Hall Of Fame

bassistnamedmike

When is Rush going to get into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. I think that it is about time this year. They have had a huge influence on Rock and deffinatly deserve to be in. On Q104.3 a classic rock radio station in NYC, they started a pitition to get YES into the Hall of Fame. I think that we should to the same. If i have any supporters e-mail me with ideas on how we can pull this off. Blackmetal27@yahoo.com

Mike

Theres already a petition to get Rush into the HOF. However, I severely doubt they will get in anytime soon. Also Rolling Stone controls a certain percentage of the votes to get in, and since Rolling Stone hates Rush, they won't elect them.

Plus, the Rock Hall is a joke anyway.

As nice as it would be to see them get in, they wont. Rolling Stone decides who gets nominated and who gets in, and I've read that they arent getting in as long as one guy is there at Rolling Stone. I dont remember who it was that said it, but I'm sure others have read the same thing. Rush will continue to be an underappreciated band not on the list long after Britney Spears and N'Sync are in the Hall of Fame.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 29 2004, 07:05 PM)
As nice as it would be to see them get in, they wont.  Rolling Stone decides who gets nominated and who gets in, and I've read that they arent getting in as long as one guy is there at Rolling Stone.  I dont remember who it was that said it, but I'm sure others have read the same thing.  Rush will continue to be an underappreciated band not on the list long after Britney Spears and N'Sync are in the Hall of Fame.

So sad but i'm afraid it's true mad.gif

trink36.gif don't worry Rush knows that they are getting appreciation from us!

NP.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 29 2004, 07:05 PM)
As nice as it would be to see them get in, they wont. Rolling Stone decides who gets nominated and who gets in, and I've read that they arent getting in as long as one guy is there at Rolling Stone. I dont remember who it was that said it, but I'm sure others have read the same thing. Rush will continue to be an underappreciated band not on the list long after Britney Spears and N'Sync are in the Hall of Fame.

Find out who that guy is and maybe he'll have an "accident"

The Hall of Fame is a total joke..I mean look who is in there....Prince??? Bob Seger??? Jackson Browne??? Come on!!!!!GIVE ME A BREAK!! 2.gif is in the Canadian Hall of Fame (along with a Star on the Walk of Fame, received Order of Canada) and and as far as I'm concerned that's good enough for me....I consider the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in the same category as the Grammies....A TOTAL $&*%$% JOKE!!!!! 19.gif Us 2.gif fans knows how great they are and don't need no biased piece of crap Hall to acknolwedge that!!!

zz top made it in WOOOHOOO lol...

To be honest I am happy as long as Rush puts out a new cd and tours again.

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 30 2004, 03:57 AM)

To be honest I am happy as long as Rush puts out a new cd and tours again.

i am with ya there!!!!!

i suppose eventually it will happen..... and all the speculation amkes for good cenversation....

but i'm not holding my breath waiting.....

Never. Rush will never be in the RRHOF.

Doesn't matter. Rock and Roll should not be an institution. It is from the streets. Creating a Hall of Fame detracts from what Rock and Roll is all about which is rebellion and wreckless abandon. It's about not giving a sh!t about what people think. It's about a big F*** You to the System, or Establishment, or The Man.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 30 2004, 12:51 PM)

Doesn't matter. Rock and Roll should not be an institution. It is from the streets. Creating a Hall of Fame detracts from what Rosck and Roll is all about which is rebellion and wreckless abandon. It's about not giving a sh!t about what people think. It's about a big F*** You to the System, or Establishment, or The Man.

Well put!

Hear, hear.... applaudit.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 30 2004, 01:54 PM)
I CAN'T F***ING SPELL!

You puit too many **** in your words... rofl3.gif

Hey Cyg - this is for you.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/TRFOLDPOSTS/post-2-1093892379.jpg

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 30 2004, 10:51 AM)

Doesn't matter. Rock and Roll should not be an institution. It is from the streets. Creating a Hall of Fame detracts from what Rock and Roll is all about which is rebellion and wreckless abandon. It's about not giving a sh!t about what people think. It's about a big F*** You to the System, or Establishment, or The Man.

THE MAN! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Aug 31 2004, 12:27 PM)
They're certainly more deserving that some who made it in there, but I have a feeling Air Supply and The Monkees will be getting inducted first.

Two perfect (yet horrifying) examples, SB.

smile.gif

Never say never. Remember Aerosmith was once derided by the critics, yet are now in there. Of course, it's ironic that the critics hated them most when they were at their best (73-77), and adored them at their worst ("Rag Doll", etc. 062802puke_prv.gif )

Now what does that tell us about the "wizdom" of people paid to write about entertainment? (Those ink-stained wretches not good enough to entertain, not good enough to write about important topics, only good enough to write about trivial things. It's only entertainment, for chrissakes, not anything important!)

Here's what I believe is the oldest, largest petition out there:

http://www.petitiononline.com/xanstar/petition.html

I personally haven't signed it , as I have no desire to beg the tin gods at Rolling Stone for a measly scrap of bread. upyours.gif Screw Rolling Stone!

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 31 2004, 01:09 PM)
I personally haven't signed it , as I have no desire to beg the tin gods at Rolling Stone for a measly scrap of bread. upyours.gif Screw Rolling Stone!

firedevil.gif yes.gif firedevil.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 31 2004, 12:09 PM)
Never say never. Remember Aerosmith was once derided by the critics, yet are now in there. Of course, it's ironic that the critics hated them most when they were at their best (73-77), and adored them at their worst ("Rag Doll", etc. 062802puke_prv.gif )

Now what does that tell us about the "wizdom" of people paid to write about entertainment? (Those ink-stained wretches not good enough to entertain, not good enough to write about important topics, only good enough to write about trivial things. It's only entertainment, for chrissakes, not anything important!)

Critics didnt like Aerosmith for about 4 years. Critics havent liked Rush for the last 30

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 31 2004, 03:09 PM)

Steve Vai wrote a song that included his opinion of RS.

Archived