Want a shortcut for Capture Volume

Chasartymac

OK, I have a Logitech USB desktop microphone which I use with Skype. It is great, ...but, if the dog barks or another sharp loud noise, the volume is automatically cut down. To put it back up again I have to open the sound volume sliders, (double click the speaker icon in the system tray), select properties, change the mixer device 'drop down' to my mike, click Apply and the bank of volume sliders changes to one slider with the title 'Capture'.

It appears as 'Capture' in the applications list in Task Manager but when I select go to process from the right click it shows the running process of 'sndvol32.exe'. If I make a shortcut to that process it opens the bank of volume sliders and I still have to go through the properties to change them to the one 'Capture' slider.

Is there away to add a switch to the shortcut that would open the Capture slider directly? I've Googled for an answer but cannot find one.

This your mic Chas?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support/...,CONTENTID=6890

Doesn't hurt to drop them an email. They have a link there.

You can create a shortcut to a control panel applet, even if the icon doesn't show on the CP window. I wonder if when you dig down in the properties it calls up another .CPL file. May be do a search for CPL files and see what you get.

Yep, that's the one.

I looked at the cpl files and no, there isn't one that takes me direct to the slider. I can only open the sound properties page the same as opening my existing shortcut. I still need to select tabs etc...

I'll email logitech at some point.

Thanks anyway Barn.

http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Archived