John Rutsey

Sark

I was just wondering what happened to him after all these years. I'd hate to think he's sunken as far as doing some cheesy lounge act in Reno or something. Just curious! cocktail.gif blah.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Dec 20 2004, 09:21 AM)
Absolutley! That was the haircut from hell's barber shop! Poor ol' John firedevil.gif rofl3.gif

It was probably one of the the top styles then too! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

He would have been better of with one of these ph34r.gif

According to Neil's intro to Rush Complete (it was a book of Rush sheet music from the 1st album to [if memory serves] 'Signals') he married Geddy's sister. I don't know if they are still together or not, though.

QUOTE (signutsechsjuan @ Dec 20 2004, 05:39 PM)
He rents a room from me. Always muttering about "world's best drummer... HA!"

Kinda a weird guy.

This is of course a joke smile.gif I have no idea what he's doing now.

Dam, you had me going there for a sec rofl3.gif

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Dec 21 2004, 12:26 AM)
Wonder if he kicks himself in the butt sometimes...you know, gets it going in his head, "God, they're so successful! Damn diabetes!"

Without Neil they wouldn't be succesful LOL.gif

He may have formed a support group with Pete Best.

I have no idea what he's up to now. But one thing I really respect about him is that he's not trying to make $ off his former job whereas Pete Best is writing all these books on "the true beginnings of the Beatles" Rustey has pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth. He doesn't have a crappy band that plays clubs advertising "FEATURING JOHN RUTSEY THE ORIGINAL DRUMMER FOR RUSH." That's one thing I love about him...he's not capitalising on what he used to do. Unlike DLR...

Whatever happened to John Rutsey?

"John's still around. I see John quite often. He gave up playing shortly after he left the band and went into bodybuilding. He competed on an amateur level for a while, doing that for a few years, and has sort of been in and out of that, but he still works out, and I work out with him a few times a week at a local gym - at a Gold's, here in Toronto." - Alex Lifeson, in the 2/6/89 "Rockline" interview

www.thebestlinks.com/John_Rutsey

Archived