Neil Gets Grammy Nomination!

Draco

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 7 2004, 04:22 PM)
You're kidding!!!!

You mean music institutions are actually paying attention to Rush all of the sudden?!?!

Yea right!

These are the same folks who "payed attention" to YYZ but gave a Grammy to The Police for "Behind My Camel" in 1982. Have you ever heard Behind My Camel??!! 062802puke_prv.gif I'll concede 1992's choice of Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dover"

to win over "Where's My Thing" (not that I think it's better, just that it could have gone either way back then).

Anyway, I'm not anticipating them winning with these kind of people making the choices (come on, "Behind My Camel", really??!! sarcasm.gif), just always hopeful new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Dec 7 2004, 09:51 PM)
RIR was released in 2003...are they always a year behind??

Apparently the eligibility period begins October 1 rather than Jan. 1...so for this year's Grammies, Oct. 1/2003 is beginning of eligibilty period...RiR was released late October....

McLachlan, Rush make Grammy radar

Angela Pacienza

Canadian Press

December 7, 2004

TORONTO (CP) -- This year's crop of homegrown Grammy nominees runs the gamut from the usual suspects -- Shania Twain, Sarah McLachlan and Nickelback -- to pleasant surprises like Rush and jazz guitarist Benoit Charest.

Other Canuck-born nominees include polka king Walter Ostanek, producer David Foster and the orchestra of Tafelmusik.

Composer Howard Shore returns to the Grammys with two nominees for his famed Lord of the Rings score. He's already a favourite, after the scores for the first two Rings films won him Grammys in 2003 and 2002. He scored the Oscar last year too.

Shore will also compete in the best song from a film category for Annie Lennox's Into the West, a song he co-wrote.

He'll be up against Charest. The Montreal songwriter co-wrote the title tune of The Triplets of Belleville, an animated film made in Montreal. The song was also nominated for an Oscar last year.

Twain was a double nominee with nods for the song She's Not Just a Pretty Face in the female country vocal performance category and another for her Dolly Parton-tribute duet with Alison Kraus, Coat of Many Colors.

2 PAGE ARTICLE

I hope Neil wins, and I hope he will show up. I could be wrong, but isn't he only avoiding interviews since the tragedies?

He writes a d@mn good acceptance speech, and hopefully nobody will be asking those "how are you DOING?" questions at an award ceremony.

Well, anyway, I'm thrilled that he was nominated.

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

The boys should have a handful of these little awards by now but unfortunetly they fly so low under the radar the pop world barely notices.A grammy win is about 20 years overdue and admission into the rock& roll hall of fame is 10. So lets not put alot of faith into a bunch of old, out of touch, chart watching dorks to award a grammy to someone who actually deserves it. http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Dec 17 2004, 06:39 AM)
The boys should have a handful of these little awards by now but unfortunetly they fly so low under the radar the pop world barely notices.A grammy win is about 20 years overdue and admission into the rock& roll hall of fame is 10. So lets not put alot of faith into a bunch of old, out of touch, chart watching dorks to award a grammy to someone who actually deserves it. http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/NeilFinal.gif

http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/goodpost.gif http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/signs015.gif http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

Sage wisdom from the Simpsons...

Homer: Why won't anyone give me an award?

Lisa: You won a grammy.

Homer: I mean an award that's worth winning.

Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Simpson's opinions do not reflect those of the producers, who don't consider the Grammy an award at all.

http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Brian Wilson or Neil Peart...man, decisions decisions.

Smile is an awesome piece of work - although I like the 1966 stuff much better than the 2004...and Neil Peart is so damn good of a lyricist and drummer...jeez...that's really hard to see.

They're probably give it to Vai or someone like that. http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/062802puke_prv.gif

I mean, come on...Shania and Nickelback are in this lineup? They're talking about sales and nothing more. Nickelback is a bunch of idiots who sing about alcohol or something related to it and Shania needs to get naked, get it over with, and disappear forever. It's all glitz and braindead namby pamby stuff anymore.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 7 2004, 01:58 PM)
This is cool! Though it is interesting that with "YYZ," "Leave That Thing Alone" and "La Villa" on that DVD, they nominate the drum solo.

i agree..la villa strangiato, to me, seems to be more worthy of a grammy...and more likely to win...O baterista is awesome too though

neil rocks NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (between sun and moon @ Dec 19 2004, 10:24 PM)
This is cool! Though it is interesting that with "YYZ," "Leave That Thing Alone" and "La Villa" on that DVD, they nominate the drum solo.

i agree..la villa strangiato, to me, seems to be more worthy of a grammy...and more likely to win...O baterista is awesome too though

neil rocks NeilFinal.gif

I concur biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Dec 19 2004, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (between sun and moon @ Dec 19 2004, 10:24 PM)

neil rocks NeilFinal.gif

I concur biggrin.gif

Cygnus, you're so agreeable these days! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Draconator @ Dec 7 2004, 10:20 AM)
Best Rock Instrumental Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Instrumental Illness
The Allman Brothers Band
Track from: One Way Out
[sanctuary]

* Onda
Los Lonely Boys
Track from: Los Lonely Boys
[Epic Records]

* O Baterista
Rush
Track from: Rush In Rio
[Anthem/Atlantic Records]

* Whispering A Prayer
Steve Vai
Track from: G3 Live: Rockin' In The Free World
[Epic Records]

* Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
Brian Wilson
Track from: Brian Wilson Presents Smile
[Nonesuch Records]

bumper.gif Tonight's the night!!!

Just found this:

Category 19

(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, without vocals. Includes Rock, Hard Rock and Metal. Singles or Tracks only.)

Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

Brian Wilson

[Nonesuch Records] mad.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 13 2005, 08:38 PM)
Just found this:

Category 19

Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
Brian Wilson
[Nonesuch Records] mad.gif

"Includes pre-telecast winners. Telecast winners posted throughout the evening."

So, it's officially over! unsure.gif Is anybody REALLY suprised? confused13.gif no.gif

Thanks for the 'official' word, Drumnut!

Archived