Pixey is in the hospital!

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update

The Dr.s now say that she may be on the ventilator and in ICU for a week before she is moved to a regular room, she has only improved slightly and will probably not regain coherent consciousness for a couple of days. Thanks again for all the concern, even though she's asleep I talked to her all night and told about the well wishers. I told her that you started this thread JA and I think that her eyes fluttered, I appreciate it Jack.

Our prayers are with you Pixey! RF, don't forget to take care of yourself through all of this. We're praying for you and all you family and friends too. PM me if I can help you out in any way... it's just an hour and a half! Let me know yes.gif

Freakster! I hope U have her walkman or a cd player in there for her and cranking her fav rush tunes to perk her up a bit.

And U better be takin care of urself too MR! im sure the nights are long as hell without her there for U. Stay Strong Bro she'll be home in no time shouttin out her honeydo list to ya. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushfreak @ Dec 8 2004, 11:16 PM)
Update

The Dr.s now say that she may be on the ventilator and in ICU for a week before she is moved to a regular room, she has only improved slightly and will probably not regain coherent consciousness for a couple of days. Thanks again for all the concern, even though she's asleep I talked to her all night and told about the well wishers. I told her that you started this thread JA and I think that her eyes fluttered, I appreciate it Jack.

You are so very welcome. I don't really have the words to express how what you posted made me feel. 'Humbled' is pretty close.

Hey Rush Freak... i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.......

when my ex husband was in ICU, we would play his favorite music to him...and they even let us tape pictures of the family up on the walls...the nurses liked seeing the numerous family members (it then becomes more than just a patient...) and whenever B2 would gain consiousness...he had those pictures to look at, and his favorite music to listen too... we read to him every day... and honestly...that helped him....tons....

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 9 2004, 08:30 PM)
Pixey ... RF ... you are both in my prayers ...

RF ... kudos to you for your dedication and love you are showing!!!!

Lee

If Es doesnt mind I second that

way to go RF

RF, Lee is right, but if I might offer a bit of advice. Three years ago, my wife Pauline collapsed while we were on holiday in Clare and ended up in theatre where things got very heavy for a while. It turned out to be related to an ectopic pregnancy which was only revealed in biopsy reports a few weeks later.

I was left in a holiday apartment with two kids (7 and 8), in and out of the hospital ringing friends and family, coordinating everything and holding the whole kit and kiboodle together, which I did. AT THE TIME.

Five weeks later, she was fine, recovering well, everything in the garden was rosy. That was when I flipped. Maybe it was delayed reaction, post traumatic stress, or maybe it was that once all the danger was passed, my brain allowed itself fully understand what might have happened. Either way, I just went to bits for about a month, and needed prozac to get me out of it.

Like everyone, I'm praying for Pixey, but I'm also sending out big ones for you mate. Look after yourself, and find a friend or whoever to dump on. Big time. Don't bottle stuff up. Being brave and doing the right thing is all very well, but sometimes the right thing is shouting F**K YOU at the world.

Peace.

QUOTE (rushfreak @ Dec 10 2004, 12:18 AM)
Pixey is still in the same condition as last night. I was with her all day and read the new issue of Glamour to her. Thanks so much for all the concern that everyone has shown.

Glamour, huh?? You are a dedicated husband!!!!! Maybe Travelling Music would be cheerful for both of you...

Take care of yourself, RF...I was in the hospital for a week with a sick newborn once, and it's important to remember do the little things.. like take showers and walks...eat...breathe....

Get well, Pixey!!!

yes.gif

RF: I am thnking about you & Pixey. It is awesome that you are so dedicated to her. Madra made a good point, you won't be able to help Pixey if you don't pay some attention to yourself too. Make sure you are taking care of yourself a little bit too. It's like the speech you get on an airplane, put on your oxygen mask before helping your kids. You have to be together to help the other person. I am thinking & praying for your kids as well. I hope they are doing ok too.

Awsume news freaky! 1022.gif

keepin her in my thoughts an prayers , maybe get her home for xmas! or at least new years huh confused13.gif

Archived