Will The Real Rush Fan "PLEASE STAND UP!"

RUSHHEAD666

Do You Stand Up, Sit Down, or Do Both At A Rush Concert?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Stand Up, Sit Down, or Do Both At A Rush Concert?

• I sit on my ass during a Rush Concert
    • I stand for the whole show at A Rush Concert
    • I get tired or bored during the drum solo so sit down sometimes and stand when I feel like it

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 13 2007, 04:41 PM)
The question is a simple one really.

I have NEVER sat down for a Rush concert in my life.

What's the fokking point really?

RUSH RULES!

smile.gif Well I sure as hell won't be sitting down at my RUSH shows no.gif no.gif no.gif way, well not if I can help ot anyway 2.gif smile.gif

If I had a choice, I would rather sit. I can take more in while I'm sitting. Plus I'm only 5'4", and standing while everyone is standing creates a disadvantage for me.

So all you tall shits out there, sit the f down!!

QUOTE (Rush Man @ May 13 2007, 03:33 AM)
But some people might be in a wheelchair.So they will have to sit.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I don't think being confined to a wheelchair is funny no.gif

Good thread. Back in '02, I went all the way from Australia to see Rush in their home city, I thought there's no way on earth I'm gunna sit down for this. As soon as Tom Sawyer kicked in, I jumped to my feet in enthusiasm, and was instantly shouted down by about 10 angry voices behind me. I turned around to see hundreds of lame-arse fans sitting on their lazy butts! Pissed off....

So I went and stood in the aisle.

I will be standing.

On the R30 tour my section was all on their feet as me and my mate just stood up and everyone else had to biggrin.gif .

I might be getting older but I ain't confined to my armchair yet.

Oh dudes - it would take a SWAT team and a half gallon of elephant tranquilizers to bring me down at a Rush concert. Standing (if not jumping) all the way.

I wonder if some of the whiners form the "do you toke at a show" thread are going to come over here and say something like "I pay $100 for my Rush tickets and if some inconsiderate jerk stands up in front of me I am calling over security right away! Blah blah blah! One time I brought my sick grandma to a Rush show and these horrible people in front of us were standing and one of them bumped into granny! Plus one of them had a BEER in their hand! Blah blah blah! Standing at concerts can cause significant psychological damage and also funnels money to terrorists blah blah blah! Laughter should be against the law! Blah blah blah!"

laugh.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2007, 09:32 AM)

rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Neither do I.

Rush Man, for your information my wife is disabled, and has to use a wheelchair to travel any appreciable distance. Normally she would sit in the disabled section, but unknown to me, because I really wanted to go, she got tickets for both of us in what you would call the pit.

She will probably be able to stand for short periods, but even sitting in a normal seat for a while hurts her, and she will pay dearly for this concert for the next few days afterwards.

I know that this is technically her fault, and we will certainly not be expecting anyone to sit down in front of us, but I would sincerely hope that others would display manners towards her and refrain from drunkenly jumping up and down in her personal space. Apart from it being really bad form, I will be severely hacked off (and at 6'4" tall and approx 250lbs I'm a better friend than an enemy!).

In short, just think for a minute before you make statements like that. I sincerely hope that you have the good fortune to continue to enjoy the full use of all four limbs, unlike others......

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 13 2007, 08:57 AM)

Neither do I.

Rush Man, for your information my wife is disabled, and has to use a wheelchair to travel any appreciable distance. Normally she would sit in the disabled section, but unknown to me, because I really wanted to go, she got tickets for both of us in what you would call the pit.

She will probably be able to stand for short periods, but even sitting in a normal seat for a while hurts her, and she will pay dearly for this concert for the next few days afterwards.

I know that this is technically her fault, and we will certainly not be expecting anyone to sit down in front of us, but I would sincerely hope that others would display manners towards her and refrain from drunkenly jumping up and down in her personal space. Apart from it being really bad form, I will be severely hacked off (and at 6'4" tall and approx 250lbs I'm a better friend than an enemy!).

In short, just think for a minute before you make statements like that. I sincerely hope that you have the good fortune to continue to enjoy the full use of all four limbs, unlike others......

Thank you for saying that, Fridge.

Rush Man, there's no need for that kind of statement here. No, I'm not being your "mum," I'm telling you that basic standards of human decency are subscribed to here.

Thanks.

As for me, I will stand as long as it doesn't inconvenience someone behind me in a real way.

Fridge - hope you and the missus really enjoy the show.

I know from past experiences that people are generally very respectful of smaller people, kids, disabled people etc on the floor or in the pit - and I've been to some craaaaaaazy metal shows too. I'm sure you two will have a great time.

I also don't think Rush Man was trying to be malicious - just picked a pretty stupid subject to try to make a joke of.

trink39.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 13 2007, 03:14 PM)
Fridge - hope you and the missus really enjoy the show.

I know from past experiences that people are generally very respectful of smaller people, kids, disabled people etc on the floor or in the pit - and I've been to some craaaaaaazy metal shows too. I'm sure you two will have a great time.

I also don't think Rush Man was trying to be malicious - just picked a pretty stupid subject to try to make a joke of.

trink39.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

Cheers mate trink39.gif

I also don't think he was being malicious, just thoughtless.

I bear him no grudge, but felt I had to point it out.

QUOTE (Fridge @ May 13 2007, 08:57 AM)

Neither do I.

At this show Im sure youll be fine. Cheers to both of you. I'd hold her chair on my shoulder if I were there next to you. smile.gif

Theres a very touching part of Neil's book Roadshow where he talks about people in wheelchairs (at Red Rocks I think) who, during Roll The Bones, when Geddy sings, "Why are we here, because we're here" were smiling, cheering, and pointing at their wheelchairs. Part of the book I'll never forget. You read in that book how much Neil can see from the stage, and thi she saw very clearly.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 13 2007, 03:54 PM)
Cheers to both of you. I'd hold her chair on my shoulder if I were there next to you. smile.gif

trink39.gif

Why thank you, that was a very nice thing to say.

I think she will probably manage this with her walking stick and be able to sit in the ordinary chair.

We will try and get in a bit early. (I have some friends who might be able to swing this) so that we can get her electric wheelchair stashed safely.

We managed this on the R30 tour and it was fine, so this should hopefully be ok too.

QUOTE (Rush Man @ May 13 2007, 04:27 PM)
Sorry for the poor taste in joke,many appolagese

No problem, I know you didn't actually mean any harm by it

trink39.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 13 2007, 04:32 AM)
If I had a choice, I would rather sit. I can take more in while I'm sitting. Plus I'm only 5'4", and standing while everyone is standing creates a disadvantage for me.

So all you tall shits out there, sit the f down!!

Hope you don't get behind me. I'm 6'5" and I headbang, so my long hair usually hits the people around me. OH WELL. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 13 2007, 01:07 PM)
So all you tall shits out there, sit the f down!! [/quote]
Hope you don't get behind me. I'm 6'5" and I headbang, so my long hair usually hits the people around me. OH WELL. tongue.gif

Necro....

Fridge...

I hope we're in the same pit guys - you both would be a formidable challenge vouching for the front of the stage!

I'm pretty big myself. You guys may be bulkier perhaps but I got at least an inch or two on yas.

Leverage!

trink39.gif

i always stand. i had 3rd row on the presto tour and stood the whole time trink38.gif 2.gif

Archived