What type of movie do you like to watch

barney_rebel

I voted for Sci - Fi... gotta have loud song end. I hate watching comdies becuase people laugh, and you don't hear.

War movies - too many people puke in the seats (seriously).

Horror - people scream and it gets annoying.

Cartoons - too many brats.

Had to say "other" because it's not so much the TYPE of movie it is, as much as it's the cinematic scope of the film. Is this something that just HAS TO BE SEEN on the Big Screen? So action, sci-fi, fantasy, war,... whatever... Star Wars, LOTR, Saving Ryan, etc.... doesn't matter to me as much as the visuals do! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Edited by afansince74

Rarely do I even attend movies. I hate to be in a crowded room with strangers trying to watch something.

"Big Fish" was the last movie I went to see and that was nearly a year ago.

Sci-Fi, Action/Adventure and good old fashioned comedy

Examples;

Sci-fi: Alien series, Predator, Terminator....I can watch these over and over again.

Action: Die Hard series, Silence of the Lambs etc

Comedy: Four Weddings and a Funeral, Planes Trains and Automobiles (an absolute classic!) etc.

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 15 2004, 05:43 PM)
Had to say "other" because it's not so much the TYPE of movie it is, as much as it's the cinematic scope of the film. Is this something that just HAS TO BE SEEN on the Big Screen? So action, sci-fi, fantasy, war,... whatever... Star Wars, LOTR, Saving Ryan, etc.... doesn't matter to me as much as the visuals do! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I totally agree '74. It depends on the cinematic aspects. Comedies & dramas are ususally a wait for DVD as they aren't usually visually stunning. I have the whole home theatre setup so audio isn't an issue & with my 46" widescreen the visuals aren't too bad either.

Did I miss something or are there supposed to be voting buttons at the top. I am not seeing them.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 16 2004, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 15 2004, 05:43 PM)
Had to say "other" because it's not so much the TYPE of movie it is, as much as it's the cinematic scope of the film.  Is this something that just HAS TO BE SEEN on the Big Screen?  So action, sci-fi, fantasy, war,... whatever... Star Wars, LOTR, Saving Ryan, etc.... doesn't matter to me as much as the visuals do! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I totally agree '74. It depends on the cinematic aspects. Comedies & dramas are ususally a wait for DVD as they aren't usually visually stunning. I have the whole home theatre setup so audio isn't an issue & with my 46" widescreen the visuals aren't too bad either.

Did I miss something or are there supposed to be voting buttons at the top. I am not seeing them.

I don't see the buttons either.

I prefer to watch movies with lots of twists and turns at home, so I can pause them and think about what just happened.

smile.gif

It often depends greatly on my mood, but the movies I find myself watching over and over are historical action-adventures and war movies.