When do you spark?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. When do you spark?

• Before the Show
    • During the Show
    • After the Show
    • The Whole Night
    • Smokin' bud is bad

I don't smoke that sh*t at all anyways...and find it highly annoying when people around me do at concerts. I hate the smell of it, it makes me naseous. 062802puke_prv.gif

And the drunks are just as worse. On the VT tour in Rochester, I had about three guys in the row next to me completely blitzed and the whole night they kept bumping into me because they couldn't control themselves. So thanks to their drunken behavior, I had to pay more attention to THEM to make sure they weren't going to spill beer all over me than the show itself. I could care less if they missed out on a Rush show, but having them ruin it for other people (those around me too seemed annoyed as well) is just rude and uncalled for, and if it happens this tour, you better believe I'm going to get someone over to my section and take care of it. I don't pay $100+ for a concert to babysit those acting like a Rush show is a frat party!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (21st3ffon12 @ May 12 2007, 05:46 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2007, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 11 2007, 09:26 PM)
None of you work at companies that do random drug screenings?

Fortunately I live in Canada so we don't endure that kind of bullshit

How exactly is it bullshit? MOST drug heads and drunks are not dependable. Would you want them working for you?

It's bullshit because it infringes on people's privacy. I do believe drug testing is neccessary for people who work with machinery and driving trucks, etc. but for sitting behind a desk or other work? Come on. sarcasm.gif

What people do on their own personal time outside of work is not an employer's business. If employees get wasted at work or show up wasted, they should deal with that person; not treat every single employee as a criminal.

Just because someone has a good time on the weekend doesn't mean they will be intoxicated at work on Monday morning. wacko.gif

QUOTE (21st3ffon12 @ May 12 2007, 03:46 AM)

How exactly is it bullshit? MOST drug heads and drunks are not dependable. Would you want them working for you?

Cripes man!

Probably 50% of the civil service in Canada are potheads or former potheads............oh sheet!....wait a sec........

Huh, people still get all bent out of shape about drugs at rock concerts eh?! That's amusing (<----now I shall await some sanctimonious ranting)

I was sober for my first Rush shows, on acid for the third and fourth, and mildly drunk for the past two. And, believe it or not, I can remember all of them quite well. I'm sure I'll be some combination of drunk and cool10.gif for some of the shows I'm going to this year. Don't be giving me the stink eye!!

trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2007, 10:57 PM)

I don't know if it's Montreal or Quebec, but one of them is becoming the next Amsterdam.

I'm moving to Canada, they rock!!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 12 2007, 07:53 AM)
I don't smoke that sh*t at all anyways...and find it highly annoying when people around me do at concerts. I hate the smell of it, it makes me naseous. 062802puke_prv.gif

And the drunks are just as worse. On the VT tour in Rochester, I had about three guys in the row next to me completely blitzed and the whole night they kept bumping into me because they couldn't control themselves. So thanks to their drunken behavior, I had to pay more attention to THEM to make sure they weren't going to spill beer all over me than the show itself. I could care less if they missed out on a Rush show, but having them ruin it for other people (those around me too seemed annoyed as well) is just rude and uncalled for, and if it happens this tour, you better believe I'm going to get someone over to my section and take care of it. I don't pay $100+ for a concert to babysit those acting like a Rush show is a frat party!

You must be a chic.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 12 2007, 09:28 AM)
What? I don't know if it's Montreal or Quebec, but one of them is becoming the next Amsterdam.

Me meant that up here in the Great White North we don't have to put up with drugs screenings and that kind of crap - unless you are a pilot or work for some security sectors of the government.

If it wasn't for so much pressure from the USA we probably would have decriminalized it by now. Instead its sort of in limbo indefinitely.

Anyways if someone is a useless employee or not fit to do their job they should be fired - whether or not someone sokes dope or enjoys a drink or is an anarchist or something should have nothing to do with it. Hell I even support corporations willing to hire RUSH FANS.

P.S. I was reading a bit of Visions Rush Bio today and the boys mention quite a bit about smoking the herb - at least back in the old days.

icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 12 2007, 09:34 AM)
P.S. I was reading a bit of Visions Rush Bio today and the boys mention quite a bit about smoking the herb - at least back in the old days.

Hell cool10.gif yeah. They probably still toke. Once you're a head you're always a head.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 12 2007, 07:28 AM)

I don't know if it's Montreal or Quebec, but one of them is becoming the next Amsterdam.

Both are fine cities. Right now however, Vancouver is the Amsterdam of North America. It's even acquired the moniker of "Vansterdam".

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 12 2007, 08:13 AM)

It's bullshit because it infringes on people's privacy. I do believe drug testing is neccessary for people who work with machinery and driving trucks, etc. but for sitting behind a desk or other work? Come on. sarcasm.gif

What people do on their own personal time outside of work is not an employer's business. If employees get wasted at work or show up wasted, they should deal with that person; not treat every single employee as a criminal.

