The OFFICIAL NYC NWWCON thread

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 14 2008, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 14 2008, 09:04 AM)
What a minute.  I'm never in this thread.  When and how did this get pulled from being in NY? confused13.gif

confused13.gif

I'm not sure it has. unsure.gif

With the announcement of the 2008 leg, some of us are faced with choices as resources are limited. doh.gif

What do you think? Should we forget about the tour and blow it all in NYC? cheer.gif

Please share your thoughts. yes.gif

What if we could see Rush WITH our Rush sisters? 653.gif Wouldn't that be ideal? cosmo.gif

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 15 2008, 12:31 AM)
What a minute.  I'm never in this thread.  When and how did this get pulled from being in NY? confused13.gif

confused13.gif

With the announcement of the 2008 leg, some of us are faced with choices as resources are limited. doh.gif

What do you think? Should we forget about the tour and blow it all in NYC? cheer.gif

What if we could see Rush WITH our Rush sisters? 653.gif Wouldn't that be ideal? cosmo.gif

Personally, I'd love to do both - but with the new tour, the only way I can afford to do both is if the NWW meetup is going to be around either the Manchester (Granite Grady) or Boston show... sad.gif

I wasn't trying to assume that we'd move it up here, I just suggested that as an option, seeing as it doesn't appear that they are going to be playing IN NYC unsure.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 15 2008, 06:08 PM)
Personally, I'd love to do both - but with the new tour, the only way I can afford to do both is if the NWW meetup is going to be around either the Manchester (Granite Grady) or Boston show... sad.gif

I'd love to come up to Manchester and meet everyone AND see a show! Can't do both, though fists crying.gif

I'll be watching this thread with great interest to see what comes of it... you guys are great and I want to meet y'all! yes.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 15 2008, 07:08 PM)

confused13.gif

I wasn't trying to assume that we'd move it up here, I just suggested that as an option, seeing as it doesn't appear that they are going to be playing IN NYC unsure.gif

Sorry if I'm outta the loop, but what's this Granite Grady? confused13.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 16 2008, 10:16 AM)

confused13.gif

smile.gif

LOL That's the gathering Der Trom & I will be hosting (so long as they still play the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 16 2008, 05:20 PM)

confused13.gif

smile.gif

LOL That's the gathering Der Trom & I will be hosting (so long as they still play the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester) new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Looks like the Boston show is going to

be June 15th. sad.gif

I guess I won't be attending this one. This is a busy

time of the year over here. Anything that we are

doing has to be AFTER JULY 1.

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jan 16 2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 16 2008, 05:20 PM)

confused13.gif

smile.gif

Looks like the Boston show is going to

be June 15th. sad.gif

I guess I won't be attending this one. This is a busy

time of the year over here. Anything that we are

doing has to be AFTER JULY 1.

Well, the Manchester show is still slated for July - which is the one the Granite Grady is for smile.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 17 2008, 11:20 AM)
Friday, July 11: Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester, NH

acc. to RIAB, as always.

yes.gif Click here for the Official Granite Grady Hype Thread, and to sign up for the Granite Grady Meetup!! biggrin.gif

altho i have yet to confer with my fellow NWW here on this subject

here is MY thought on this whole gig.

when we originally planned this event, that was before we knew that 2.gif was planning on another leg of the tour for 08

now that we have the opportunity to see the band again, and some for the first time this tour... maybe we should consider postponing the NWW NYCCON until next year.

For some, it appears as tho the chance to see the band again is a greater desire than a bunch of us getting together for a fun weekend in the city... a lot of us (myself included) cannot afford to do it all... a couple shows, AND NYC to boot. seeing how the band is not coming to the city at this time it's too hard to try and afford it all...

so... what do ya'll who are interested in doing a NWW NYCCON think about that?

should be just table the idea for another year and concentrate on the tour instead???

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:06 PM)

when we originally planned this event, that was before we knew that 2.gif was planning on another leg of the tour for 08

now that we have the opportunity to see the band again, and some for the first time this tour... maybe we should consider postponing the NWW NYCCON until next year.

For some, it appears as tho the chance to see the band again is a greater desire than a bunch of us getting together for a fun weekend in the city... a lot of us (myself included) cannot afford to do it all... a couple shows, AND NYC to boot. seeing how the band is not coming to the city at this time it's too hard to try and afford it all...

should be just table the idea for another year and concentrate on the tour instead???

