New appreciation for Feedback

Afterglow

Since seeing the boys at Radio City, I've been giving Feedback another chance in my rotation. What a great EP!

It's worth mentioning that I'm finding new elements to the songs after listening to them through headphones (yeah, my iPod). Specifically, the bass lines in Crossroads really rip! Geddy really rocks on that song!

The Seeker is still my fave...Mr. Soul next and Crossroads...

The whole thing is pretty darn excellent. smile.gif

i'm one of the coverts also...

my B.I.L. is into 60's music n such....so i burned a copy for him for his b-day...(which was 7/28)

i JUST recieved and email from him today thanking me for the cd and telling me how much he loves it....

freak...

i can't believe he is just now listening to it after having given it to him a month ago......

anyway... the feedback album rocks.....i love it!

If they tour again I hope they only play 1 or 2 covers at the most. Maybe one in each set so I can go take a piss and not miss any real rush songs.

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 31 2004, 06:21 PM)
If they tour again I hope they only play 1 or 2 covers at the most. Maybe one in each set so I can go take a piss and not miss any real rush songs.

I liked the covers (to my surprise) but I agree with Indy. 2 would be plenty for my taste.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 1 2004, 06:28 AM)
whether it's covers or not it's still 2.gif !!! Crossroads live was AWESOME!! and the accoustic performance of Heartful of Soul was a very nice touch...remember these were songs that got Rush into music and influenced them into making their own great music! musik19.gif musik19.gif NP.gif

I'm looking forwards to the covers on Saturday week. At the outset, four covers is 16 minutes - That's not much of a trade-off in a three hour plus show if that's how the guys get their kicks.

I'd happily trade them for a certain track on MP though!!!!!!.

I like their version of Mr. Soul much better than Neil Young's version, which is good too.

Did anybody notice that in Alex's "break" of Summertime Blues that he plays the rhytm guitar part to My Generation? Also how did they come up with that intro? I remember hearing it on the radio for the first time unannounced and just knowing from that intro that, "this has to be Rush"!

The thing about this record is how Rush somehow manage to turn songs like Summertime Blues, a song I've heard thousands of times by oher artists, virtually a tradional song, into Rush songs. I think you have to credit Alex Lifeson, he transforms the Summertime Blues riff into a Lifeson riff...

Very good album. It gets a lot of flak for not being an original Rush album, but I like it. Would I have preferred a CD of all new material? Sure, but I'll take whatever Rush I can get... and it was a good excuse to tour again.

"The Seeker" is easily my favorite on the CD, but I like just about all of them.

If the guys want to keep a couple of cover tunes in the setlist for their own gratification, more power to them. I'll take two cover songs over "Red Sector A," "Roll the Bones," and a track from the first album.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 22 2006, 05:48 AM)
Very good album. It gets a lot of flak for not being an original Rush album, but I like it. Would I have preferred a CD of all new material? Sure, but I'll take whatever Rush I can get... and it was a good excuse to tour again.

"The Seeker" is easily my favorite on the CD, but I like just about all of them.

If the guys want to keep a couple of cover tunes in the setlist for their own gratification, more power to them. I'll take two cover songs over "Red Sector A," "Roll the Bones," and a track from the first album.

Yep The Seeker is my favourite off Feedback as well...

I'm no fan of Red Sector A but you have to admit that they did a great version of Between the Wheels last time from that album...

Archived