Scuze me while I whip this out

Sodoff Baldrick

A question for all you Rush mothers and guys married to Rush mothers (first some backstory):

Today I did something I swore I would never, ever do, I nursed in public. I met hubby for lunch and we had the baby, and I had forgotten the bottle. What else to do? Luckily there was a jacket in the car I could use to cover myself.

I had never felt so self-conscious in my life, but at least I got the job done and she stayed quiet.

Anybody here done this before? Does it make you uncomfortable as I was, did you catch any grief for it? We were in a corner away from others, but I'm thinking if I have to do this again I don't know if we'll be as inconspicuous. It's kind of unsettling.

I did it all the time, and had no qualms at all. I was very discreet, and still got plenty of looks. Some people are too uptight about this...it's completely natural, and as long as you're careful, no one should have a problem with it.

You go, girl! smile.gif

Nothing wrong with it at all...good going.

The Scottish Parliamnet has just passed a law to make it illegal for any establishment to refuse permision for a woman to breast feed ( a baby presumably).

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 8 2004, 02:47 PM)

The Scottish Parliamnet has just passed a law to make it illegal for any establishment to refuse permision for a woman to breast feed ( a baby presumably).

That's very forward-thinking. smile.gif

Is this who I think it is? How's the kilt? wink.gif

GG

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 8 2004, 03:53 PM)

GG

GG

The Kilt is doing fine and may get an airing at Hogmany. Good to see so many names I recognise, I stumbled upon this forum almost by mistake.

Hope you are well.

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 8 2004, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 8 2004, 04:04 PM)
Welcome Milton.  trink39.gif

Thanks..I only dived in about half an hour ago it looks like a lively site.

Oh that it is.... that it is for sure. See you around the threads!! trink38.gif

Thanks for the replies. Today's wasn't a harrowing experience. I'm a worrier by nature, though I shouldn't be, wondering if next time will be different in a bad way. We're already getting grief from the MIL that we haven't started her on cereal yet. She's not 7 weeks yet!

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Dec 8 2004, 04:18 PM)
Thanks for the replies. Today's wasn't a harrowing experience. I'm a worrier by nature, though I shouldn't be, wondering if next time will be different in a bad way. We're already getting grief from the MIL that we haven't started her on cereal yet. She's not 7 weeks yet!

One thing you're going to be bombarded with is advice. It can be a great thing - and it can make you want to kill people. My only advice... Do what you feel works for you and your baby. All else will fall into place. smile.gif

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 8 2004, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 8 2004, 03:53 PM)

GG

GG

The Kilt is doing fine and may get an airing at Hogmany. Good to see so many names I recognise, I stumbled upon this forum almost by mistake.

Hope you are well.

Doing quite well, thank ye smile.gif

Great to see you...make yourself at home.

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 8 2004, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Dec 8 2004, 03:47 PM)

Jim? Is that you?

WELCOME!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It certainly is. trink39.gif

I've always believed it's the most natural thing in the world, and shouldn't reprewsent a problem for anyone. Pauline breast fed both our kids, and ironically, the only person who every expressed any concern about it was her father.

One of our best friends does it regularly in our presence, and there's nothing remotely 'sexual' or taboo about it.

QUOTE (iamarushfan @ Dec 8 2004, 05:40 PM)
i especially like it when hot mothers do it and i usually prefer is they take all their clothes of when breat-feeding applaudit.gif

I didn't breat feed my babies, I breast fed them. laugh.gif I did it anywhere, and I used a blanky to cover myself. If people didnt like the fact I was feeding my child, then they can take a hike. Its the most natural, and beneficial thing for your baby. Only take the advice you want, ( laugh.gif ) and do whats best for your child and you. It may not be whats best for others, or the way 'they' woulda done it... Good job, Soddy, sounds like you are a good mommy... and she is a beautiful baby girl!!! wub.gif

I remember when the airline security made that lady drink her own breast milk before boarding the plane. lol

Archived