41 replies to this topic

#41 anagramking

anagramking

Chi-town Acumen

• Members *
  • 8215 posts
  • Interests:baseball, anagrams, golf, impersonations, rush, stocks

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:18 AM

Indy, only 6 titles in the last 40 years.  The rest came before free agency.  It's not so bad.  I'll always respect the old Yankee tradition.  They put together some amazing teams back then.  Yogi won 11 rings.  Imagine that.  I never liked the Bronx Zoo years (having grown up a Dodger fan), but I have no problem with the recent championship teams they had.  This is just silly, though, what they're doing now.  And it's still no guarantee of anything.  I'm a Jeter fan, too.  I like it that he refused a request from the front office to call up Giambi to convince him to sign with the Yankees, because Tino Martinez was his close friend, and the departing first baseman.  I think the farm system or lack thereof is going to be devastating for years to come.  It is very hard to keep going out there and buying players.  Not everyone wants to play there.  Vlad told them flat out he wouldn't play for them last year.  So they had to settle for Sheffield in right field.  He has a lot of risk.  Who's in center field?  Bernie is about done.  Too bad, because I would have liked to see him get 3000 hits, though it was unlikely even if he remained healthy.  Anyway, George is all about now.  There is no future.      

Sponsored Post

#42 anagramking

anagramking

Chi-town Acumen

• Members *
  • 8215 posts
  • Interests:baseball, anagrams, golf, impersonations, rush, stocks

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:35 PM

Looks like Randy Johnson got a New York welcome yesterday.  If he can't handle that one cameraman on the street, I hate to see what happens this upcoming season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users