2007 - 10/16 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Ahoy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 11 2007, 02:33 PM)
Sod it, I'll get a taxi laugh.gif

My hotel's right near the Ahoy, apparently - The Best Western Art Hotel smile.gif

hey, that's not to far from ours...

we are staying at the New Ocean Paradise hotel. it looks nice and it's only 2km from ahoy!

wauw, it's gonna be awesome...2 night's rush in a row!!!! 653.gif

well see you there! 2.gif

Hey guys -

Someone told me my cell phone may not work that well without global roaming enabled so....

Rest assured we'll be at Coconuts drinking out of coconuts 4 hours before show time. If you can't reach us no worries, we'll be there!

Everyone have safe trips, and look forward to sharing some drinks with you.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Oct 11 2007, 07:18 PM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 11 2007, 02:33 PM)
Sod it, I'll get a taxi  laugh.gif 

My hotel's right near the Ahoy, apparently - The Best Western Art Hotel  smile.gif

hey, that's not to far from ours...

we are staying at the New Ocean Paradise hotel. it looks nice and it's only 2km from ahoy!

wauw, it's gonna be awesome...2 night's rush in a row!!!! 653.gif

well see you there! 2.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That means we can get lost together after the gig laugh.gif

Edit:

Btw, this is me (at the Rogers Centre in Toronto last month! biggrin.gif ):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/willowroolz/RogersCentre-1.jpg

So if you see someone looking vaguely like this, in a Rush t-shirt, wandering around Rotterdam looking lost, please point me in the right direction laugh.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 12 2007, 09:00 AM)

So if you see someone looking vaguely like this, in a Rush t-shirt, wandering around Rotterdam looking lost, please point me in the right direction  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

OK, we will point you in the right direction, straight to Coconuts biggrin.gif

We are getting so close, it's getting very hard for me to think about anything else...

Hope to see all you guys in Coconuts! trink39.gif

2.gif

Hey guys and gals!

Just finally got back to Canada this evening. Holland was an absolute blast, it was terrific to meet all of you and Rush was ASTOUNDING.

Long story short since I am hella exhausted... I chose the hotel we stayed at because I had a feeling Rush might stay there. Well... I had the best night of my night show 1 in Rotterdam. After the show I was hanging around outside the hotel having a smoke and seeing if Rush might show up when they DID. I got to quite quickly meet Alex and Geddy - say hello and get their autographs! No sign of Neil and I didn't ask but Geds and Alex were very nice and it was a dream come true to say hello - I hadn't ever met them before....

Anyways I lugged around an instant camera that night and have some great shots of our get-together at Coconuts that night so I'll post some later this week. Also my brother grabbed one of our MANY disposable cameras I had brought and snapped a picture of Geddy and Alex signing autographs for me but I'm not sure those shots turned out - I think I developed every roll of film we brought to Amsterdam and so far no sign of those pix. :c[

Anyways thanks all for the great night in Rotterdam and again it was great to meet everyone. Can't wait for that DVD to come out.

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 21 2007, 03:10 AM)
Hey guys and gals!

Just finally got back to Canada this evening.  Holland was an absolute blast, it was terrific to meet all of you and Rush was ASTOUNDING.

Long story short since I am hella exhausted...  I chose the hotel we stayed at because I had a feeling Rush might stay there.  Well... I had the best night of my night show 1 in Rotterdam.  After the show I was hanging around outside the hotel having a smoke and seeing if Rush might show up when they DID.  I got to quite quickly meet Alex and Geddy - say hello and get their autographs!  No sign of Neil and I didn't ask but Geds and Alex were very nice and it was a dream come true to say hello - I hadn't ever met them before....

Anyways I lugged around an instant camera that night and have some great shots of our get-together at Coconuts that night so I'll post some later this week.  Also my brother grabbed one of our MANY disposable cameras I had brought and snapped a picture of Geddy and Alex signing autographs for me but I'm not sure those shots turned out - I think I developed every roll of film we brought to Amsterdam and so far no sign of those pix.  :c[

Anyways thanks all for the great night in Rotterdam and again it was great to meet everyone.  Can't wait for that DVD to come out.

trink39.gif

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Oh my god, you actually got to meet Alex & Geddy!! That's amazing!! ohmy.gif

It was great meeting you in Rotterdam man! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 21 2007, 02:10 AM)
Hey guys and gals!

Just finally got back to Canada this evening. Holland was an absolute blast, it was terrific to meet all of you and Rush was ASTOUNDING.

Long story short since I am hella exhausted... I chose the hotel we stayed at because I had a feeling Rush might stay there. Well... I had the best night of my night show 1 in Rotterdam. After the show I was hanging around outside the hotel having a smoke and seeing if Rush might show up when they DID. I got to quite quickly meet Alex and Geddy - say hello and get their autographs! No sign of Neil and I didn't ask but Geds and Alex were very nice and it was a dream come true to say hello - I hadn't ever met them before....

