Good News First

Earthshine

I am sorry. Very sorry. I have been listening to Rush for over 30 years and have seen them 16 times in concert and will go again this tour if I can get a ticket. I don't think there are any "bad" Rush songs. Snakes & Arrows is growing on me day by day

(The album that is, not the snakes, arrows or anything else! rofl3.gif ) and I will probably end up liking it more than I do now.

But if there is such a thing as a bad Rush song, it has to be Good News First!

What were they thinking????? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, you're forgetting a few other contenders: Tai Shan, High Water, Face Up, You Bet Your Life, Speed of Love, Virtuality, Dog Years. sad.gif

I dunno, for me the chorus wub.gif , bridge, and solo sections of Good News more than make up for the ( strange cool10.gif ) verses.

I think this is probably the weakest song on the album, but I don't even think it's a BAD song, much less the WORST Rush song EVER.

Gotta go with "Tai Shan." I don't even remember it (sold HYF years ago) but I remember hating the crap out of it.

Oh I don't think it's the worst Rush song ever. Actually I don't mind it.

smile.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ May 3 2007, 11:49 PM)
Sorry, you're forgetting a few other contenders: Tai Shan, High Water, Face Up, You Bet Your Life, Speed of Love, Virtuality, Dog Years. sad.gif

I like all those songs you mentioned! rofl3.gif That's cool! trink39.gif

QUOTE (maxdistortion @ May 4 2007, 02:21 AM)
yeah rivendell was pretty bad...

No it was not! no.gif

I would rate a lot of other Rush song as weaker than Good News First. It is maybe the weakest song on the album.

I rate S&A very high, maybe the best since HYF and I think that Rush havent released such an solid album since MP. It is not a weak track on S&A.

ill admit i skip good news first everytime i listen to S&A

i hate the part where he says.."Lets have the good news instead" it totally does not flow with the music..sounds like he just stuck it in there last minute..ahh i hate that part.

The only song that I skip on this CD is faithless. I actually like Good News First. It has grown on my.

Omg you people are insane! ohmy.gif

Good news first is a fantastic song (yeah I'm taking back everything I said about this album earlier).

Archived