Idiocracy

#43 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*

• Members *
  • 5669 posts
  • Interests:life.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2007, 07:58 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2007, 06:41 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2007, 11:22 PM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes.  Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting.  I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

>_< comparing M. Night Shamalyan to Hitchcock?

062802puke_prv.gif  

#44 mars_volta

mars_volta

The Seeker

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:36 PM

moulin rouge

#45 Atomic.Feedback!

Atomic.Feedback!

The Seeker

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Such exciting things as: going to local band's shows; pretending I can play the guitar; talking about politics, movies, books, comics, problems, whatever; being sarcastic; attempting to play soccer with some degree of skill;

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 31 2007, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 31 2007, 09:45 PM)
There are so many more.  Any movie w/ Will Farrell or Mike Myers. 

Have you ever seen "Old School" (Farrell) or "So I Married an Axe Murderer" (Myers)?  I love both those movies.  The two "Wayne's World" movies were pretty good, too... but I can totally understand if people hate the "Austin Powers" crap.

The only two movies w/Will Farrell I like are Stranger Than Fiction and Anchorman.

And only Anchorman because there are these four guys at my school, and they wear these suits, and one wears a big cowboy hat and they run around doing stupid stuff...  I guess it's not even the movie that's funny, it's just them.

Dreamcatcher was pathetic.

goodpost.gif My thought exactly.

#46 Sark

Sark

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2474 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hiking/nature, movies, travel, oh and a little ol' band called Rush!

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

Batman and Robin with AAAHnold as Mr. Freeze-

" Okay everybody, CHILL!" sarcasm.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  

#47 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 84647 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

I saw this film in the 80s called "The Executioner" about this guy going around killing people for no reason and it was bad. Bad acting, bad stunts, cheapo sets  and effects etc and every time there was an explosion (which was very often) they kept showing this one same explosion, which became something of a hilarious aspect to me and my mates at the time...and yes somehow we watched it to the end. I think actually we made a mistake, we were actually trying to rent out "The Exterminator" but got that by mistake...

laugh.gif  

#48 Ru5h F@n

Ru5h F@n

Mr. Unsure

• Members
  • 2552 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering, Musical Composition, Production And Synthesizer Programming

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

I have a lot of movies I hated but it depends on what decade we're talking about here first. Is it overall or just a certain time period?

#49 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Okay I have seen a lot of movies.

Some of the bad ones I have seen are:  
The Hills Have Eyes (just bloody terrible, the only way to watch it is really really drunk)

Catwoman was awful! I remember watching it with my friend and she and I laughed when the cats gave Hallie Berry CPR. Sharon Stone was disappointing.

Basic Instinct 2 was crap! I LOVE the original and I was very disappointed with this sequel. They really didn't need to make another one in my opinion.

Van Wilder Part Deux- What the hell.. .okay no Ryan Reynolds no sale... I mean he is VAN WILDER!

Batman and Robin I agree was just terrible! Uma Thurman is it's saving grace... not by her acting, by her hot costume! And this is coming from a HUGE Batman Freak!

Jaws 2 and 3 were rediculous! How the hell can a SHARK beat a JET to it's destination?!

Every single Friday the 13th movie after the first 3 were craptacular!
I would have to say the same for the Nightmare on Elm Street movies.
The same goes for all the Hellraiser movies except for the first one, when Pinhead was called the Lead Cennobite and not some stupid catch phrase spitting icon.

Wow I could go on forever about the horror movie industry and how they haven't made a good movie since the late 70's, but I wont.

Tim Burton's only disappointment in my book was Corpse Bride.

M. Night's only good movie was The Sixth Sense (the first time you watch it) the others were entirely overrated and I can understand why there are so many haters out there for him.  I admit Lady in the Water had a cool trailer but what a piece of garbage! So loose and unthought out!

This is all can think of right now.

#50 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 3 2007, 04:19 PM)

Jaws 2 and 3 were rediculous! How the hell can a SHARK beat a JET to it's destination?!

The jet thing was Jaws 4:The Revenge actually and yes it is PATHETIC!  Easily in my top 5 of worst movies.

The late Richard Jeni does a good routine on Jaws 4 here...he brings up the stupid jet thing as well..

#51 deadwing2112

deadwing2112

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 8200 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 2 2007, 10:49 AM)
Dreamcatcher was pathetic.

I agree. Pretty terrible.

#52 The Rocinante

The Rocinante

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5905 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2007, 04:58 AM)
Tim Burton's stuff is all alright with me (other than the Planet of the Apes remake, awful film), but the most overrated film maker in hollywood is M. Night Shamalyan.  I cannot enjoy any of his films.  He is too overrated.

I LOVE his movies and will see anything he makes.  Lady in the Water was definitely not his best, but it was still interesting.  I think he's one of the most original writers and directors out there. yes.gif

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

no.gif

his name does not deserve to be next to Hitchcock's

#53 Sticklah

Sticklah

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 30 2007, 02:37 AM)
Seed of Chucky-

By far the worst film i've ever seen.  The Child's Play films were great up until the "Of Chucky" films.  If "Bride" was a nut-shot to the Franchise, this film is casteration.  A good franchise DEAD
I tolerated the Bride, as it didn't ruin the previous three films and continued the story.  But "Seed" was just awful.  I guarentee you this film playes on a continous non-stop loop in hell.  I shocks me that two actors from Lord of the Rings Brad Dourif (albiet Chucky first) and Billy Boyd.

I agree

#54 Sticklah

Sticklah

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

Oh and Pumpkinhead 2 Sucked horribly.

#55 Sticklah

Sticklah

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Apr 3 2007, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 2 2007, 04:58 AM)

yes.gif

He's our Hitchcock.

no.gif

his name does not deserve to be next to Hitchcock's

I think Shamalyan is to predictible and reveals everything to fast and ends to his movies to quick.  

#56 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 30 2007, 07:27 AM)
House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really out did himself with this one. Even the great Clint Howard couldn't save it.

Rest in Pieces - I love bad horror movies from the 80s and when I was younger I'd always go rent things with cheesy covers, hoping they'd be hilariously bad. This movie had a cool cover with a zombie jumping out of a grave, but the movie was like an episode of a soap opera where only one person got stabbed...and you didn't even see it.

and f***ing Contact 062802puke_prv.gif

[QUOTE]

I loved Contact!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 Room 34

Room 34

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

Happy Feet.

#58 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30318 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

Cry Baby with Johnny Depp...the only movie I ever walked out of in the theater

#59 The Rocinante

The Rocinante

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5905 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 5 2007, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 30 2007, 07:27 AM)
House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really out did himself with this one. Even the great Clint Howard couldn't save it.

Rest in Pieces - I love bad horror movies from the 80s and when I was younger I'd always go rent things with cheesy covers, hoping they'd be hilariously bad. This movie had a cool cover with a zombie jumping out of a grave, but the movie was like an episode of a soap opera where only one person got stabbed...and you didn't even see it.

and f***ing Contact 062802puke_prv.gif

[QUOTE]

I loved Contact!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Contact was incredible

#60 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7055 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Apr 6 2007, 02:55 PM)
[QUOTE=vital signz,Apr 5 2007, 07:27 PM] [QUOTE=Storm Shadow,Mar 30 2007, 07:27 AM] House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really out did himself with this one. Even the great Clint Howard couldn't save it.

and f***ing Contact 062802puke_prv.gif [/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]

I loved Contact!!!!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]
I agree. Contact was incredible

You guys didn't feel gipped with that weak ending? It ruined the whole thing for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users