Shameless self-promotion

Hello friends,

I just finished up a new song that has been added to myspace. It has musical influences from Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes, Kansas, etc...

New:

Proxis: Final Requiem

Fall to Earth

Myspace Artist Site

Please come by and listen. Would love to hear any comments you may have.

Thanks so much!

Dave

I am very impressed. I liked it a lot. The song I heard, Proxis: Final Requiem, was kick ass!

Two comments I have would be the sound of the crash symbol and the vocals. The crash is just sort of there and fizzles out very quickly. It got on my nerves after a while. The vocals need a little reverb or something added for ambiance. They are way dry.

Overall, awesome job man. I envy you and your ability to write such diverse music. It was like a Prince song the way things changes so drastically but still flowed together at the same time. Very rare.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 25 2007, 02:18 PM)
I am very impressed. I liked it a lot. The song I heard, Proxis: Final Requiem, was kick ass!

Two comments I have would be the sound of the crash symbol and the vocals. The crash is just sort of there and fizzles out very quickly. It got on my nerves after a while. The vocals need a little reverb or something added for ambiance. They are way dry.

Overall, awesome job man. I envy you and your ability to write such diverse music. It was like a Prince song the way things changes so drastically but still flowed together at the same time. Very rare.

Thank you so much.

Rushfan: You are very perceptive. The overall drum patch is less than desireable. I am using a Yamaha EX-5 for the percussion, which is seriously a dinosaur. I plan on upgrading very soon to address that very issue. The cymbals are really annoying.

The vocals are a result of my lack of expertise at the Roland VS880EX. I had a very rich reverb effect and eq, but it didn't transfer on the mix-down for some reason. I will be re-visiting this to fix it, plus adding a harmony part. I was hoping to have the new Digitech Vocalist Live 2 by now, but it is on back-order sad.gif.

Proxis will be part of an over-all theme, similar to '2112' in song structure.

Thanks again,

Dave

I loved it, especially Proxis - Final Requiem. That song would make a great intro to a concept - you can just elaborate the different musical ideas in greater detail later in the song.

The music is very interesting and dynamic, not to mention catchy. I hear all sorts of influences in there, from a lot of my favorite bands (I hear shades of Pink Floyd, Triumph, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Triumvirat) but it remains original and true to itself.

This is the kind of music that I really like to hear! Congratulations and keep us updated on the progress, I would love to hear the rest of Proxis!

Thank you so much - All of you. It means a hell of a lot coming from folks who listen to Rush. Vocals on Proxis: Final Requiem have been updated today. I will let you know when there is a significant update in the future.

Dave

Edited by Cowtothesky

Very nice job Dave and each song is fresh and imaginative but being a drummer, I thought that the snare sounded too dry and the crash sound was a bit annoying.Keep it up mate as I would love to hear PROXIS when it has been updated.. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif Edited by different strings

Great stuff Dave! Very Kansas influenced, which I love, love, love.

Sent a friend request on myspace. I would love to "master" your recording for you. Let me know if you're interested. cool.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 10 2007, 09:49 AM)
Great stuff Dave! Very Kansas influenced, which I love, love, love.
Sent a friend request on myspace. I would love to "master" your recording for you. Let me know if you're interested. cool.gif

Dude, you should take Mike up on this offer. You'll be amazed.

Keep 'em coming Dave! Great music! I wish that we were closer together so that we could reform the band - I'd love to play all the new songs!

I need to come up and do some bass session work for ya! wink.gif

Thanks everyone smile.gif

Launchpad,

that is very cool of you to offer that. The song sounds really good on my VS880, but didn't transfer too well to MP3. And when I uploaded it to a streaming audio on Myspace, it really sounds flat. Send me a message on wht is involved in you mastering this. Would love to learn about that process as well. Thanks!

Dave