Moonrakers "Name that Rush Tune"

rickyrob

Why do you not play it?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you not play it?

• I am not aware of Moonrakers "Name that Rush Tune"
    • I am aware of it, but I am not interested in playing.
    • I am aware of it, but it is so difficult I give up after a short while. I would like to see some small changes and I would play if the changes made the game a bit easier.
    • I would not like to see any changes, its fine as it is.

There only appears to be a few people playing Moonrakers game. He must put a lot of time and effort into producing these....thanks Moonraker, it really is appreciated biggrin.gif

Now, he has indicated that because of the apparent lack of interest, he may decide to stop doing them in the future ohmy.gif sad.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I enjoy doing his puzzle, but I somehow find it a little too difficult...but I still keep plugging on.

I am posting a poll to find out why people aren't playing his excellent game.

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (prince by-tor @ Dec 3 2004, 06:37 AM)
I"m all EARS? sarcasm.gif <----O,K maybe i"m not upyours.gif
Just Kidding trink39.gif

It is difficult, but not impossible and very compelling.

Its simply a 7.5 second (yes, thats seven and a half seconds) medly of 10 (yes ten!) different parts of Rush songs taken from any of their studio albums and put together into one mix. All you have to do is identify all the 10 songs unsure.gif

Perhaps we need a sticky to let people know of its existence. bncegrn.gif

Please can anyone who looks at this, vote?...even if it is just to say you don't wish to take part.

Many Thanks

Rick biggrin.gif

I enjoy listening to the Rush clips and trying to figure out which

Rush songs they are from. I would like to thank RushRevisited,

1-0-0-1-0-0-1, and Moonraker for hosting these clip contests in the

past and present.

I feel that I should stay out of the clip contests from now on.

But, I'll play unofficially.

I like the game. I just believe it's too difficult. Call me weak or whatever, it's tough. I don't expect it to be easy and it's not. 10 songs in 7.5 secs...come on! LOL

I have Every audio tool to rip the thing apart and still can't figure it out.

I love this game so please keep it.

I've not made so many guesses this time for two reasons.

Firstly, I've had a stinking cold for a couple of weeks which has meant that my brain hasn't been up to figuring out what the songs are and -

Secondly, I didn't want to make a load of random guesses this time - I wanted to try and work it through properly.

First of all...my computers an ass....and it interuppts all downloads possible so I have been lazy lately...in fact I think I will go and download it on the other computer and send it in an email or something..lol Just too lazy..be be posting guesses soon!

This game is a blast. It's a little too difficult. Maybe 1 sec for each segment? How long were the clips in the old game RR used to host? Maybe Moon is just picking more obscure clips from the songs? I played RR's version all the time & it seemed much easier.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 3 2004, 04:19 PM)
This game is a blast. It's a little too difficult. Maybe 1 sec for each segment? How long were the clips in the old game RR used to host? Maybe Moon is just picking more obscure clips from the songs? I played RR's version all the time & it seemed much easier.

This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I don't want to appear critical of Moonraker, but I puul my hair out a lot with his game - but its totally compelling and I love a challenge so I keep going.

Moonraker, is it possible to either make the clips 1 second or try and keep the clips a little less obscure in future ones...maybe if you set a time limit, say 1 week AND limit the amount of officially submitted answers (say 5) for each person...(?)...just thoughts. There are currently (out of 12) 5 people who didn't know about this game....well its been made a pinned sticky now, so there's no excuse....come one guys 'n' gals, at least have a go, its a cool game. cool10.gif

Ive downloaded both tracks...I just run out of time to listen and try to figure them out! By the time I do, someone's already won...lol!

I loved this game. Yes, it's hard, but for me, that was half the fun, a truely difficult challenge. It was fun and frustrating as someone else would come up with "the one clip" you just can't figure out, but you KNOW you know it!! wacko.gif

For me, it's a time thing. I haven't got any lately, it seems. Until just recently, I've been too busy to post anything like before. I'm only now just finding a bit of time to spend here other than a quick look(lurk).

If you have time and like a challenge, give it a try, you'll like it! biggrin.gif Or it'll drive you nuts! wacko.gif Or BOTH! I'll be back when I can, for sure.

QUOTE (A Companion Unobtrusive @ Dec 13 2004, 06:57 AM)
This seems fun, but I don't know how to find the samples!

Companion. The latest one has finished now. When Moonraker gets his act together laugh.gif and sorts another one out.....without silent bits!..... waffen093.gif you will see a post appear in the Games Section...it should also be a pinned item from now on. He will give a link to click on - just download the mpeg file to your PC. If you want to listen to the last one, go to the first posts on Name that Rush Tune #2 and look for Moonrakers post with the link in it. Have fun laugh.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 19 2005, 12:04 PM)
It came and went before I realised it was there doh.gif  fists crying.gif

Join the farging club Slaine.

I have 'complained' about this ( laugh.gif )

apparently its an awkward time to put on, say 12midday EST, which would mean the Western US (9am), and Europe (5-6pm) would all get a chance to listen to the clips, instead, I was giving it schla03.gif , as I expect you were, and Sfuentes had it all done and dusted before either of us could get into our nightmares. mad.gif Lo and behold, I get up Monday, trip off to work, log on at work at 7am, only to see "Congratulations Sfuentes" doh.gif

fists crying.gif

Anyway, heres to RR and Mooney moon.gif upyours.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Next time I will play if I can, I didn't know or wasn't here for the previous ones. It does seem a bit too difficult, so I voted to make it a smidgeon easier.

Rickyrob - I'm looking to make my own contest sometime in the near future. Since you complained that Moonraker's start time wasn't the best, do you have any recommendations - on a start time that would be best for most?

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 3 2004, 12:13 PM)
First of all...my computers an ass....and it interuppts all downloads possible so I have been lazy lately...in fact I think I will go and download it on the other computer and send it in an email or something..lol Just too lazy..be be posting guesses soon!

I will happily email it to anyone who needs it; I am sure Moon would too.

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 8 2005, 10:55 AM)
Next time I will play if I can, I didn't know or wasn't here for the previous ones. It does seem a bit too difficult, so I voted to make it a smidgeon easier.

Rickyrob - I'm looking to make my own contest sometime in the near future. Since you complained that Moonraker's start time wasn't the best, do you have any recommendations - on a start time that would be best for most?

cool.gif

Schro

Considering most people here on the forum are either in US/Canada or Europe, this covers about a 9-hour time difference (from western US -8 hr GMT to eastern Europe +1 hr GMT), I reckoned that the best time to cover everyone having a chance to view would be about 2.00pm EST. Over here in UK its about 7.00pm then (Europe 8pm). In western States its about 11.00am.