Post Rushdom Depression

LakesideMaiden

Does anyone else go thru serious withdrawls after seeing them play live? Like it went by way too fast, and now you just feel empty and dying to try and see them live again before the tour is over...

*sigh*

wub.gif 2.gif wub.gif

wub.gif drool1.gif GeddyFinal.gif drool1.gif wub.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I definitely see where you're coming from yes.gif . I haven't seen them yet on this tour, but when I do I'm sure it will go by way too fast. Like all good things in life I suppose..... sad.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 29 2007, 06:13 PM)
Does anyone else go thru serious withdrawls after seeing them play live? Like it went by way too fast, and now you just feel empty and dying to try and see them live again before the tour is over...

*sigh*

wub.gif 2.gif wub.gif

Exactly!!!! In fact I always begin to get that sick feeling that it's almost over a couple songs close to the encore. We were with you at Mansfield. The whole band was glorious and I couldn't take my eyes off of Geddy. He looks great!!! It was such a special night that I understand how you feel now that its over. Seeing them live makes me want more, more, more! I try to counter that let down feeling by playing as much 2.gif as possible.

We will be going to CT on July 9th. I've been working on Tortoise to work MSG into our already blown budget, but I'm probably just dreaming. I even offered to drive to Montreal because tickets are cheaper there, so he thinks I've totally lost it!!! Tortoise is the voice of reason (he hates having to be the adult!) on money issues; I'd probably mortgage the house to buy tickets - - front row, Geddy's side!!!

I've often dreamed of buying an old RV and traveling around to every U.S. venue on the tour someday when I retire early from teaching.

Think 2.gif can stick it out for five+ more years? Dream, dream, dream . . .

I've read in another thread that you have had to make the difficult decision to see them only once this year. We've had to do the same in years past when the kids were younger. It's a b**ch! Hopefully, they'll come back after the holidays. There are rumors that they will be playing the indoor venues close to us in 2008. Maybe the new Garden in Boston or the Providence Civic Center (Dunkin Donuts now). We had seen the VT show in Mansfield during the summer and then they returned in November to the new Boston Garden - - soooooo it's been done before. We filled the Tweeter center with almost 20,000 fans two days ago - - they should know that we love and support them!!! Hope the possibility of New England dates in 2008 lifts your spirits a bit!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 29 2007, 08:40 PM)
Does anyone else go thru serious withdrawls after seeing them play live?  Like it went by way too fast, and now you just feel empty and dying to try and see them live again before the tour is over...

*sigh*

wub.gif 2.gif wub.gif

Exactly!!!! In fact I always begin to get that sick feeling that it's almost over a couple songs close to the encore. We were with you at Mansfield. The whole band was glorious and I couldn't take my eyes off of Geddy. He looks great!!! It was such a special night that I understand how you feel now that its over. Seeing them live makes me want more, more, more! I try to counter that let down feeling by playing as much 2.gif as possible.

We will be going to CT on July 9th. I've been working on Tortoise to work MSG into our already blown budget, but I'm probably just dreaming. I even offered to drive to Montreal because tickets are cheaper there, so he thinks I've totally lost it!!! Tortoise is the voice of reason (he hates having to be the adult!) on money issues; I'd probably mortgage the house to buy tickets - - front row, Geddy's side!!!

I've often dreamed of buying an old RV and traveling around to every U.S. venue on the tour someday when I retire early from teaching.

I've read in another thread that you have had to make the difficult decision to see them only once this year. We've had to do the same in years past when the kids were younger. It's a b**ch! Hopefully, they'll come back after the holidays. There are rumors that they will be playing the indoor venues close to us in 2008. Maybe the new Garden in Boston or the Providence Civic Center (Dunkin Donuts now). We had seen the VT show in Mansfield during the summer and then they returned in November to the new Boston Garden - - soooooo it's been done before. We filled the Tweeter center with almost 20,000 fans two days ago - - they should know that we love and support them!!! Hope the possibility of New England dates in 2008 lifts your spirits a bit!

Hare biggrin.gif

wub.gif Thanks Hare!! That really did bouy my spirits a bit smile.gif If I had a house, I'd probably do the same thing...for the same location LMAO And it does help to play a sh!tload of 2.gif after the show - I really don't stop listening to it, even when I'm asleep! I've got S&A in my CD alarm clock playing on repeat all night. We just got done watching the MVI Making Of...loved it!!! There's some good footage on there of Ged that I'm planning on doing some screencaps of drool1.gif We're still trying to find a way to go to Mohegan (keep your fingers crossed that we can!)

Think  2.gif can stick it out for five+ more years?  Dream, dream, dream . . .

That's WICKED funny - we've been saying if we won Powerball, we'd travel around in an RV, and hit all the tour stops we could along the way. As far as the five + more years - I think they have it in them. After watching the Making Of, well, neither of us has seen Neil so animated and excited about an album in a very long time - they've gotten their creative juices flowing, and I would hazzard a guess that they will be putting out at least a couple more albums (knock on wood, pray for more than that!) and tour for them.

