2007 - 09/09 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center

I was there for 2002s' Vapor Trails tour as well,but I think it was across the street at Target center.Has anyone been to both venues?

Preferences?

Counterparts show at Target center had terrible sound(echoing)problems that I attributed to poor seats.Up front floor seats for Vapor Trails proved to be a huge improvement as no sound issues were evident.

Bottom line for me-

Well worth any extra money to get the floor,preferably the 1st third.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Apr 1 2007, 05:31 PM)
I hopefully will be there. Does anyone know how much tickets will most likely cost?

Floor seats probably in the 70$ range I'd guess.

I'll be there! Excel is much much better than the Target Center. It'd be nice to see that thing almost full!

An Evening With

RUSH

Vapor Trails Tour

Target Center

Presented by KQRS

Sat Nov 2, 2002 7:30pm

FLR 2 Row14 Seat13

$62.50

There is an additional $6.16 charge on my old ticket stub so around $70.00 would be about right and a great deal today.

I'll be there with a large contingent from Thunder Bay and likely my entire family.

Question, What is the best seating option so my kids can see the show relatively easily? I'm thinking up the side, but I wonder if those in front of us are standing, how obstructed will my kids view be?

The boys will be 12 and 14. They both be running around the 5 foot 4 range when the concert happens. I'm thinking the floor is not an option (unless I scored front row, lol).

Opinions and thought welcomed, thanks.

I was at the Target Center for VT and Counterparts, and I've been to Excel once for a Hockey game. Very much looking forward to seeing Rush in Excel. Great venue!

It's confirmed. I've got 2 tickets for my dad and I, section 108, row 22. Here's the view:

http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/uploads/images/concert/sec118.jpg

I'm only 14, therefore about 5'8" so I might not be able to see on the floor, so this seems just about right. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 13 2007, 04:12 PM)
It's confirmed. I've got 2 tickets for my dad and I, section 108, row 22. Here's the view:

http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/uploads/images/concert/sec118.jpg

I'm only 14, therefore about 5'8" so I might not be able to see on the floor, so this seems just about right. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Lucky sob. I might be able to get some tickets tommorow!

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Apr 14 2007, 10:26 AM)
Its official I have tickets. Section 113, Row 16. Not the closest but hell I'm glad to have them.

That's the right attitude: You get to see the best rock band ever! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and my opinion only. No purchase necessary, see back of package for details.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 14 2007, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Apr 14 2007, 10:26 AM)
Its official I have tickets. Section 113, Row 16. Not the closest but hell I'm glad to have them.

That's the right attitude: You get to see the best rock band ever! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and my opinion only. No purchase necessary, see back of package for details.

Man, I know! I'm so effin excited.

I can't help but think that I screwed up here-

1st in line at the TM outlet at Macys' and I trusted that best available seats would get the floor.Now I wanted an odd number (5) of tickets and ended up with section 105 row 14.Not terrible but not great either.

Lesson learned-best available doesn't mean shit.Know the venue and seating chart and request what you want.Do not trust that the clerk is getting you what is really the best available seats.

QUOTE (clearingsky @ Apr 15 2007, 07:25 PM)
I can't help but think that I screwed up here-

1st in line at the TM outlet at Macys' and I trusted that best available seats would get the floor.Now I wanted an odd number (5) of tickets and ended up with section 105 row 14.Not terrible but not great either.
Lesson learned-best available doesn't mean shit.Know the venue and seating chart and request what you want.Do not trust that the clerk is getting you what is really the best available seats.

1. The more tickets you get the further back you sit

2. There was a presale last week, two in fact, and I'd imagine the majority of the floor seats were sold then.

Any idea on what to expect in terms of crowd size this time out? I'd like to think they'll get more than 10,000.

I know they got around 8,000 for VT, how many were at Counterparts? It seemed like a really big crowd from what I recall.

I wish there was a reliable way to see how many tix had been sold.

I'm just the curious sort is all.

I was just fooling around on ticketmaster to see what sort of seats I could come up with. Nothing on the floor at all, very few at the club level for more than 2 bodies...3 or more only offered obstructed seats from the side of the stage.

I am hopeful this means a very good crowd for this show. Good crowd = return trip in the future!

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 28 2007, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ May 26 2007, 06:53 PM)
I'm so pumped for this show, I get to take a day off school to see it! 1022.gif

Same here. Its too far off!!

We'll have to meet up at intermission... You gonna buy anything from the booth?

And did you look at the setlist?

Archived