Most Underrated Lifeson Solo

faithplusone01

Nobody mentions Red Barchetta or The Big Money! They are both simple solos but they fit the songs really well and have a ton of melody in them.

Especially enjoy the harmonics in "The Big Money". I looked up a tab for it and found that it is tuned a full step up! No wonder the harmonics are so badass eh? Nobody thinks of going up, just down nowdays. Shows you how good Alex really is eh?

I love the solos in "Freewill" and "Limelight," but those already get a lot of attention.

I agree with you that the solo in "Big Money" is great, thanks mostly to all those harmonics.

"Afterimage" and "Kid Gloves" are good. But my favorite Lifeson solo of all time is... "No One at the Bridge." It's not the most technically challenging solo to play, but it's the most emotive of all Lifeson solos... so passionate, so full of feeling! It's great.

AFTERIMAGE solo just rips me to pieces every time. One of my very favorites and certainly very underrated.

Alex really flexes his skills in that one - the fact he is a combo lead/rhythm guitarist for the band. I'm pretty sure that solo has some CHORDS in it that most rhythm guitarists didn't even know existed.

Nobody ever mentions the solo in "Digital Man". I think it's awesome.

Perhaps not the most technically sophiscated, but still great .

Edited by BruceMcc

Digital Man and The Weapon, for sure. Actually, the first thing I thought of was that all of his solos are underrated. He is such an underrated guitarist in general.

"The Pass." Very simple, yet so very elegant and moving. yes.gif