Help in testing the new server

RushRevisited

Hey all!

I have a "cold run' server set up with this board duplicated, all SQL installed, and everything SEEMS to work well (which means for us, a dedicated server come beginning of the year, which in turn means MUCH faster board and a lot more control over the code, etc)...

So, here is where youy all come in...

I need people (hopefully 10) to help me tonight in trying to load up the server with constant posting, large postings of even just "dfjsdfkjhsjkfhsjkdhfjkshfjfsdh" over and over on this "clone board" to see where the memory and CPU usage peaks out when people are posting. So tonight, I am setting 10pm EST to 10:45pm EST as a window for all to help me test this if available - I will start up this clone server and have it ready for testing at 10pm. I will give the web address in the chat room at 10pm, so if anyone can join and help post that would be great. I will explain more tonight in chat at 10pm, as far as what feedback I am looking for. Thanks all who can help! And for those who can't help upyours.gif hahah just kidding... If you can't help that is cool too!

I'll try to be there.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 10 2004, 01:49 PM)
Well if you really want to test the server, the members of the ESL could probably handle it. Only it might be able to get a little nuts in there with us around...

What is ESL? I have been out of the loop here the past few days

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 10 2004, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 10 2004, 01:49 PM)
I should be down, if not join in late.

I may request some "special assistance" from you anyway Barney...

Oh my RR... never knew you cared... tongue.gif wub.gif

LOL I should be around.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 10 2004, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 10 2004, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 10 2004, 01:49 PM)
I should be down, if not join in late.

I may request some "special assistance" from you anyway Barney...

Oh my RR... never knew you cared... tongue.gif wub.gif

LOL I should be around.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 10 2004, 01:49 PM)
Well if you really want to test the server, the members of the ESL could probably handle it. Only it might be able to get a little nuts in there with us around...

MWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! firedevil.gif

unsure.gif Sorry, its my alter ego... very egotisical... I will try to be there. biggrin.gif

im up for it smile.gif hubbeh should still be at his hockey game at that point and i should be all done with my burning by then!

I'm at work and can't load chat so I probably can't be there sad.gif Ya'll have fun and keep it crazy.

Does anyone know why chat won't load at my work? I work in a hospital, Java is installed as far as I can tell. It gets me to the chat log-in screen (the one that pops up for a second before chatroom is loaded) and nothing happens after that.

Archived