2007 - 09/15 - Montreal, PQ - Bell Centre

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montreal's going to be a great show, they ripped in 04'! That was a great show and it really deserved to be filmed plus it would've been cool to see myself on a Rush dvd biggrin.gif .

This year, we should all make plans to meetup and share some good times! It's going to be a great run.

I am thinking of going to this show as I am wanting to go to London and Toronto so this is right in the middle. Any chance of going with any Trfer's????

Hi all

Even though I got the 13th row on Alex side during the presale, I wanted to try the public sale today.

I was able to get 2 tickets in section 101, row G on Admission website.

Now I'm wondering which pair of tickets should I keep. Both of them are great.

This will be my first Rush show.

Any suggestions on this ? Thx lol

QUOTE (IronPriest @ Apr 21 2007, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Apr 20 2007, 06:12 PM)
My biggest hope is that they'll play "Ghost of a Chance", my 2nd favourite song.  It sure would make my evening! 2.gif

Same for me, it's one of my favorite Rush song 1022.gif

It's a great song, isn't it? I rank it right up there with "Freewill", my no. 1 song. First Rush concert for me too, btw. 13th row, is it on the floor? If so, it's an awesome place to be! I would keep these, for sure! The other tickets are not bad either, better than what I already have anyway... eh.gif But...I get a chance to win front row tickets thanks to CHOM! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Montreal is one of those special places to see Rush - the fans there are amazing.

I'll definitely be there too - just haven't found adequate tickets yet. Last tour in Montreal I had third row dead centre so I am trying to beat my record or at least get seats as good as last time. smile.gif

Anyway Frankie you'll have an amazing time I'm sure!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 22 2007, 04:34 AM)
Montreal is one of those special places to see Rush - the fans there are amazing.

I'll definitely be there too - just haven't found adequate tickets yet. Last tour in Montreal I had third row dead centre so I am trying to beat my record or at least get seats as good as last time. smile.gif

Anyway Frankie you'll have an amazing time I'm sure!

Thanks, I believe it will be a night to remember! Good luck finding better tickets, let us know how it went! biggrin.gif

SCOTTISHDUDE -

I'm sure the discussion here will pick up a bit when we get closer to the day of the show - so all us yahoos can figure out what to do - where to meet up.

In the meantime if any Montrealers wander in here - can you recommend or remind us of one of the kickass bars right near the Bell Center that will be playing Rush and packed before the show? I am usually hammered and wander around until I find it so I can never remember. I know Les Cages is good - but whats the bigger place with the downstairs/basement area and that close to the venue?

SCOTTISH - n the meantime here is a hotel I stay at a couple times a year when I drive up from Ottawa. It's pretty cheap - simple and clean and super close to the concert venue (walking distance) and all the downtown bars and stuff:

http://www.lessuitesfaubourg.com/index

I'll be booking a room there for my group the night of the concert also.

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ May 16 2007, 01:08 PM)
Thanks Frankie7! We will have a good go at seeing most of the bars in Montreal in our short visit! trink38.gif

You're welcome! A Saturday night in downtown Montreal can be a little bit crazy, though, especially if there's a show (or a hockey game!! wacko.gif ), I'm sure there's going to be a lot of action just about everywhere in that area. Just be careful and have fun! smile.gif

For any of you who were looking for recommended hotels for the Montreal show - the one I mentioned before changed names so I thought I'd mention that.

Les Suites Fauborg is now Candlewood Suites Montreal. I've stayed at this place MANY times it is quite nice and close to all the action including the Rush concert.

The website is http://www.cwsmontreal.com/

I just booked a 1 bedroom suite (2 queen sized beds) for $159 Canadian. They also have 'studio' rooms with one less bed for 10 bucks cheaper.

Getting close to the show! Frig I can't wait!

Oh and a ticket update I managed to score 2nd row center floor - although it did pretty significant damage to the wallet.

:co

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Sep 10 2007, 01:22 PM)
Countdown!!! Well we will be on our plane for Montreal on Friday..arriving in the city about 7.30pm!!
Where is evryone heading for?? Dont let us scottish fellas drink alone!!! trink38.gif

I was just Googling around trying to find a big assed bar close to Bell Center where we can all meet up. Not having much luck so far though. Wish I knew the area better there are a pile of big bars such as the 'sports' chain Les Cage au Sports nearby. There is this one spot, wish I could remember the name of it.. very close by, two or three stories and the place is always blasting Rush music the day of the concert.

If anyone can remember the name of this palce (if it's still open) or if one of our Montreal fans could recommend something cool and fan-packed withina couple of blocks from the show that would be great.

ScottishDude - you guys staying at that hotel I mentioned before? Myself and my buddy are booked there. Hope to get to meet you guys! Five more days til Rush! Whooohooooo!

Archived