What is your most hated movie?

The Owl

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2007, 04:58 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2007, 11:22 PM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes. Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting. I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

no.gif

his name does not deserve to be next to Hitchcock's

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 30 2007, 02:37 AM)
Seed of Chucky-

By far the worst film i've ever seen. The Child's Play films were great up until the "Of Chucky" films. If "Bride" was a nut-shot to the Franchise, this film is casteration. A good franchise DEAD
I tolerated the Bride, as it didn't ruin the previous three films and continued the story. But "Seed" was just awful. I guarentee you this film playes on a continous non-stop loop in hell. I shocks me that two actors from Lord of the Rings Brad Dourif (albiet Chucky first) and Billy Boyd.

I agree

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Apr 3 2007, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2007, 04:58 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2007, 11:22 PM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes. Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting. I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

no.gif

his name does not deserve to be next to Hitchcock's

I think Shamalyan is to predictible and reveals everything to fast and ends to his movies to quick.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 30 2007, 07:27 AM)
House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really out did himself with this one. Even the great Clint Howard couldn't save it.

Rest in Pieces - I love bad horror movies from the 80s and when I was younger I'd always go rent things with cheesy covers, hoping they'd be hilariously bad. This movie had a cool cover with a zombie jumping out of a grave, but the movie was like an episode of a soap opera where only one person got stabbed...and you didn't even see it.

and f***ing Contact 062802puke_prv.gif

I loved Contact!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 5 2007, 07:27 PM)
House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really out did himself with this one. Even the great Clint Howard couldn't save it.

Rest in Pieces - I love bad horror movies from the 80s and when I was younger I'd always go rent things with cheesy covers, hoping they'd be hilariously bad. This movie had a cool cover with a zombie jumping out of a grave, but the movie was like an episode of a soap opera where only one person got stabbed...and you didn't even see it.

I agree. Contact was incredible

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Apr 6 2007, 02:55 PM)

You guys didn't feel gipped with that weak ending? It ruined the whole thing for me.

Contact, the movie with Jodie Foster???

Dude, I love that movie too!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 6 2007, 06:59 AM)
Cry Baby with Johnny Depp...the only movie I ever walked out of in the theater

John Waters scores incredibly high on the cheese-o-meter. Some of his movies I can't really watch, but I think Cry Baby is watchable. It's so over the top, it's ridiculous, but that's intentional. By no means a great movie, but I can think of tons of worse movies...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 6 2007, 07:42 PM)

Contact, the movie with Jodie Foster???

Dude, I love that movie too!

Is that you John Hinckley? cool.gif

J/K Goob. I know you haven't shot a president. wink.gif

Edited by steelcaressed

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 7 2007, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 6 2007, 06:59 AM)
Cry Baby with Johnny Depp...the only movie I ever walked out of in the theater

John Waters scores incredibly high on the cheese-o-meter. Some of his movies I can't really watch, but I think Cry Baby is watchable. It's so over the top, it's ridiculous, but that's intentional. By no means a great movie, but I can think of tons of worse movies...

Of course I knew it was 'intentional'. I thought it'd be 'so bad it's good' but that wasn't the case. Cry Baby was so bad I merely walked out.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 6 2007, 02:18 PM)

You guys didn't feel gipped with that weak ending? It ruined the whole thing for me.

What weak ending? It was perfect`

The alien taking the appearance of her dad was terrible. Then the whole "look, the tape recorded 18 hours, she's NOT crazy!" made it even worse. You guys are the first people I've ever seen that liked that movie...weirdos. tongue.gif

The Hills Have Eyes - possibly the stupidest movie ever made. And wouldn't you know it, the sequel is coming to a theatre near you.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 7 2007, 05:01 PM)
What, no one here has seen Megaforce?

Ha!

I remember seeing that movie at the theatre many years ago and thinking "what the F**K did I just watch?"

Might be time to revisit that one, see what I think of it now as a "grown up".

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 7 2007, 01:08 PM)

The alien taking the appearance of her dad was terrible. Then the whole "look, the tape recorded 18 hours, she's NOT crazy!" made it even worse. You guys are the first people I've ever seen that liked that movie...weirdos. tongue.gif

You're the first person I've talked to who hated that movie. Weirdo. tongue.gif