Just because someone has a good time on the weekend doesn't mean they will be intoxicated at work on Monday morning. wacko.gif

I guess I took it for granted that is was similar in Canada. It is difficult to even get hired here without taking a drug test. I work for a company with many different locations so the way they handle drug tests is they will just send a van to the location. They come in and write down everyone's name that is in the building and noone is allowed to leave without taking the drug test. Failure to comply results in termination since you couldn't get hired without signing a document that says you agree to the screening.

I'll be w/ my 16 y/o son anyway, so no.gif it won't happen.

The show I am seeing is in June, in VA. That means heat and humidity. I find that weed often produces more of a headache than a buzz under those circumstances.

Enjoy if you want, have a great time. Just don't interfere w/ my good time, and every thing will be OK.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 13 2007, 10:13 AM)

I guess I took it for granted that is was similar in Canada. It is difficult to even get hired here without taking a drug test. I work for a company with many different locations so the way they handle drug tests is they will just send a van to the location. They come in and write down everyone's name that is in the building and noone is allowed to leave without taking the drug test. Failure to comply results in termination since you couldn't get hired without signing a document that says you agree to the screening.

I rarely smoke these days. But I would without even a thought if someone offered. To think that I'd be fired Monday morning due to some random test just because I toked the night previous is absurd.

I never met someone blazing at a show that bothered me. However, drunks are a completely different animal. To lump them together is wrong.

If I smoke at the Rush gig I'm going to then, GREAT. If not, then no big deal.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 12 2007, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 13 2007, 10:13 AM)

I rarely smoke these days. But I would without even a thought if someone offered. To think that I'd be fired Monday morning due to some random test just because I toked the night previous is absurd.

I never met someone blazing at a show that bothered me. However, drunks are a completely different animal. To lump them together is wrong.

If I smoke at the Rush gig I'm going to then, GREAT. If not, then no big deal.

But your name is JohnnyBlaze?? cool10.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 11 2007, 10:57 PM)

laugh.gif American = owned

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 12 2007, 06:13 PM)

May I ask, do you have random and ongoing tests while you're working without knowing if you're going to be tested that day?

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 12 2007, 06:53 AM)

Amen, brother! 1022.gif

QUOTE (21st3ffon12 @ May 13 2007, 03:17 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 12 2007, 06:53 AM)
I don't smoke that sh*t at all anyways...and find it highly annoying when people around me do at concerts.  I hate the smell of it, it makes me naseous.    062802puke_prv.gif

And the drunks are just as worse.  On the VT tour in Rochester, I had about three guys in the row next to me completely blitzed and the whole night they kept bumping into me because they couldn't control themselves.  So thanks to their drunken behavior, I had to pay more attention to THEM to make sure they weren't going to spill beer all over me than the show itself.  I could care less if they missed out on a Rush show, but having them ruin it for other people (those around me too seemed annoyed as well) is just rude and uncalled for, and if it happens this tour, you better believe I'm going to get someone over to my section and take care of it.  I don't pay $100+ for a concert to babysit those acting like a Rush show is a frat party!

Amen, brother! 1022.gif

No brother...I think it was a woman who wrote that.

Some people watch too many movies and make too many generalizations eyesre4.gif

Maybe if they legalize it then they could stop the organized criminals from abusing it for profits.....oh wait that means the government will start doing that.

Some people have seen the dark side of the life maybe too close because they have worked to help people who have been in serious mental illnesses caused by drugs. Some people lives the real life and it`s not entertainment and having fun/getting high all the time.

you are obviously referring to addictive drugs like heroin, meth and cocaine. Sorry but pot dosen't belong in that group. You cannot get physically addicted to pot like the above drugs and no one has ever died from it. It's been proven that is impossible to overdose on pot. Yet thousands die every year from legal shit like booze and cigarettes every year.

Why is it such a crime if people rather indulge in smoking a little weed rather than having several beers or glasses of wine? Why does booze and cigarettes get a free pass yet health costs soar and people die when they are abused? Violent crime results from alcohol abuse WAY more than pot ever does. (I can't recall anyone fighting while strictly on pot but every weekend I see many scraps between intoxicated people at work)

I've been smoking weed in moderation for 20 years. Zero health problems. Full time job. No criminal record. Never bothered anyone. A roof over my head, bills paid..you get the picture. There are millions like me.

Anyways this is not the place to debate this...This is for the politics section. I'm just getting tired of being labelled a criminal when I have never hurt anyone and just wish to indulge in smoking weed rather than drink alcohol. I thought we live in a free society but of course that's a joke when it seems ok to bash a certain culture not accepted by the so-called goody two-shoes who must look down on others to make themselves feel superior.

Archived