Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Dread Pirate Robert

Hated it.

I'm not a big fan of Jim Carrey, so I personally would pass on it. The only role which I could say he did well was the Riddler in Batman 3.

I tend to be drawn towards "indie" films though and like the format without all the Hollywood "glitz".

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 20 2004, 10:40 AM)
I've seen this one on the rack at the blockbuster and have come close several times, but for some reason never rent it. Any recommendations? confused13.gif

I watched 'Dodgeball' last night. A trifle crude, but with some dam funny moments (most of which occur when Rip Torn is onscreen). File under 'guilty pleasure'.

'Hero' is amazing. If you liked 'Crouching Tiger' you should check it out. Also 'Shaun Of The Dead' streets tomorrow on DVD. Definitely worth your valuable time!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 20 2004, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 20 2004, 10:40 AM)
I've seen this one on the rack at the blockbuster and have come close several times, but for some reason never rent it. Any recommendations? confused13.gif

I watched 'Dodgeball' last night. A trifle crude, but with some dam funny moments (most of which occur when Rip Torn is onscreen). File under 'guilty pleasure'.

'Hero' is amazing. If you liked 'Crouching Tiger' you should check it out. Also 'Shaun Of The Dead' streets tomorrow on DVD. Definitely worth your valuable time!

thanks Jack.

Watched "Twisted" over the weekend with Ashley Judd and Sam Jackson. Don't waste your time.

I went to see Eternal Sunshine at the cinema and, despite not being a Jim Carrey fan either, loved it. I found it to be an interesting and amusing film .

Probably the best way I can describe it is the best story Phillip K Dick never wrote.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 20 2004, 12:05 PM)
I'm not a big fan of Jim Carrey, so I personally would pass on it. The only role which I could say he did well was the Riddler in Batman 3.

I tend to be drawn towards "indie" films though and like the format without all the Hollywood "glitz".

That's really pretty close to what this movie is.

Loved it ... of course, I had to watch most of it alone since Jack couldn't sit through the whole thing. No car chases, no blood, lots of talking. But a great movie.

Another good one I had to watch alone last week --- Home at the End of The World. Who knew Colin Farrell could actually act? I thought he just could look really good !

Edited by Quyn

Ignore Jack and see the movie.

It's brilliant comedy-drama.

If it has a theme, I suppose it could be described as about human relationships, specifically male/female love relationships.

Awesomely done.

It was a little confusing in the beginning, but I thought it was a brilliant movie. Plus you get to watch Kirsten Dunst dance around in her underwear...worth the price of admission right there!

Sure the part he played was called the Riddler, but it was more or less the Joker that he was actually playing, without the part of the psycho killer in the character...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 25 2004, 11:26 PM)

Sure the part he played was called the Riddler, but it was more or less the Joker that he was actually playing, without the part of the psycho killer in the character...

That's a good point. Carrey played Riddler kinda like The Joker from the TV series. Like he said in the movie after a barrage of overacting, "Was that over the top? I can never tell!"

I'm not a huge fan of Carrey either, but I thought he was great in "The Truman Show."

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 25 2004, 08:31 PM)
It was a little confusing in the beginning, but I thought it was a brilliant movie.

I agree.

A brilliant movie.

And Jim Carrey's best peformance that I have seen.

QUOTE (Closer to the Heart @ Dec 25 2004, 05:51 PM)

If it has a theme, I suppose it could be described as about human relationships, specifically male/female love relationships.

Awesomely done.

Pure crap.

Who the f*ck needs lovey dovey relationship crap?

B O R I N G

Give me blood and guts anytime.

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 26 2004, 09:58 AM)
It was a little confusing in the beginning, but I thought it was a brilliant movie. Plus you get to watch Kirsten Dunst dance around in her underwear...worth the price of admission right there!

Except for the part about Kirsten Dunst, that sounds pretty gay. pokey.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Gay? Dude! Excellent tata's

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 26 2004, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 26 2004, 11:55 PM)

Except for the part about Kirsten Dunst, that sounds pretty gay.  pokey.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/kirsten_007.jpg

Sorry, back on topic.......

drool1.gif she is hot

QUOTE (dweezil @ Dec 27 2004, 04:10 AM)

Awesomely done.

Pure crap.

B O R I N G

Let me guess, you're a Tarantino fan

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 26 2004, 11:55 PM)

Except for the part about Kirsten Dunst, that sounds pretty gay. pokey.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Thanks, dude! My man-boobs have rarely been complimented like that.

Oh wait................. you meant Kirsten? wacko.gif

Yep! She's mighty nice! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Dec 26 2004, 11:10 PM)

Awesomely done.

Pure crap.

B O R I N G

I know you are being sarcastic.

However, for those who might have misinterpreted your post -- the movie is not some "lovey-dovey" type of "chick-flick". Far from it. On the contrary, it gives a very honest, often not very pretty, view of human relationships.