I didn't know about the rumour of indoor venues closer to 2008!!!!!!! OMG that would be absof@ckinlutely fabulous if they played the Verizon up here in Manch! Party at our place before and after the show!! (though we won't have room for people to crash unfortunately) Plenty of fairly cheap hotels in Manchester too smile.gif We live only about a 5 minute drive to the Verizon bncegrn.gif Hell, even if they played the Garden, that would rock biggrin.gif Still another stop on the tour that we can hopefully look forward to smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 29 2007, 08:44 PM)
Does anyone else go thru serious withdrawls after seeing them play live?  Like it went by way too fast, and now you just feel empty and dying to try and see them live again before the tour is over...

*sigh*

wub.gif 2.gif wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

wub.gif Thanks Hare!! That really did bouy my spirits a bit smile.gif If I had a house, I'd probably do the same thing...for the same location LMAO And it does help to play a sh!tload of 2.gif after the show - I really don't stop listening to it, even when I'm asleep! I've got S&A in my CD alarm clock playing on repeat all night. We just got done watching the MVI Making Of...loved it!!! There's some good footage on there of Ged that I'm planning on doing some screencaps of drool1.gif We're still trying to find a way to go to Mohegan (keep your fingers crossed that we can!)

That's WICKED funny - we've been saying if we won Powerball, we'd travel around in an RV, and hit all the tour stops we could along the way. As far as the five + more years - I think they have it in them. After watching the Making Of, well, neither of us has seen Neil so animated and excited about an album in a very long time - they've gotten their creative juices flowing, and I would hazzard a guess that they will be putting out at least a couple more albums (knock on wood, pray for more than that!) and tour for them.

I didn't know about the rumour of indoor venues closer to 2008!!!!!!! OMG that would be absof@ckinlutely fabulous if they played the Verizon up here in Manch! Party at our place before and after the show!! (though we won't have room for people to crash unfortunately) Plenty of fairly cheap hotels in Manchester too smile.gif We live only about a 5 minute drive to the Verizon bncegrn.gif Hell, even if they played the Garden, that would rock biggrin.gif Still another stop on the tour that we can hopefully look forward to smile.gif

Oh shoot, forgot about the Verizon!! We loooove New Hampshire... any excuse to drive up will do. For 2.gif , definitely, we're there!

Good luck with your quest for Mohecan Sun. I'll work up some Magicks for ya!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 29 2007, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 29 2007, 08:44 PM)

*sigh*

wub.gif 2.gif wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Oh shoot, forgot about the Verizon!! We loooove New Hampshire... any excuse to drive up will do. For 2.gif , definitely, we're there!

Good luck with your quest for Mohecan Sun. I'll work up some Magicks for ya!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Thanks Hare! smile.gif

does happy dance at the concept of Rush in Manchester.... bncegrn.gif 653.gif common001.gif chickendance.gif cheer.gif

ohmy.gif wub.gif GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif would only be 5 minutes from my be - I mean my apartment! .... drool1.gif

....sorry, I'll probably be doing that for awhile...

drool1.gif

*sigh*

I have a feeling I'll get depressed too as I've been sooooo looking forward to this tour. Thats why I am going more than once to get my fill. If this tour was last year I would've never been able to see them. I am very grateful this year. 2.gif wub.gif

This is so funny! Yeah...I did kind of go into a funk after finally seeing them on June 13th! LOL! I had been waiting months to see these guys that I had loved for so many years for the first time, and the show absolutely lived up to my expectations. Phenomenal show! But after my post-RUSH high, a few days later I was a bit down that it was over. Like some incredible ride at the best amusement park in the world, I WANTED TO GO AGAIN!!! laugh.gif

Ahhh...but just like the saying, "We'll always have Paris." Hey! We'll always have RUSH!

yeah, I'm feelin' it ladies.

I doubt I'll be seeing them again on this tour. Toronto was almost an option but that will not be happening now.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 2 2007, 10:33 AM)
yeah, I'm feelin' it ladies.

I doubt I'll be seeing them again on this tour. Toronto was almost an option but that will not be happening now.

sad.gif Awww man that sucks in so many ways. I hope you didn't have your expectations up before you found out you couldn't go unsure.gif

today I'm getting the "Man I can't believe it's over already" feeling....Just came and went.

I'm seeing them at least 2 more times but the biggest void is the fun time I was having partying with some TRF members...Like I said in another thread the party ended WAY too early sad.gif

I hope I don't get that feeling for sure. I see them this Friday for the first time and I can't wait, as I've been waiting for years to see them live for the first time. Yeah 2.gif !!!!

I know from seeing other artists that I love just as much, that afterwards (meaning right after I left the concert), I still felt so excited and thrilled and happy that I just saw them live. I hope Rush puts this tour on DVD so we can all experience this concert again.

