Roland Space Echo Reissue!

rushfanNlv

I know most of the guitarists here are not in to stomps but for those who are, you've got to check this out! A reissue of the original space echo as used by Alex around the Hemispheres era (he used three of them live) for his delay sounds. If you listen closely to live stuff around the same era, you can hear that he was almost always using some sort of delay weather it was a solo or just a rhythm part. This reissue is supposed to be a faithful recreation of the same 1970's units used by so many artists. It's a modeling pedal (COSM) but the few that I know who have tried the pedal say it kicks ass! I love analog delay over digital because of the repeats. Digital repeats get too loud for my taste. Analog is nice a smooth sounding allowing the notes you are playing to be the focus of the sound and the repeats to trail off into the background instead of being on your face.

I'm jazzed about this particular pedal because, as we all know, I'm a Lifeson wannabe but also the pedal has stereo ins and outs which will allow me to add delay/reverb after my chorus pedal where is should be.

Anyway, thought I would share.

Edited by rushfanNlv

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 2 2007, 01:52 PM)
I know most of the guitarists here are not in to stomps but for those who are, you've got to check this out!  A reissue of the original space echo as used by Alex around the Hemispheres era (he used three of them live) for his delay sounds.  If you listen closely to live stuff around the same era, you can hear that he was almost always using some sort of delay weather it was a solo or just a rhythm part.  This reissue is supposed to be a faithful recreation of the same 1970's units used by so many artists.  It's a modeling pedal (COSM) but the few that I know who have tried the pedal say it kicks ass!  I love analog delay over digital because of the repeats.  Digital repeats get too loud for my taste.  Analog is nice a smooth sounding allowing the notes you are playing to be the focus of the sound and the repeats to trail off into the background instead of being on your face.

I'm jazzed about this particular pedal because, as we all know, I'm a Lifeson wannabe but also the pedal has stereo ins and outs which will allow me to add delay/reverb after my chorus pedal where is should be.

drool1.gif drool1.gif

I have the Line 6 Echo Park, i wonder how different this one is?

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 2 2007, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Apr 2 2007, 01:52 PM)
I know most of the guitarists here are not in to stomps but for those who are, you've got to check this out!  A reissue of the original space echo as used by Alex around the Hemispheres era (he used three of them live) for his delay sounds.  If you listen closely to live stuff around the same era, you can hear that he was almost always using some sort of delay weather it was a solo or just a rhythm part.  This reissue is supposed to be a faithful recreation of the same 1970's units used by so many artists.  It's a modeling pedal (COSM) but the few that I know who have tried the pedal say it kicks ass!  I love analog delay over digital because of the repeats.  Digital repeats get too loud for my taste.  Analog is nice a smooth sounding allowing the notes you are playing to be the focus of the sound and the repeats to trail off into the background instead of being on your face.

drool1.gif drool1.gif

I have the Line 6 Echo Park, i wonder how different this one is?

Very different.

Your echo Park is a very versatile and practical delay pedal. Many people I associate with use and love the echo park.

The space echo is a one trick pony really. But it does that one trick very, very well. It's like an old Marshall. There are really only two, three different types of sounds you can get from them. But those sounds are to die for and most are willing to pay for it.