Test for echo tour

Indica

I just d/l a boot from the test for echo tour in Houston and I forgot how awesome that setlist was. They played Driven and half the world which was cool, I think this may be one of the best tours and setlists that Rush ever had. I will be listening to this boot a lot. The sound is so sweet on it too, whoever recorded it gets my vote. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 9 2004, 05:19 PM)
I just d/l a boot from the test for echo tour in Houston and I forgot how awesome that setlist was. They played Driven and half the world which was cool, I think this may be one of the best tours and setlists that Rush ever had. I will be listening to this boot a lot. The sound is so sweet on it too, whoever recorded it gets my vote. 1022.gif

I have that same boot. Its definently among my favorite boots. The sound is great, and the setlist is perfect. Virtuality is probably my favorite T4E song off of the boot.

The T4E tour was my 'reintroduction' to 2.gif after a few dark years when I fell off the music-listening horse (...stupid career mad.gif ). Anyway, it was an unbelievable way to get back into Rush, and I have several great boots from this tour, including the Toronto show that I attanded. Great memories 1022.gif

I my self saw that tour, I believe it was there first tour they played with out an openneing band biggrin.gif ....3 hours or as GeddyFinal.gif said " We have 45 songs to torure you with".....Anyone remember they were fooling around with some kind of Godzilla thing?...Correct me if i"m wrong?..

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 9 2004, 07:45 PM)
The T4E tour was my 'reintroduction' to 2.gif after a few dark years when I fell off the music-listening horse (...stupid career mad.gif ). Anyway, it was an unbelievable way to get back into Rush, and I have several great boots from this tour, including the Toronto show that I attanded. Great memories 1022.gif

Remember which show you were at? First or second show. I think I was at the first one. Some of my friends went to both.

I saw Rush for the first time on this tour...Atlanta, at The Omni. I wasn't a huge fan then (shame on me!) but I still enjoyed the show tremendously. I couldn't believe three guys could make all that music.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 9 2004, 05:19 PM)

Indy, I have that boot, too! Definitely one of the best! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 10 2004, 12:39 PM)
I hate to keep repeating myself but I didn't see them on this tour because (alltogether now) THEY DIDN'T TOUR EUROPE mad.gif fists crying.gif

I feel exactly the same - I get depressed when I listen to all the Boots of the tours I couldn't get to.

fists crying.gif

I saw Rush on the second leg of the TFE tour in 1997 at Great Woods a/k/a Tweeter Center. This show holds special to me and I still have the T-shirt and program from show and the program was updated to include the Retrospectives I and II in discography.

Intro (seeing the band walk onstage to Thus Spoke Zarathustra in daylight was cool)

Dreamline

Limelight

Stick it Out

Driven

Half the World

Red Barchetta

Animate

Limbo

The Trees

Virtuality

Nobody's Hero(the circus or waltz intro to this was hysterical)

Closer to the Heart(was cool seeing Neil playing acoustic drums on this track again for the first time since the Signals tour in 1983 as I detested the versions with electronic drums pretty much)

2112 (complete and was recorded for Different Stages and I almost s**t when I heard Discovery and Oracle in the piece for the first time)

(-Intermission-)

Test For Echo

Freewill

Red Sector A

Roll the Bones

Resist

Leave That Thing Alone!(recorded for Different Stages)

The Rhythm Method (Drum Solo was amazing)

Natural Science

Force Ten

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer(with MP cartoon before song and the dinosaur puppets singing and dancing along to the song on Alex's amps were hysterical)

Encore: YYZ with Cygnus X-1 (teaser) before YYZ ended

sad.gif I didn't see T4E because the boys didn't get to visit Australia.

i agree with indica test for echo tour was a great show, saw it twice in phoenix, one of my fav setilist too. presto had a great setilist also time stand still and force ten was on. yeah

Archived