Ignore Feature?

rushfanNlv

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonilink @ Jul 4 2007, 04:58 AM)
I think the admins have this feature on you!

XD

laugh.gif hahahahaha. Good one.

They say it it coming soon. Can't wait. I will finally be able to really enjoy this forum without having to wade through the posts from "those people"...you know who you are.

I'll still have to see their comments in quotes but.........

OH PLEASE!!! If we need an ignore feature, we're at the same level as other boards, and I don't think we are. Grow a thicker skin and learn to scroll past the posts of "those members" that you don't like.

Hell... i scroll past Tick's posts EVERY DAY!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 6 2007, 03:27 PM)
OH PLEASE!!! If we need an ignore feature, we're at the same level as other boards, and I don't think we are. Grow a thicker skin and learn to scroll past the posts of "those members" that you don't like.

Hell... i scroll past Tick's posts EVERY DAY!!! tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 6 2007, 08:10 AM)
OH PLEASE!!!  If we need an ignore feature, we're at the same level as other boards, and I don't think we are.  Grow a thicker skin and learn to scroll past the posts of "those members" that you don't like. 

Hell... i scroll past Tick's posts EVERY DAY!!!  tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

I have been doing that for some time. I just thought that since the option is available, why not use it. My windows roll down in my car but I prefer to use the air conditioning you know? Same thing. The feature worked out great for me over at guitargeek until I became a moderator. They don't let you ignore anyone then! wink.gif

I'm just trying to avoid some of the constant negativity I see from certain people. I know I should be more tolerant, and I have been for a while now, but again, if it's available to us, then great. If I'm the minority here and nobody else wants the ability to ignore members, fine. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Edited by rushfanNlv

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 6 2007, 01:26 PM)
OH PLEASE!!!  If we need an ignore feature, we're at the same level as other boards, and I don't think we are.  Grow a thicker skin and learn to scroll past the posts of "those members" that you don't like. 

goodpost.gif

I have been doing that for some time. I just thought that since the option is available, why not use it. My windows roll down in my car but I prefer to use the air conditioning you know? Same thing. The feature worked out great for me over at guitargeek until I became a moderator. They don't let you ignore anyone then! wink.gif

I'm just trying to avoid some of the constant negativity I see from certain people. I know I should be more tolerant, and I have been for a while now, but again, if it's available to us, then great. If I'm the minority here and nobody else wants the ability to ignore members, fine. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Hey maybe you're on to something. laugh.gif

I'd love to ignore some of the pathetic negativity I see around here.

I think I'm going to join up on a message board dealing in something I specifically don't like, and spend lots of time there. That will be such a worthwhile and personally fulfilling use of my time. yes.gif rofl3.gif

Here ya go may not be a button but the smiley may work!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/dpagano4/thIgnore.gif

I simply adore negativity.

Let me give you an example - one of my favorite little Jack Handy quotes:

They say when you hear a bell ring - an angel gets their wings.

What they don't tell you is when you hear a mousetrap *SNAP* - an angel gets set on fire.

Edited by Godeater2112

I just popped in because the subtitle was "we have one at GG" and I was curious.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2007, 05:14 PM)
I could do with an ignore feature, so I don't have to see anymore adverts for a certain radio show...

laugh.gif

Or any other shameless attention-whoring for that matter. laugh.gif

Great idea.... I can then simply put everyone in the entire forum on it and only have to look at my posts. That way my delicate sensibilities won't be offended by any opinion that doesn't agree with mine, and I won't have to whine and cry about all the big bad bullies out there that don't live in sunny la-la land sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 11 2007, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2007, 05:14 PM)
I could do with an ignore feature, so I don't have to see anymore adverts for a certain radio show...

laugh.gif

Or any other shameless attention-whoring for that matter. laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 11 2007, 01:56 PM)
Great idea.... I can then simply put everyone in the entire forum on it and only have to look at my posts. That way my delicate sensibilities won't be offended by any opinion that doesn't agree with mine, and I won't have to whine and cry about all the big bad bullies out there that don't live in sunny la-la land sarcasm.gif

Dude, again....you are way off. This has nothing to do with delicate sensibilities or opinions. You, I wouldn't ignore. You are always good for a laugh. Trolls however, I would choose to ignore.

Again I'll say it: It is an option in the program and all message board programs for a reason.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jul 10 2007, 11:49 AM)

goodpost.gif

I think I'm going to join up on a message board dealing in something I specifically don't like, and spend lots of time there. That will be such a worthwhile and personally fulfilling use of my time. yes.gif rofl3.gif

wtf.gif Why ya pickin on me ? Geez, if i gonna be roasted at least add a bit of Rosemary so im properly seasoned. By the way. I LOVE RUSH ! and my posts are da bomb ! yes.gif trink38.gif

edited to say, now i know who's posts ill be scrolling past ! rushfansuv, rushfandwi, or whatever your name is. bolt.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 13 2007, 08:29 AM)
Tick.....kicking ass since 1978. common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif cheer.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

Thank you ! ill be here the rest of my life, try the Veal. old.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 13 2007, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 13 2007, 08:29 AM)
Tick.....kicking ass since 1978. common001.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif

Thank you ! ill be here the rest of my life, try the Veal. old.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jul 10 2007, 07:49 AM)

goodpost.gif

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Those members that enter into a topic with the attitude that they are going to bitch or complain or simply have the opposite opinion just because. They join a site that they have no particular interest in and run around posting crap. It's called trolling and it's worse in the summer because all the kiddies are out of school and bored.

Mustard Death, I would never ignore you. Your posts are on topic and smart. I may not agree with you sometimes but that is not what a message board is all about. If I ignored everyone I did not agree with, well let's just say that Fridge's post would be spot on for once. wink.gif

Summer troll season is a bitch. I'm just trying to put on my troll suit of armor. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jul 12 2007, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 11 2007, 01:56 PM)

Dude, again....you are way off. This has nothing to do with delicate sensibilities or opinions. You, I wouldn't ignore. You are always good for a laugh. Trolls however, I would choose to ignore.

Again I'll say it: It is an option in the program and all message board programs for a reason.

You know, I can forgive most things...

But being called "dude" is not one of them.

Please desist from using this hippy, joss-stick, 70's language forthwith or I will be forced to use the ignore button

wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

How about everyone just do reverse ignoring instead?

Everybuddy make your own thread - call it your user name if you like.

Only ever ever post in YOUR thread.

If everyone did this - it would be easy for people to ignore whoever they wish by not going into their thread.

Sounds like a plan? Ok you go first.

Edited by Godeater2112