladies. yes.gif

The last time I went to the city to hook up with WhiteTrash... well... let's just say it wasn't pretty. I'd love to see the city with all my fellow NWW sisters. yes.gif

cosmo.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 13 2007, 08:08 PM)
Sign me up ladies.  yes.gif 

The last time I went to the city to hook up with WhiteTrash...  well... let's just say it wasn't pretty.  I'd love to see the city with all my fellow NWW sisters.  yes.gif

cosmo.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Bring your pasties, Aprul. cheer.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 13 2007, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 13 2007, 08:08 PM)
Sign me up ladies.  yes.gif 

The last time I went to the city to hook up with WhiteTrash...  well... let's just say it wasn't pretty.  I'd love to see the city with all my fellow NWW sisters.  yes.gif

cosmo.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Bring your pasties, Aprul. cheer.gif

if nothing else ladies... Aprul's size alone should be enough protection if we should ever need it....

yes.gif

goodpost.gif

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 13 2007, 07:27 PM)
I think this is a awesome idea about how much $$ do you think we need & for how many days will we be there ?? i would really love this Vacation I earned it  yes.gif  wink.gif

If the guys crash the Party they will save us $$ on drinks  laugh.gif

Not sure if it would be one nigth on a weekend or two -- or even during the week. No one's said smile.gif

When my b/f and I went for two nights, staying at the Ramada I mentioned before, it was about $400 w/ tax and whatnot, double occ/king bed. Staying less nights in lesser-rooms would be cheaper. That is ballpark, but for the city, that is very good.

Travel-wise, depends on how you need to enter the city. Plane? I wouldn't know since I am too close to go that route. I've only flown a couple times, so I'm not good with deals and whatnot with that. I usually take a bus out of Albany -- about $80 round trip and they go right into Port Authority on the west side of Manhattan. Trains go into Grand Central (east side) or Penn(west I believe?)

Food can be more expensive in the city, but there are cheaper ways to go. Sometimes if you're really busy being touristy, a slice of REAL NY-style pizza is the way to go -- w/ a soda, it's less than $5! I think it's a good idea if you're busy in the day to go kinda cheaper and then have a nice dinner at night. Drinks? More pricey, I've found wherever I went.

Also, costs getting around the city: Last I knew, a day pass that can be used on both the trains AND busses was $7 -- unlimited rides. You have to buy a metro-card and you just swipe whenever you ride either. One ride I think is $2.50, so the $7 all day deal is a steal. A month-long pass (which no one will need) is about $75, give or take a couple bux. Walking around a lot is great, but Manhattan is too big to do on foot only, esp. in a short time!

And shopping! If you're into fake designer bags and crap, hello Chinatown! Shopping is like the food -- either REALLY expensive (like Prada on 5th avenue) or cheap (chinatown, some places in SoHo, downtown, etc.). Some good discount stores are Lohmans and Century 21 -- the latter is right across from the WTC site, but the store has things like...Kenneth Cole for 1/2 price or less.

Ladies, may I introduce our official guide to all that is cool in NYC, iluvgeddy05!

You aren't at all hyped, are you J? laugh.gif

Woo Hoo!

653.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 13 2007, 09:25 PM)
I think this is a awesome idea about how much $$ do you think we need & for how many days will we be there ?? i would really love this Vacation I earned it  yes.gif  wink.gif

Ladies, may I introduce our official guide to all that is cool in NYC, iluvgeddy05!

Woo Hoo!

653.gif

Hyped and home on a Friday night!

I didn't say that last part out loud, did I??

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 13 2007, 09:25 PM)

Woo Hoo!

653.gif

Hi;

When we were in for our Anniversary in April the $7 metro card was for 5 trips on the subway/buses.

I can check with Pags cousin more on the metro card as she works and lives in the city.

Also keep in mind spring in the city is more $$ Most room are up to 4 people which can really help us all out. Best rate I saw using April 20, 2008 for one night was $198 before the taxes at a Marriott near the Broadway area, which is also walking distance from the Port Authority.

If you fly in your best bet if your trying to save $$ is look at all 3 major aiports, JFK in NY, Laguardia in NY, or Newark in NJ.

Also if you are driving that group should try and make arrangement to have as few cars as possible. Meeting in a central location if possible. Park is $$$, however the Port Authority which is right out of the tunnel has inexpensive Parking.

oops.gif Almost forgot if shopping in Chinatown is on the things to do list it is a must that we walk the few blocks to Lil' Italy to Farras Bakery...Best pastries and Black and White cookies...I know GG likes the B&W ones...and we'll be walking them off so may as well enjoy! tongue.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 13 2007, 09:09 PM)
oops.gif Almost forgot if shopping in Chinatown is on the things to do list it is a must that we walk the few blocks to Lil' Italy to Farras Bakery...Best pastries and Black and White cookies...I know GG likes the B&W ones...and we'll be walking them off so may as well enjoy! tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

B/W cookies, shopping, hanging out with awesome NWW, and being spied on by the guys...

Now THIS is a vacation!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 10:30 PM)

biggrin.gif

B/W cookies, shopping, hanging out with awesome NWW, and being spied on by the guys...

Now THIS is a vacation!

laugh.gif

You get to use that NY accent too! tongue.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jul 13 2007, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2007, 10:30 PM)

biggrin.gif

Now THIS is a vacation!

laugh.gif

You get to use that NY accent too! tongue.gif

We ABSOLUTELY HAVE to do Little Italy!

Coolest of cool of all this is that Tom (farcry, my lovely husband) has family in the NY and NJ area. I think I'll make it a week or two of it. One day and night in Southampton in a super, duper beach house? Fogetaboutit. Knowing Tom's aunt, she'd let us ALL hang out. Tenative, of course, but I know how cool she is. Wadda'll think? wub.gif

Archived