2007 - 09/17 - New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 18 2007, 02:25 PM)
Aww...forget about vacation! This could be (dare I say it)....the last Rush show at MSG! I certainly hope it isn't, but you never know...

angry.gif BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif

laugh.gif Just kiddin' man....but seriously! P'touy! P'touy! NO BAD JUJU!!!! z7shysterical.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe me...I didn't want to bring it up, but I wanted put things in perspective for Lauriej.

Hmmm....let's see....do I go on vacation? Hang out on the beach...sippin' Pina Coladas...jump into the nice cool water every so often...no worries...

-OR-

Go see the LAST RUSH SHOW AT MSG!!!

Cmon Lauriej...the beach will be there when you get home from the show!

Of course no one knows what the future holds, I always treat each appearance of my favorite bands as the last one. That way, I'll have no regrets....

I personally think Rush will be around for at least one more tour. They seem to be having too much fun to let it end any time soon...

I will have two tickets for the MSG show to sell - although since MusicToday hasn't shipped them yet, I don't have them in-hand..

Anyway, they are:

Number of tickets: 2, Seat Locations: Section 104, Row C, Seats (3, 4)

I paid $182.50 for them - and am only interested in recouping the costs.

Please let me know if you're interested.

QUOTE (april7901 @ Jul 18 2007, 07:06 PM)
I will have two tickets for the MSG show to sell - although since MusicToday hasn't shipped them yet, I don't have them in-hand..

Anyway, they are:

Number of tickets: 2,  Seat Locations: Section 104, Row C, Seats (3, 4)

I paid $182.50 for them - and am only interested in recouping the costs. 

Please let me know if you're interested.

I may know of some peeps that would be interested! Let me check into it and get back to you smile.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jul 18 2007, 10:02 PM)
We will take these!!! trink39.gif

Thanks!!!

LSM... wub.gif Thanks for fowarding this to us.

trink39.gif

See you in NY!!! cheer.gif common001.gif

WOO-HOO!!!! That's sooooooooooooo fargin' awesome!!!!! I'm so excited to be able to see you guys too!!!! This is gonna be amazing! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 12:58 PM)
OK...so who wants to pick a place to meet up??? Anybody have any preferences?

Mustang Sally's would be ideal (for me) as there's someone (outside of the Forum) that is hanging there before the show that I want to meet up with, and it's right down the street from MSG....

So this is what it's looking like right now for peeps to be meeting up:

LakesideMaiden & Der Trommler

Tortoise & Hare

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Paganoman & Owlswing

DonnaWanna

Necro & CeeJ

Spike (possibly)

Grace2Grace

Mrbarlint

PassTheAmmunition

Natch

(no april7901 sad.gif)

Can someone let me know if I missed anyone?? I'm trying to keep a running list of who's gonna be there smile.gif

A few colleagues from work and I will be headed uptown for the show (pub crawl style) and plan to land at either Mustang Sally's or Stout (as Natch pointed out). Never been to Stout, but the music / DVD selection sounds great for the preshow festivities.

As usual, I'll be wearing my S&A Depends.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/jkr77/depends.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 19 2007, 04:08 PM)
YEAH BABY!!!  This will be our 5th of the tour.  1022.gif 

Can not wait to meet you LSM.  bncegrn.gif

I can't wait to meet you guys too!!!! wub.gif

I fully expect big hugs from both of you...just no bruises from you, eh? unsure.gif

laugh.gif

This will be our 3rd show on the tour - and this is the most I've been able to see them in one tour!!! bncegrn.gif DerT has seen them like 5 or 6 shows on the VT tour, but not me! I had a control freak husband who bitched if I wanted to see 2 shows in one tour.....not anymore! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

OMG...I still can't believe this is actually happening! wub.gif Tortoise & Hare wub.gif ROCK for doing this for us!!!!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 19 2007, 04:20 PM)
A few colleagues from work and I will be headed uptown for the show (pub crawl style) and plan to land at either Mustang Sally's or Stout (as Natch pointed out). Never been to Stout, but the music / DVD selection sounds great for the preshow festivities.

As usual, I'll be wearing my S&A Depends.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/jkr77/depends.gif

LMFAO....where can i get me a pair of those? laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

That's kewl! Hopefully we'll run into you at Mustang Sally's (if that ends up being the agreed upon place) smile.gif

The great thing is that these places are close enough together that one can bar hop quite easily before the show.

