A shoe store to open that is so big...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:33 AM

My eye caught this headline and a few women immediately came to mind.  biggrin.gif

Story

NY to get shoe store so big it has own ZIP code
Thu May 24, 12:22 PM ET

New York's famed Saks Fifth Avenue department store plans to open a shoe department so big it has been granted its own ZIP code, 10022-SHOE, the company said on Thursday.

Saks said it plans to nearly double the number of shoes for sale and take over the entire eighth floor of its flagship store in Manhattan. The expanded department will open in September under the name 10022-SHOE.

"10022-SHOE will also hold a place in U.S. history as the first floor to be granted its own designated ZIP code by the United States Post Office," Saks said in a statement.

The news may delight women with shoe obsessions to rival that of former Philippines first lady Imelda Marcos.

"Visitors to the new eighth floor will be greeted by a seemingly endless array of shoes," the statement said.

Sponsored Post

#2 ladirushfan80

ladirushfan80

Dawn's Early Light

• Members
  • 12338 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with friends and family. Spirituality. Music. Getting out in the world and trying to appreciate and make the most out of each and every day. Always a work in progress...

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (paganoman @ May 28 2007, 08:33 AM)
My eye caught this headline and a few women immediately came to mind.  biggrin.gif

Story

New York's famed Saks Fifth Avenue department store plans to open a shoe department so big it has been granted its own ZIP code, 10022-SHOE, the company said on Thursday.

Saks said it plans to nearly double the number of shoes for sale and take over the entire eighth floor of its flagship store in Manhattan. The expanded department will open in September under the name 10022-SHOE.

"10022-SHOE will also hold a place in U.S. history as the first floor to be granted its own designated ZIP code by the United States Post Office," Saks said in a statement.

The news may delight women with shoe obsessions to rival that of former Philippines first lady Imelda Marcos.

"Visitors to the new eighth floor will be greeted by a seemingly endless array of shoes," the statement said.

ohmy.gif

ok.
next trip to NYC this is where i'm going...
yes.gif

common001.gif  

#3 owlswing

owlswing

Pags' Better Half

• Members *
  • 5279 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, decorating our home, reading and most of all being with my family.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

Gotta love the man who gets the bond between a woman and her shoes wub.gif  

#4 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 28 2007, 06:26 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ May 28 2007, 08:33 AM)
My eye caught this headline and a few women immediately came to mind.  biggrin.gif

Story

ohmy.gif

ok.
next trip to NYC this is where i'm going...
yes.gif

common001.gif

ohmy.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  cheer.gif  common001.gif  653.gif  

#5 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Oh, wow...  wub.gif

I'll be there in July, and so now, my quest is clear.  yes.gif

#6 Slime

Slime

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3945 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

I never DID understand the whole shoe thing.... confused13.gif  

#7 Maddy

Maddy

The Professor

• Members
  • 3354 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

...and I'll bet there's not a single pair in that whole store that will fit me. Wide feet are such a pain in the butt...   rage.gif  

#8 Frankie7

Frankie7

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1423 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, sketching, poetry, working out

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Slime @ May 28 2007, 03:48 PM)
I never DID understand the whole shoe thing.... confused13.gif

I'm not into shoes either, and I'm a gurrrrl!  Am I normal? unsure.gif  

#9 sundog

sundog

Million Dollar Smile

• Members *
  • 11486 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

applaudit.gif  that is an amazing story, pags!  Thanks for sharing.  I look forward to the opportunity to shop there -  wub.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users