Harrison Ford on 'Indy 4'

Jack Aubrey

From Coming Soon

The Indy Experience caught up with Harrison Ford and asked what the latest was on Indiana Jones 4. Frank Darabont had written a draft, but that did not receive the green light. Instead, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg hired Jeff Nathanson to do a rewrite and things are looking good.

Asked whether or not "Indy 4" will still be made, Ford answered, "No doubt about it." And while he says this next film is his, he wouldn't mind a younger actor playing Indy in possible future films.

The site added that George Lucas, who rejected Darabont's script, is happy with the new draft from Nathanson.

I may get smacked around for this, but they have yet to come close to Indy 1. The other 2 just didn't cut it. 2 was a train wreck, imo.

Harrison Ford signs for Iraq war film

Thursday December 16, 2004

Harrison Ford is to star in what will be Hollywood's first feature about the current Iraq war.

Producers Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher have bought the option for No True Glory: The Battle for Fallujah, a non-fiction written by Slate reporter Bing West.

The book is due to be published in May and tells the story of an assault on Iraqi insurgents in Falluja, from the perspective of US marines.

Variety reports that Ford is already attached to play General Jim Mattis, in charge of the attack. Shamberg and Sher's production company Double Feature has already been working with Ford on the medical drama For His Sick Kid, based on the novel by Geeta Anand.

It is probable that the film will strike a different tone to the only major feature about the US's previous war in Iraq, 1999's Three Kings, which told the story of a group of cynical, self-serving US soldiers. West's coverage of the war has tended to side with US troops.

film.guardian.co.uk

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Dec 7 2004, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 4 2004, 12:57 PM)
I may get smacked around for this, but they have yet to come close to Indy 1.  The other 2 just didn't cut it.  2 was a train wreck, imo.

3 was a classic imo.

I agree! http://www.therushforum.net/html/emoticons/yes.gif