I've never been to a meet-up before. What is the protocol? Do you all know each other's names?

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 07:04 PM)
The great thing is that these places are close enough together that one can bar hop quite easily before the show.

I've never been to a meet-up before. What is the protocol? Do you all know each other's names?

The protocol is that you must come wearing a disguise that incorporates a kimono and tangerine lip gloss, with a name tag.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 08:04 PM)

We usually wear masks and put on a nametag with our screennames on it. laugh.gif

Check out my sig. These are just SOME of the meetups I've been to since i've been on this board. Meetups are awesome. yes.gif

There is no set criteria for them. Some occur just to hang out at a bar together. Some to hang out at someone's house. Some to all go to a show by... hmmmm... let's see... ummmm... oh yeah... 2.gif

I'm thinking for this one, we should all meetup very early, as there is gonna be a shitload of us and just barhop. Then continue the barhopping AFTER the show as well. NYC doesn't close shop until 4am. yes.gif trink39.gif

Oh... as for real names... some do, some don't. It all depends on what's more comfortable. I have no problems with people calling me Necro or Ken. Hell... even my kids call me Necro now. laugh.gif

You guys r funny....

Well, my name is Kevin. I basically picked "Natch" by blindly flipping to a page in the dictionary and picking the first word I saw.

Well, I'm certainly planning on having a blast that night. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of you.

QUOTE (april7901 @ Jul 19 2007, 08:37 PM)
Well - you have my name on the list, but I will not be attending the show now.. hence selling my tickets. sad.gif

Yeah... how come you do dat anyway?

Not that I mind. Cuz now I am the proud recipient of said tix. But why are you bailing, if you don't mind me asking?

confused13.gif

Well. Partially personal/relationship issues with my travel companion (Actually - I was his. He is the diehard Rush fan.. I am the casual observer). Partially financial (plane tickets from Chicago.. ouch).

We're still friends - we're still going to the Red Rocks show in August... but decided against the MSG show.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 19 2007, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 07:04 PM)

The protocol is that you must come wearing a disguise that incorporates a kimono and tangerine lip gloss, with a name tag.

unsure.gif

laugh.gif

don't forget those adorable white patent leather platform boots, too wink.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 19 2007, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 19 2007, 08:04 PM)

We usually wear masks and put on a nametag with our screennames on it. laugh.gif

Check out my sig. These are just SOME of the meetups I've been to since i've been on this board. Meetups are awesome. yes.gif

There is no set criteria for them. Some occur just to hang out at a bar together. Some to hang out at someone's house. Some to all go to a show by... hmmmm... let's see... ummmm... oh yeah... 2.gif

I'm thinking for this one, we should all meetup very early, as there is gonna be a shitload of us and just barhop. Then continue the barhopping AFTER the show as well. NYC doesn't close shop until 4am. yes.gif trink39.gif

Oh... as for real names... some do, some don't. It all depends on what's more comfortable. I have no problems with people calling me Necro or Ken. Hell... even my kids call me Necro now. laugh.gif

Hmmmm...that does sound like a good plan, but it will depend on how much $$ we have to go with...also, we're gonna have to head back to the train shortly after the show is over to head back to New Haven. Dave has to work the next day at 12:00....I don't know if I will have to work yet, I don't have any work outside of an assignment I'm on til 8/3....

But meeting up early in the day sounds perfect. We should be there around 2:00 (Tortoise has to feed the chickens before we leave Dartmouth, so we'll be departing there around 10:00 (maybe sooner), which means we'll get to New Haven around 12:00 to arrive in NYC around 1:45 (ish)...

As for names, it doesn't bother me who knows mine. It's Kathy and my other half is Dave (Der Trommler). Although you'll find if you've been calling your TRF friends by their nicks for the past 2 years or so, you'll still be calling them by their nicks even if you're trying to call them by their real names LOL For example, Spike. I still call her Spike, even tho I know her real name LOL

QUOTE (april7901 @ Jul 19 2007, 09:39 PM)
Well. Partially personal/relationship issues with my travel companion (Actually - I was his. He is the diehard Rush fan.. I am the casual observer). Partially financial (plane tickets from Chicago.. ouch).

We're still friends - we're still going to the Red Rocks show in August... but decided against the MSG show.

Awww! I'm sorry! I thought you just had an extra pair of tickets to get rid of sad.gif Sad, now, that we won't be meeting you too!

Archived