Anyways I lugged around an instant camera that night and have some great shots of our get-together at Coconuts that night so I'll post some later this week. Also my brother grabbed one of our MANY disposable cameras I had brought and snapped a picture of Geddy and Alex signing autographs for me but I'm not sure those shots turned out - I think I developed every roll of film we brought to Amsterdam and so far no sign of those pix. :c[

Anyways thanks all for the great night in Rotterdam and again it was great to meet everyone. Can't wait for that DVD to come out.

trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky bar steward laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 21 2007, 03:10 AM)
Hey guys and gals!

Just finally got back to Canada this evening.  Holland was an absolute blast, it was terrific to meet all of you and Rush was ASTOUNDING.

Long story short since I am hella exhausted...  I chose the hotel we stayed at because I had a feeling Rush might stay there.  Well... I had the best night of my night show 1 in Rotterdam.  After the show I was hanging around outside the hotel having a smoke and seeing if Rush might show up when they DID.  I got to quite quickly meet Alex and Geddy - say hello and get their autographs!  No sign of Neil and I didn't ask but Geds and Alex were very nice and it was a dream come true to say hello - I hadn't ever met them before....

Anyways I lugged around an instant camera that night and have some great shots of our get-together at Coconuts that night so I'll post some later this week.  Also my brother grabbed one of our MANY disposable cameras I had brought and snapped a picture of Geddy and Alex signing autographs for me but I'm not sure those shots turned out - I think I developed every roll of film we brought to Amsterdam and so far no sign of those pix.  :c[

Anyways thanks all for the great night in Rotterdam and again it was great to meet everyone.  Can't wait for that DVD to come out.

trink39.gif

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

no way, It's almost imposible to believe that, but I take your word for it...

damn, I really wished I jointed you all for some more drinks after the show!!!

it must of been great to have a minute with them?!

well, it was nice meeting you all, in coconuts... maybe again in 3 years

2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 20 2007, 10:10 PM)
Hey guys and gals!

trink39.gif

NICE!! Glad you picked the right hotel and got to meet Geddy and Alex. Talk about a dream come true. I'm sure the show was excellent - and now we just have to wait for the DVD. With next year's shows scheduled, I'm sure we'll be waiting quite a while.

Hope those pictures come out and capture that moment.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Ahhhhh. Sadly enough it doesn't look as though the photos turned out. Looks like half the roll got completely zapped - all the photos after the bar.

Too bad I was so excited I went directly from arriving back home at the airport directly to a 1 hour photo place to have all 5 rolls of my film developed.

At the time I didn't even know my brother was taking any pictures he was sort of hanging back while I met Alex and Geddy. So they wouldn't have been awesome shots like actually posing with them, but it sure would have been a very nice souvenir - plus extra proof I actually met them especially for one fanatical friend of mine in Ottawa who probably won't believe me. Oh well.

Anyway when I get home from work today I'll be sure to scan the autographs and also the pictures of our group from the bar and post them here.

Monday... back to reality. Urgh!

smile.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Oct 22 2007, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 22 2007, 01:39 PM)
Monday... back to reality.  Urgh!

smile.gif

Ain't that the truth sad.gif

Although I did quit my job today laugh.gif

laugh.gif nice one!

I wish I could do the same...

the next day I needed to go back to school...it was a nightmare really, I was just sitting there like a vegetables, but with a big spark in my eyes!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 22 2007, 02:39 PM)
Ahhhhh. Sadly enough it doesn't look as though the photos turned out. Looks like half the roll got completely zapped - all the photos after the bar.

Too bad I was so excited I went directly from arriving back home at the airport directly to a 1 hour photo place to have all 5 rolls of my film developed.

At the time I didn't even know my brother was taking any pictures he was sort of hanging back while I met Alex and Geddy. So they wouldn't have been awesome shots like actually posing with them, but it sure would have been a very nice souvenir - plus extra proof I actually met them especially for one fanatical friend of mine in Ottawa who probably won't believe me. Oh well.

Anyway when I get home from work today I'll be sure to scan the autographs and also the pictures of our group from the bar and post them here.

Monday... back to reality. Urgh!

smile.gif

hey, looking forward to see them pics!

cool10.gif 2.gif cool10.gif

Okay folks - here are some Rotterdam pix. The picture quality could be better as we were armed only with disposable cameras - but I think these capture the moment pretty good.

Myself, ArrowSnake and bringer of balance.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/trf_holland_02.jpg

Myself and my buddy Bob.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/trf_holland_05.jpg

Myself and willowroolz

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/Godeater2112/trf_holland_04.jpg

Archived