24 hours and counting!

Godeater2112

I can barely contain myself!

So far I've only heard officially released tracks - Spindrift and Farcry! Can't wait to hear the rest - if it is half as good as those first two songs I'll probably spontaneously combust!

Gonna take a few cold ones to knock me out tonight otherwise I can't se myself sleeping much!

2.gif

Rest easy. It is "half as good." tongue.gif

It can be hard to wait, just to help you, here's a picture of me in Disco Towers, England happy to already be clutching my copy...

...I hope my happiness helps!!

trink39.gif

Disco

PS Having heard the full super-duper-proper-quality CD thingy, all I can say is you're going to have a happy day tomorrow!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/478481577_362b2f1bed.jpg

More like 32 hours for me. I gotta get through school before I go to Best Buy to pick it up, which I'm not too pleased with, but oh well. The wait will be worth it...

I also have to wait a couple of more hours, due to school.

But i'm still super-mega-ultra excited! I've been really hyper all day!

P.S. I wish my parents would let me put framed pictures of Atom Heart Mother and Killers.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Apr 30 2007, 10:14 AM)
I also have to wait a couple of more hours, due to school.

But i'm still super-mega-ultra excited! I've been really hyper all day!

P.S. I wish my parents would let me put framed pictures of Atom Heart Mother and Killers.

Best of luck on the wait, my friend.

I'm probably gonna get it around 4, but since I don't have a CD player and my mom would NEVER wanna listen to it in the car (she hates Rush), it'll probably be around 5 pm when I get my first listen. Ugh, the wait will be unbearable, being in school all day knowing the album is out there and I don't have it.

But like you, I am very excited. First time I've been this excited for new music since Van Halen in 2004, and that really says a lot, at least for me.

Funny story for those of you that have the album release impacted by school...

Years back I'm in university - ROLL THE BONES is released on the day I have an 11 o'clock calculus exam *shudder*.

I find a record store near my place that opens at 9:30... so the plan is to pick up Roll the Bones and listen to it on the bus ride top school for my exam.

So I'm standing out side the record store... 9:30 arrives - there are staff members inside but not opening yet. I patiently wait til about 9:40 and they are still not open so I start (gently at first) knocking on the plate glass window trying to get their attention wondering why they aren't open - but nobody even looks at me to acknowledge they can even hear my knocking.

I start to get pretty cheesed off - usually I wouldn't be so impatient but I am running a tight sked trying to get to an exam on time... I start knocking more loudly pointing at their sign and saying "YOUR SIGN SAYS YOU OPEN A HALF HOUR AGO! WHATS THE STORY?!"

Anyways 10am passes and the dorks inside are still stocking shelves and stuff but still haven't opened up. I am on the verge of giving up when a cop car screeches to a halt behind me...

Long story short I'm in the back of a frigging squad car with the police giving me a bit more sass than they really have to - as I try and explain my situation and wondering why exactly the staff of the store called the cops on me in the first place.

I managed to talk my way out of it, find another store near by that was open and sold me the CD, listened to the CD for the first time on the bus ride and *barely* made it to my exam on time. If I recall correctly I flunked that exam with flying colors but damn was I ever happy to have my hands on the latest Rush album!

Just another memorable Rush release day for me - I imagine tomorrow can only go more smoothly. LOL

2.gif

Rest in Peace RECORDS ON WHEELS Bank Street Ottawa! I'm one of many people I'm sure that knows why you've long been out of business you dirty pricks!

I have my copy of S&A reserved at Record and Tape Traders - already paid for and everything. I work tomarrow from 6am - 2:30, so as SOON as I get off work, I'm heading straight to R&TT, and picking it up! 653.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 30 2007, 07:59 AM)
Rest easy. It is "half as good." tongue.gif

Don't let the minority piss on your parade! You should be excited about a new Rush release! It only comes along once in a while! YOU and only YOU will make up your own opinion about whether it's good, not someone who tells you what he thinks and says it's fact.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Apr 30 2007, 05:14 PM)

I would like to say you'll be able to when you leave home, but - when she was living here- Female Variety Disco had a few negative words to say about having the Killers album [1] up on the wall, so I wasn't allowed it up then!

Disco

[1] Cos they're not pictures, but the actual albums, which are the things people used to listen to music back in the olden days..

Resisting the 30 second clips and the leak other than "Far Cry" (which is my most played on my iPod) was so hard... but only one day left. Luckily I can get to Best Buy at the opening and have it for the rest of the day without interuption.

Man... new Rush and getting my college degree in the same week. What a wonderful time.

QUOTE (President TM @ Apr 30 2007, 09:18 PM)

Man... new Rush and getting my college degree in the same week. What a wonderful time.

Yeah, many congrats...so this album may well be one of those soundtrack-to-life albums, always tasking you back to this week.

Disco

QUOTE (Disco @ Apr 30 2007, 02:57 PM)
It can be hard to wait, just to help you, here's a picture of me in Disco Towers,  England happy to already be clutching my copy...

...I hope my happiness helps!! 

trink39.gif

Disco

PS Having heard the full super-duper-proper-quality CD thingy, all I can say is you're going to have a happy day tomorrow!

That expression is pretty much what I look like right now tongue.gif

I just saw the dates that you are going to see Rush: They are exactly the same ones as me! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Just saw that actually I'm going to the Wembley one on the 10th.... but still... tongue.gif

Well, for the Birmingham gig me and my brother will be staying at the adjacent Holiday Inn Express, and no doubt having a few post gig ales, so...

QUOTE (Disco @ Apr 30 2007, 09:57 AM)

Ahhh so that's you Disco is it? You don't look very disco mate I must say...where's your travoltan trousers...??

laugh.gif

This will be very special for me as I have resisted the leak and have only heard Far Cry (the full song). I also, like some others here, must sit through damned school before I get it, but I should be going to Best Buy around 3 PM tomorrow. I can't wait to hear the whole album! 1022.gif

Treeduck! I am disco, I define it, whatever I choose to be looking like at any time is what disco is at that moment. You got that?

But you know I did I slob down for that pic on purpose (really)...here's a picture of me in front of a disco ball to make up for it (travoltan trousers just out of shot)...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/478837181_b2da818262.jpg

Archived