As much as I loved the though NWWcon in NYC I must concur with Ladi on this. Putting it off sad.gif to a non tour time!

There will be so many chances to meet up at various concerts occuring that to find the $$ to do it all is becoming harder and harder.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 18 2008, 07:54 PM)

For some, it appears as tho the chance to see the band again is a greater desire than a bunch of us getting together for a fun weekend in the city... a lot of us (myself included) cannot afford to do it all... a couple shows, AND NYC to boot.  seeing how the band is not coming to the city at this time it's too hard to try and afford it all...

As much as I loved the though NWWcon in NYC I must concur with Ladi on this. Putting it off sad.gif to a non tour time!

There will be so many chances to meet up at various concerts occuring that to find the $$ to do it all is becoming harder and harder.

I agree - as much as I'd love to see all of you, I just can't afford to do both. sad.gif

sad.gif

My big brother, Necro, said that if it's a matter of money, HE would host the NWW con at his house. He'd even leave so not to make any of us feel uncomfortable during the pillow fights and twister games.

He's such a good guy eh?

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jan 20 2008, 10:58 AM)
7/14, jones beach? confused13.gif

its a monday eh.gif

but we could party all weekend first! tongue.gif

what say you, NWW?

I really wish I could do it, but if it happens this tour, I'm afraid I'll have to bail sad.gif

Some of us have plans for that weekend.

The show at PNC is Saturday and we will be getting

there a few days before hand. I am not trying to speak

for everyone but I know of at least 4 women, including

one that started putting this together, that would not be able

to do that.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jan 19 2008, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Jan 18 2008, 07:54 PM)

For some, it appears as tho the chance to see the band again is a greater desire than a bunch of us getting together for a fun weekend in the city... a lot of us (myself included) cannot afford to do it all... a couple shows, AND NYC to boot.  seeing how the band is not coming to the city at this time it's too hard to try and afford it all...

I agree - as much as I'd love to see all of you, I just can't afford to do both. sad.gif

I went back to the start of this thread.

Looks like this was put together by:

iluvgeddy05

GG

ladirushfan80

sullysue

I know what Ladi's idea is. She feels that with

2.gif touring and some of us wanting to catch

them, it will be hard to do NYC and a show. Her

idea was to put this off until next year.

What do the rest of the NWW that put this

together think?

I think that is a really good idea. I know that

alot of us will end up at 2.gif shows and hanging

with other members. I know that it will not be the

same as our NYC NWWCON. But there are going to

be ALOT of NWW that won't be attending because of

the second leg of the tour.

I also agree with Ladi, Owl, and LSM.

As much as I can't wait to hang with all of you...

There is no way to do NYC and the 2.gif shows. sad.gif

Yes, I started this thread so I'm responsible! Here's my take on it all..

Putting it off until a non-Rush touring year would definitely work better for me as well. The only way it could work this year is to do it in another (cheaper) location, maybe plan it around a show...but it's hard to do that I think since everyone has a different show they want to attend, mostly ones closest to their home location. Because of Rush, I can't do both this time around.

Doing this in a non-touring year would give us more money and time to plan as well, esp. if we want to do NYC. I think we all have our minds on S&A 2008 and being financially strapped as some of us are, we're putting all our $$$ and planning into Rush. After the 2nd leg, we'll have a fresher mind on when and where we might want to do this.

Sound good?

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 21 2008, 05:13 PM)
Doing this in a non-touring year would give us more money and time to plan as well, esp. if we want to do NYC. I think we all have our minds on S&A 2008 and being financially strapped as some of us are, we're putting all our $$$ and planning into Rush. After the 2nd leg, we'll have a fresher mind on when and where we might want to do this.

Sound good?

I second the motion! I really hope to be able to participate in the NWWCON event biggrin.gif but can only do so much in one year...

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 21 2008, 06:13 PM)
Yes, I started this thread so I'm responsible! Here's my take on it all..

Putting it off until a non-Rush touring year would definitely work better for me as well. The only way it could work this year is to do it in another (cheaper) location, maybe plan it around a show...but it's hard to do that I think since everyone has a different show they want to attend, mostly ones closest to their home location. Because of Rush, I can't do both this time around.

Sound good?

yes.gif agreed smile.gif

Archived