The grand prize quiz 1

A Companion Unobtrusive

This is the topic that was once taken out by Big Al, with the new rule "No giveaways" added. But you guys seem more liberal , so here goes:

THE GRAND PRIZE GIVAWAY QUIZ PART 1

Every now and then I will post a new question in this thread. Anybody who knows the right answer and is lucky enough to be online can post the answer and will get a point.

It's OK to guess, no minus points, but you can only guess once at a particular question.

You will never know when the next question pops up. It can be a matter of hours or weeks, they will appear very irregularly!

There will be a mix of ridiculously easy questions (type "Which is the first song on MP?"), or very difficult ones (type "What colour were Geddy's socks at the Buffalo gig on the Hemispheres tour?")

The first one to reach 3 points will get the price, which is:

An intact issue of the British hard rock magazine Kerrang! from 1984, with RUSH on the cover and a 6-page centerfold special called "A decade of RUSH"!

(And the crowd goes WOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

OK? So who's in?

common001.gif

The Companion

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 6 2004, 12:37 PM)
All moved!

LOL...great minds think alike...

I just clicked on move this thread.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 6 2004, 01:32 PM)
Lookslike we all agree, GAME ON!!!

Come on Companion, time for you to be obtrusive!! tongue.gif

Tee hee laugh.gif

1) The Analog Kid:

"His mother starts to call him,

As a hawk goes soaring by"

2) Vapor Trail

"Silence all the songbirds

Stilled by the killing frost"

3) Dreamline

"Like lovers and heroes, lonely as the eagle's cry"

BTW, GREAT idea for a new game, you are more then welcome to have them here yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well I think its

1. Hawk - Analog Kid

2. Eagle - Dreamline

3. Swallow - Stick it Out

PS I just found Songbird myself, but not sure thats right. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 6 2004, 05:53 PM)
Nice work! Moonraker gets the point. Yes, songbirds may look like a borderline case, but I would also have OK'ed "scavengers" so what the heck!

Another one I thought of: Loon

Scoreboard:

Moonraker

So what is a swallow if it isn't a bird?? I know it isn't a reference to a swallow in the song and taken out of context but you didn't say anything about that. It sounded like you wanted specific bird names which is why I dumped the songbird reference. The question was a little ambiguous I'm afraid.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 6 2004, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 6 2004, 05:53 PM)
Nice work! Moonraker gets the point. Yes, songbirds may look like a borderline case, but I would also have OK'ed "scavengers" so what the heck!

Another one I thought of: Loon

Scoreboard:

Moonraker

So what is a swallow if it isn't a bird?? I know it isn't a reference to a swallow in the song and taken out of context but you didn't say anything about that. It sounded like you wanted specific bird names which is why I dumped the songbird reference. The question was a little ambiguous I'm afraid.

sarcasm.gif

Rickyrob, I do agree that a swallow is a bird, and you got the answer right too. The reason Moonraker got the point, though, is because he answered first.

Looking at the rules again, I see that I didn't mention one important detail, that I took for granted: The FIRST person who gets the answer right gets the point! My mistake, and I apologize! I was sure I had mentioned that.

Well, then I would say that at the time Rickyrob did follow the rules as they were, and therefore will get a point too. From now on, though, ONE person gets a point per question, and then we move on to the next one.

I hope nobody gets pissed off by this mishap - after all, I'm only here to bring you some fun and a gift!

Scoreboard:

Moonraker

Rickyrob

Question 2:

Which two albums have a skull on the cover?

Sorry, I was thinking there were only three answers...in which case not a problem, but I still think that 'songbird' comes into the category of the kind of answer you were not looking for...as you seemed to indicate that just any reference to 'bird' was not acceptable as an answer, unless it was a type of bird.

anyway, my next answer is

Roll The Bones

and

Farewell to Kings

Unfortunately, I can't access detailed pic's because I'm at work and have to rely on my PC in giving me a clue, so I'm not sure about one of these.

PS...I'm not peed of, Its just that I spent about an hour last night looking through lyrics, and missed half the Midds v City game! and then watched my team lose... sad.gif

No hard feelings

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 7 2004, 05:06 AM)

anyway, my next answer is

Roll The Bones
and
Farewell to Kings

Sorry, not correct. This means that your one guess for this question is used up, and the question is still open for scoring.

Come on people, look it up!

Archived