Go Rush! cheer.gif

QUOTE (Lauriej @ Jul 2 2007, 03:53 PM)
I hope I don't get that feeling for sure. I see them this Friday for the first time and I can't wait, as I've been waiting for years to see them live for the first time. Yeah 2.gif !!!!

I know from seeing other artists that I love just as much, that afterwards (meaning right after I left the concert), I still felt so excited and thrilled and happy that I just saw them live. I hope Rush puts this tour on DVD so we can all experience this concert again.

Go Rush! cheer.gif

You lucky girl! I am still in my 17 day countdown. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 2 2007, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (Lauriej @ Jul 2 2007, 03:53 PM)
I hope I don't get that feeling for sure.  I see them this Friday for the first time and I can't wait, as I've been waiting for years to see them live for the first time.  Yeah 2.gif !!!! 

Go Rush!  cheer.gif

You lucky girl! I am still in my 17 day countdown. laugh.gif

Yea, 1 day now for me till I see then live! yes.gif

But after tomorrow, I won't have them to look forward to anymore, and you will lady april! smile.gif

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL I may be going to another show (Mohegan) - still waiting to find out...keep those finger's crossed!!!

Are you serious? Oh man, I've been so psyched about this show that I didn't even think about what it would be like to watch them pack up and go... fists crying.gif

Seriously though. I've been counting down since 136 days til. I'm on summer vacation right now, and everyone's been on me about how I'm wishing away my break, but I just can't help it!

Now I'm at 35 days til my first 2.gif show, and I can hardly think of anything else.

Jeeze.

Post-Rushdom Depression.

You'd think they'd have to write that in a little warning label somewhere on the ticket... eh.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 2 2007, 12:13 PM)
today I'm getting the "Man I can't believe it's over already" feeling....Just came and went.

I'm seeing them at least 2 more times but the biggest void is the fun time I was having partying with some TRF members...Like I said in another thread the party ended WAY too early  sad.gif

yes.gif *whispers* "rushcon"

for me, its totally about who else is going to be there. i mean, it's not like i'm going to get to meet the band or anything anyways, and i'll prolly get a better view from bootlegs. confused13.gif

but where else can you hang out and enjoy Rush with thousands of other fans? heart.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 29 2007, 05:13 PM)

*sigh*

wub.gif 2.gif wub.gif

I've got three words for you, LM:

VEGAS BABY!

Sell some body parts and catch a flight.

I was blessed to see 2.gif 3 times in 10 days,

with lots of great friends. biggrin.gif But coming back

from that great vacation and missing all my friends

has me a bit bummed. sad.gif

The things that keep me going are knowing I will see

my 2.gif friends again this summer and knowing that

we are going to DETROIT!!! 1022.gif

To get rid of the 2.gif blues...

Grab another ticket to a show. yes.gif

I so wish I could have gone to the Mohegan show. But it

just wasn't a possibility.

Hi ladies - I figured it was safe to post on this topic.

Yeah, I think I felt a certain withdrawal and a sense that seeing Rush live again won't happen for a very long time for me, and I do hope we get that opportunity again before they decide to hang it up for good.

It's a week later of shows and all I got was a Geddy obsession? Can't think. Wait! Thinking too much. Posting too much! Shut Up! Can't think. Need to listen to Rush.

Again

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 30 2007, 09:59 PM)
It's a week later of shows and all I got was a Geddy obsession? Can't think. Wait! Thinking too much. Posting too much! Shut Up! Can't think. Need to listen to Rush.
Again

unsure.gif

LOL see, now that's what I'm talkin about! That NEED to have everything 2.gif going on around you (moreso than usual), just to stave off the sadness that you won't be seeing them live again for awhile....I staved it off by going to Mohegan Sun, and now I'm greatly looking forward to MSG on 9/17 (thanks to the very generous natures of our good friends, Tortoise & Hare wub.gif)...but I'm still listening to 2.gif at work (even have pics of them up at work blush4.gif), at home, in the car from home to work and back again, in the car heading to go fishing, while I'm fishing if the car can be parked close enough, etc. etc. LOL

...and it's not obsession unsure.gif - as Mission states, 'obsession has to have action', so if you're not stalking him, it's not obsession LOL - it's pure adoration of a wonderful, talented man heart.gif GeddyFinal.gif heart.gif

smile.gif Phew! Thank God then. I feel better. unsure.gif No. I'm still freaking out! At least until Toronto. unsure.gif No.

ohmy.gif OMG! What the hell am I going to do when I get back from Toronto???Ah crap! eh.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 30 2007, 10:51 PM)
...and it's not obsession unsure.gif - as Mission states, 'obsession has to have action', so if you're not stalking him, it's not obsession LOL - it's pure adoration of a wonderful, talented man heart.gif GeddyFinal.gif heart.gif

Wonderfully written!!!!

LSM is right!!! Surround yourself with 2.gif and you'll feel better Lady April!

I'm concerned about how I'm going to feel after MSG, though. There's no way we can follow them to Europe this year. Oh, well . . still dreaming about 2008 possibilities!!! biggrin.gif

Archived