Neil's Acceptance Speech

signutsechsjuan

This is in the rare event that he'd actually show up to the award ceremony! I'd be surprised if he did, but I guess you never know. I just figured if he did win, it'd be one of the instances where the presenter says, 'Mr. Peart could not attend tonight but asked us to thank you on his behalf.' *cue cheesy outro music*

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Dec 8 2004, 08:32 AM)
This is in the rare event that he'd actually show up to the award ceremony! I'd be surprised if he did, but I guess you never know. I just figured if he did win, it'd be one of the instances where the presenter says, 'Mr. Peart could not attend tonight but asked us to thank you on his behalf.' *cue cheesy outro music*

And they'd probably pronounce it "Pert."

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 8 2004, 11:20 AM)
NP's speech:

*ahem*  Thank you, I hate you all, buy my books, goodnight !!!

<stolen from somewhere else, but I can't remember where I saw it> 1022.gif

Exactly. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

*wild applause*

"Thank you so much. Let me just say that, after Rush in Rio I was almost ready to retire...and then, at our first 30th Anniversary Show...there she was...10th row, Alex's side of the stage, purple shirt, dancing like a fool. I don't know her name, but she gave me a reason to keep going..."

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 8 2004, 11:50 AM)
*wild applause*

"Thank you so much.  Let me just say that, after Rush in Rio I was almost ready to retire...and then, at our first 30th Anniversary Show...there she was...10th row, Alex's side of the stage, purple shirt, dancing like a fool.  I don't know her name, but she gave me a reason to keep going..."

"...also the guy in the red Vapor Trails shirt way back in the back on Geddy's side. He seemed to know all the lyrics and drum fills." laugh.gif

(i just noticed that this is my 30th post! LOL)

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 8 2004, 09:50 AM)
*wild applause*

"Thank you so much. Let me just say that, after Rush in Rio I was almost ready to retire...and then, at our first 30th Anniversary Show...there she was...10th row, Alex's side of the stage, purple shirt, dancing like a fool. I don't know her name, but she gave me a reason to keep going..."

GIRL...you are halarious! rofl3.gif

I would like to thank Alex and Geddy,Two peolpe who if it wasn"t for them i would not be here acepting this award..Things happen for reasons, I except that...I have been blessed by my creator that i knew one day that after all that i have experenced i would be able to except this award on behalf of 2.gif ,our families of couse,our friends and most of all the one true force that made it all be alive and well?....OUR FANS...Mostly SLACKERBOB...Thankyou goodnite...

*wild applause*

"....and so after months of searching, hanging around on Rush fan boards, and the finest detectives willing to work for Canadian dollars, I located her."

"Tonight I'm proud to announced our engagement........... sorry, Carrie."

................And then GG woke up, drooling. drool1.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 8 2004, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 8 2004, 09:50 AM)
*wild applause*

"Thank you so much.  Let me just say that, after Rush in Rio I was almost ready to retire...and then, at our first 30th Anniversary Show...there she was...10th row, Alex's side of the stage, purple shirt, dancing like a fool.  I don't know her name, but she gave me a reason to keep going..."

GIRL...you are halarious! rofl3.gif

Tee hee

tongue.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 9 2004, 08:31 AM)
*wild applause*

"....and so after months of searching, hanging around on Rush fan boards, and the finest detectives willing to work for Canadian dollars, I located her."

"Tonight I'm proud to announced our engagement........... sorry, Carrie."

................And then GG woke up, drooling. drool1.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

tongue.gif

Archived