2007 - 08/28 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 19 2007, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (groovetuber @ Aug 19 2007, 11:40 AM)
I'm sure this has already been established, but where is the pre-show meetup? It'd be cool to be able to meet some of you guys. I am most likely going to get to the show 3 hours or so before it starts. I get off school around 3:30 and I am just gonna leave from there. I think it's about an hour drive to DTE from where I am.

here's the info:

4:00PM

Ruby Tuesdays

6898 SASHABAW RD

CLARKSTON, MI 48348

Reservation for 15-20 is under:

SCOTT

See everyone there!!

i'll be coming from S. Lyon, so i expect it will take us both 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic, and how fast i drive laugh.gif

Bumped to show you

Is there anyone around the Ann Arbor, MI area that doesn't have anyone to go with to the show? I am having a hard time finding someone that is able to go to the show. I am definately gonna go no matter what, but I don't really wanna go by myself, especially since the venue is like an hour away. Let me know if any of you want to meet up ahead of time and drive up together.

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 27 2007, 01:20 PM)
just got an email from a myspace fan/friend. he won front row tix and meet n greet. c u guys tomorrow! when/where is the trf  meetup?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/lucky.jpg

See you tomorrow Ken! (OMG, another Ken!!!!)

QUOTE (sundog @ Aug 27 2007, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (moonstar @ Aug 27 2007, 09:37 PM)
Flying in Detroit Tues. A.M.  Hope to see you guys at Rubys.  My cell is
301-728-0185.

bekloppt.gif See you tomorrow. biggrin.gif

I'll be wearing this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/tank.jpg

I will most certainly be looking ! common001.gif

Am I the only one who still has not picked out my outfit?

Shorts...Jeans?

T-shirt...which one?

And the shoes...those darned shoes maybe my Converse Lakers Hi-tops?

Its easier getting dressed for a wedding. 2.gif

edit for directions:

If you are coming from the north, head South on M-15 to Left on Seymour Lake road (after Bullfrog's). Then go 2 miles to Right South on Sashabaw Road for 5 miles through a few curves, there will be a few more chances for Party Stores. Cross Clarkston Road at a light after a steep hill. get Ready to turn Left into the parking lot at the next light, try going in on the far left lane, then veer to the right to park in the first lot for an easy exit and a pretty fine party. 2.gif

OK, here at our hotel. We're staying at the Best Western in Lake Orion. It's a great place. $70/night. So we got here yesterday, and went to Ann Arbor to see Sharon's son. We had an awesome time.

Blonde is coming tonight??? Awesome.

Drove around the area today. Got some poster board for my sign (it's going to be cool). Drove by DTE and Ruby Tuesdays. Back at the hotel now to shower and get ready.

Just a couple hours and we'll be meeting fellow TRFers! Then on to the show.

2.gif is finally here!

QUOTE (moonstar @ Aug 27 2007, 09:37 PM)
Flying in Detroit Tues. A.M.  Hope to see you guys at Rubys.  My cell is
301-728-0185.

bekloppt.gif See you tomorrow. biggrin.gif

I'll be wearing this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/tank.jpg

ohmy.gif

SO WILL I!!!! ohmy.gif

How cool is that???

Oh wait... not the baby t. But something similar. laugh.gif

Wow!!! Just got back from the show. It was so incredible! I couldn't have asked for a better first Rush concert. 2 sets of extremely tight playing. Pearl's solo was awesome! Man, he is the most musical drummer I've ever heard...well...at least tied with Mike Portnoy. Anyway, awesome show! So glad I went, and I was able to find someone to go with me at the very last minute, so that was cool too. They played almost the whole Snakes and Arrows album, wow!

OK, back at the Best Western. I can honestly say this was the best concert ever, and it was an amazing night. I got to meet some awesome people from TRF and have an incredible story, which I will tell in the main tour section.

The guys sounded awesome tonight. I think there were some technical glitches going on; a guy came up behind Ged at one point & was changing the batteries or something in his wireless pack, then I saw Bucky come out and check Alex's during a song, to make sure his was ok. Neil cracked a cymbal, and there seemed to be a lot of scampering about on stage during the intermission. But, Geddy's voice sounded incredible tonight....solid and right on, all the way through. I thought the drum solo was amazing. Alex sounded fantastic. WOW. And the crowd never once sat down. We were on our feet all night long. Ladirushfan80 was right behind us, and we sang every song. We were in an amazing section, everyone was having a blast. And Sharon (the g/f) attended her first 2.gif concert tonight and she had an awesome time too.

