SPOILER: My fave song from the new setlist

bigvinny

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 24 2007, 10:55 PM)
Entre Nous.

By a long shot, not that I don't love a lot of other songs they played, but that was definitely the highlight for me.

Yeah, lookin' forward to that......love that song......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 24 2007, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 24 2007, 10:55 PM)
Entre Nous. 

By a long shot, not that I don't love a lot of other songs they played, but that was definitely the highlight for me.

Yeah, lookin' forward to that......love that song......

ya me too. probably the one I look forward to the most. !!

Having to wait until September for my 2 shows, I'm most excited for:

1. Bangkok

2. Digital Man

3. Entre Nous

4. Natural Science

On the other hand, I have bathroom/beer purchase breaks already picked-out as well:

Set one: Secret Touch

Set two: Armor and Sword/Spindrift

I'll be interested to see if anything gets switched out over the next 2 months...

I can't wait for Entre Nous and Bangkok. I am also curious to see how well the S&A material goes over. Mission is a pretty good addition.

2.gif

My potty break will be during, of course, Summertime Blues.

PS: I don't think spoiler needs to be in the title. It doesn't give any info on the setlist other than the thread starter has a favorite from the list. If you don't want to see songs from the setlist why would you look at a topic talking about it?

QUOTE (Screvato @ Jun 27 2007, 03:04 PM)
Not exactly sure what it was, but I have a new appreciation for TWTWB after seeing it live.

I hear you. I liked it from the 1st listen, but hearing it live was amazing. Geddy's vocals are some of the best he has done, imo. My favorite line, "Like the solitary pine On a bare wind-blasted shore..." is so evocative.

Digital Man was also very cool to hear, but I wish they would have played it like they recorded it and not rearranged it.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 27 2007, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (Screvato @ Jun 27 2007, 03:04 PM)
Not exactly sure what it was, but I have a new appreciation for TWTWB after seeing it live.

I hear you. I liked it from the 1st listen, but hearing it live was amazing. Geddy's vocals are some of the best he has done, imo. My favorite line, "Like the solitary pine On a bare wind-blasted shore..." is so evocative.

Digital Man was also very cool to hear, but I wish they would have played it like they recorded it and not rearranged it.

I noticed that Geddy was sounding great vocally at the Nissan show. I hope he can keep it up for the whole tour. He was hittin' those high notes, and wasn't backing off any.

And a note on the new material: The Larger Bowl translates really well live. In combination w/ the background, it was surprisingly clear, in spite of the acoustic verses. 653.gif

QUOTE (~WorkingMan~ @ Jun 28 2007, 12:00 PM)
The south park video was a great opening for tom sawyer. Fabulous!!!!

"No No No, thats not the way the song goes FAT ASS!" icon_really_happy_guy.gif

that's Huckleberry Finn"

Archived