Here Again

rickyrob

Wow!

What a fantastic song. Rush playing the blues and at their very best. I just love songs like this, and because I'd never owned the album until recently, playing it often has made me realise how wonderful it is.

Alex's guitar weeps....big style.

If you haven't bothered with the first album recently or you never play this track, slot it in your CD player and play it LOUD! I fill up, its so emotional.

This would be brilliant played live, somewhere in the middle of a gig. Don't think they'll do it though.

It rocks 653.gif

I tend to like this song, although I don't have much to say about it. It's such a basic blues-rock tune with a simple beat. That can be a good thing

An early glimps of what was yet to come from these three unknown musicians! Certainly amoung a group of "least favorites" of a lot of fans out there, but I've always been partial to it myself. yes.gif Sowwing the seeds of diversity early on in their career. Thanks boys, for always choosing the path less traveled, and giving us something more than the ordinary! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Dec 11 2004, 01:23 PM)
Yep...A fantastic song, very bluesy cool10.gif
It's always and still is one of my all time fav RUSH songs
Certainly influenced by Mr J Page ...IMO cool.gif

The music at the beginning and end reminds me of Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, however Floyd recorded this 4 years later. The guitar work is so farging good it makes me cry (hm..nearly laugh.gif )...I just love this.

QUOTE (furie @ Dec 11 2004, 01:45 PM)
I'd love to see Rush return to their blues background sometime in the future.

OOOOHHHH! drool1.gif A Blues album. I never really thought about that?! That could be really good! Great idea!

Here Again - for many years my favourite off the debut until it got knocked to no 2 by Befoer and After.

What can I say - the emotion and feeling in the song is incredible. I don't think I've ever heard Geddy sing so passionately and Alex's guitar is phenomenal. More than anything it shows that, had things gone differently, Rush could still have had a shot at success as a blues/rock band.

As for it being played live, check out the Electric Ladyland '74 or Fifth Order of Angels boots - they've both got pretty good versions on them

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 11 2004, 02:13 PM)
Here Again - for many years my favourite off the debut until it got knocked to no 2 by Befoer and After.

Same for me. Since then Before And After has been knocked to #2 by Working Man. And given the mood I'm in anyone of those 3 could be my favorite at any given time. But Here Again is great and I love all their 7+ minute songs in fact.

I actually said this on a UK forum (which has now seemed to have died a death) and the replies I got were definitely...no way!

I disagree, I think that Feedback was a great idea and I think they should go back to their roots, even for one album! It shouldn't be too hard for the boys to write a few blues numbers now should it wink.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 13 2004, 05:13 AM)

Crossroads on Feedback was a good start! yes.gif

yes.gif ...but now they need to write some more of their own! cool.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Dec 13 2004, 10:02 AM)

I actually said this on a UK forum (which has now seemed to have died a death) and the replies I got were definitely...no way!

I disagree, I think that Feedback was a great idea and I think they should go back to their roots, even for one album! It shouldn't be too hard for the boys to write a few blues numbers now should it wink.gif

Was that Rushfan UK by any chance?

If it was, I remember there were some people on there who were very dismissive about Feedback before it was even released. I think the results were justified - it might not be a classic Rush album but its certainly an enjoyable listen once in a while.

The idea of of a Rush blues album is a good one as long as they don't go the Clapton/Gary Moore route. Personally, I think the forays those two have made into the blues have been a little flat and uninspired and rather snobbish as they turned their backs on the rock aspects of their careers.

Then again, I can't see Rush doing that.

QUOTE (nebbish @ Dec 13 2004, 05:02 AM)

They did say they had a lot more songs they wanted to do on Feedback, but ran out of time. Maybe a follow-up with the rest of what they wanted to do.... and call it "Reverb" or something. Then they'd become a set.... Feedback and Reverb biggrin.gif

It's been one of my favorites for many years now. I agree, the solo is one of Alex's best. I recently acquired the Rush Hour boot (12/5/74) that had this song on it. I wasn't terribly impressed with the arrangement. It seemed a bit disjointed to me. The solo still kicked ass though.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 4 2006, 09:36 PM)
It is different. I like it a lot.

You wonderful newbies have pulled up and bumped some incredible threads started by some awesome oldbies. I get verklempt. *snif* smile.gif Way to work the "Search" option. (we old folk don't. it's good someone does. wink.gif )

*snif* I miss RockyRib. sad.gif

Yeah, n00bs RULE!!!

I'm a newbie, by the way...

Here Again is an awesome song; it makes your heartrate slow down after the songs preceding it. The only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes Geddy is a bit incoherent to an untrained, "Geddyfied" ear. He's an acquired taste, and he makes your breath minty fresh, too!

I love Here Again

I like to sing along w/ it in my car tongue.gif

I think it is a beautiful song of growth like most blues songs and many Rush songs as well. No matter how bad things are in any relationship it's all part of a growth process. In the end it is always a positive thing. That's the way it makes me feel. It's like a truth.

I can see why when Pearty came along it all made sense! 2.gif

Archived