Can't wait to see pictures from everyone. Thanks to ladi, sundog, digital man, necro & ceej, test, blonde77th & all the other TRFer's for being a part of this very awesome night.

I'd say the show last night flowed excellently. I took a bunch of pics from front row (i'll post tomorrow), 8 feet from alex's pedalboard, plus a pic from the meet n greet when they get uploaded to rush.com.

SunDog, I looked for ya when it was light but I couldn't see ya. After that it was a lost cause.

Hope you had a blast!!

tmd

I was in the front row on Ged's side tonight. Man did him and I play games w/each other during the whole show. During Tom Sawyer I made him laugh because when he said "his mind is not for rent" I pointed to my head(my mind of course) and shook my head with a very stern face.

Lil things like that between him and I and a few more people in the front row. What a set! I was blown away by his VOCALS.

The First mishap-Ged's monitor pack failed and the tech gave him a new one during "spindrift"

The Second-Ged was hoping across stage and that monitor pack fell off, so the tech came in real quick and gave him another, real pros!

I didn't notice the cracked cymbal. I was so fixated on Ged because we were literaly right in front of him. He makes great eye contact when playing. During Spindrift him and I stared each other down making the 'badass' face(when you play a badass part on an instrument, you make that face, musicians get it). This also happened during Subdivisions when he switched to his bass. His whole rig sounds WAY WAY BETTER THIS TIME-WAY BETTER

I especially liked the moment when Alex was walking over to our side, and he mouthed to someone in the front row with a funny face "I smell something...!

I also got to meet Ged and Alex which was neat, but hearded in, snap a photo. bla....

THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE BEEN TO-EVER-HANDS DOWN

Nice pics.

Super show.

I got a pick at the end of the show from a tech guy.

I looked for TRF'ers and had no luck, sorry I missed you all.

I was screaming LRF80 between sets.

Geddy flipped someone the bird (sideways) towards the end of the show...do any of you front rowers know why? 2.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Aug 29 2007, 01:37 PM)
Nice pics.
Super show.
Geddy flipped someone the bird (sideways) towards the end of the show...do any of you front rowers know why? 2.gif

Maybe cuz security was letting us take pics and movies all night of them? I actually felt like a jerk when I was aiming for a shot and alex got two feet in front of me. I'd doubt he appreciated that. The worst part is, I didn't get the pic!

Does anyone else know why ged would be pissed? I have no idea.

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Aug 29 2007, 02:37 PM)
Nice pics.
Super show.

first... nice pics TMD ! not bad for a cell phone!

eric!!!! you crack me up man!!! yelling for me.... i kept wondering how many people would actually recognize me... laugh.gif i'm sorry i didn't get to see you man!!!!

would ya'll like to see some of the pics i took???

I didn't see him flit the bird. At the last bar(like 5 seconds) of YYZ we ran out of the pit so we wouldn't be stuck in the parking lot for two hours.

I didn't see him flip the bird. I took a FEW pics of him, but not disrespectfully. He didn't mind, he was looking at my girlfriend and me A LOT during the show.

Just got home from Windsor...WHAT A FEW AWESOME DAYS!!! biggrin.gif 1022.gif

It was great to meet chaotica, sundog, digital man, ladi, Blondie and Cygnus The God Of Balance! It was great to hook up with Necro and Ceej again! Also ran into moonstar at the show!

sorry to all of the TRFers I missed at the show sad.gif

The show was awesome of course 2.gif This was my 3rd show this tour with the others being 2 months ago and I have to say the boys were pretty TIGHT. All around great performance. I personally didn't noticed any glitches but to me what is more important is how they adjust to them and keep on rocking (I recall Ged having problems with the back power pack thingie but forgot which song)

Thanks sundog and digital man for thinking of me when you had an extra ticket and for letting me stay at your home. Thanks to chaotica and her hubby Lou as well for letting me hang at their place before we all headed out to Detroit last night!

LOVE YOU GUYS! trink39.gif wub.gif 2.gif

Archived