2007 - 08/28 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Days Til...

LADICON!!! 1022.gif

A LONG ASS DAY AT THE BIG HOUSE on Saturday then...

MY VACATION BEGINS!!! biggrin.gif

moon.gif

I AM JUST KIDDING!!! wink.gif

I am so loking foward to hanging with everyone in

Detroit!!!

trink39.gif

Have any of you been to DTE before? I've lived in MI for over 4 years now and I still haven't been there, lol. Anyway, the reason I ask is I just wanna know how heavy security is. I bought a lawn ticket, but I am planning on making my way into the pavillion, haha.

awesome job Sunny on the updating of the map hon! wub.gif

YOU ROCK DOLL!!

1022.gif

groovetuber... i've been to DTE many many many times... but i know for a FACT that krlowe was there last night for Projekt Revolution.... i bet he could tell you a lot about the security there!!!!

HIJACK : ON :

hey krlowe... i watched the live broadcast on Myspace last night.... i looked for you man....

holy cow there were A LOT of people there!! looked like an awesome show. glad the weathre held out for ya'll....

ok, HIJACK : OFF : ... you may now return to the regualrly posted thread...already in progress........

Well security from the lawn to pavillion-SUPER TIGHT-the whole night as I walked toward backstage and to the drink stand and stuff people were getting THROWN back into the lawn-so prolly no luck there-

the show was INTENSE!!! We sat row H on the right, instead for Placebo, I asked the usher if we could sit in the front row because no one was there for Placebo and she let us for just that band! It was unreal! I didn't know it was broadcast on myspace! That is neat! The place was PACKED even the lawn was shoulder to shoulder-

TOP PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT

LINKIN PARK-1 st SHOW AND I WAS BLOWN AWAY

and

MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE!-One of the most entertaining bands out there! Check them out and see them live-I will upload pics here after work-

I got to meet LP and it was cool-Chester is really really nice-got them to autograph my limited edition MVI of Minutes to Midnight!

QUOTE (krlowe @ Aug 23 2007, 09:52 AM)
Well security from the lawn to pavillion-SUPER TIGHT-the whole night as I walked toward backstage and to the drink stand and stuff people were getting THROWN back into the lawn-so prolly no luck there-

the show was INTENSE!!! We sat row H on the right, instead for Placebo, I asked the usher if we could sit in the front row because no one was there for Placebo and she let us for just that band! It was unreal! I didn't know it was broadcast on myspace! That is neat! The place was PACKED even the lawn was shoulder to shoulder-

TOP PERFORMANCES OF THE NIGHT

LINKIN PARK-1 st SHOW AND I WAS BLOWN AWAY

and

MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE!-One of the most entertaining bands out there! Check them out and see them live-I will upload pics here after work-

I got to meet LP and it was cool-Chester is really really nice-got them to autograph my limited edition MVI of Minutes to Midnight!

:HIJACK ON:

most of what i watched on myspace last night was Linkin Park. they were definitely putting on a great show

my daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES MSI. they are her favorite band of all time. they were the main reason why she went to the revolution.... to see them. she has met Jimmy Urine countless times...

i agree that MSI is very entertaining. we went to toledo last fall to see them perform with 5 or 6 other bands. every other band pretty much sucked. MSI came on last, and they were, by far one of the best shows i've ever seen. jimmy never stops moving the whole time he's on stage man... but they do put on a fabulous show... i have to agree with you. i wrote a little blurb in the Music of the Spheres section of the board in concert reviews.

:HIJACK OFF:

i'm sure that security was a lot tighter last night because of the kind of show, the kind of people attending the show and because of how long that show was. i expect for a rush show, it may still be tight, but not nearly as tight that they would be throwing people out of the pavillion....

but then again... one never knows now, do they?

see ya next week !!

common001.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm excited about this to no end... but I have to FLY. scared.gif

Oh well... it's worth the fear just to hang out with Ladi in the BIG HOUSE, and party with Sunny and Digi and Chaotica and Blonde and Testy, and everyone else I'll be meeting up with out there. Oh yeah... and to see 2.gif for the FOURTH time this tour. 1022.gif

QUOTE (krlowe @ Aug 23 2007, 11:33 PM)
Cool! Where ya flying from?

We are flying from NY but we have to go to NY from Pa.

It is going to be a long day tomorrow but well worth it for the

2.gif show that we call...

LADICON!!! wub.gif

ladicon...

ya'll are tooo funny! laugh.gif

yeah, necro & CeeJ are coming to D-Town for a fun filled few days!!

which, if you've lived in michigan for any length of time, that is very hard to come by here!!!

ha ha ha

we got lucky! Necro is a HUGE UofM football fan, and they just so happen to be having their U of M fan day on saturday!! it's probably the only chance Necro would have had to actually step foot on the football field @ The Big House. i wouldn't have been able to get him in otherwise. we'll be able to meet the players and the coaches...and who knows what else!!! oh yeah... bashin at MY place afterward!! WOO HOO!!!!

then Sunday, we're going to the Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, MI. (this is an annual gig for me and my daughters)... i asked them if they'd be interested in doing something like that, and they said yes! common001.gif it will be muddy, but still a good time!

monday... not sure yet during the day, but monday night we're going to Mexican Town for some awesome food! i wish we had time to go up by where CTGOB lives... go up and see the soo locks or something... but that's a 4 hour drive.. one way... just not enough time in the day man....

and tuesday... shit... what the HELL are we going to do on that day you guys?????

OH! i know!!! ya'll wanna go and check out the 2.gif show in town?

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 24 2007, 08:10 AM)
ladicon...
ya'll are tooo funny!  laugh.gif

which, if you've lived in michigan for any length of time, that is very hard to come by here!!!
ha ha ha

we got lucky!  Necro is a HUGE UofM football fan, and they just so happen to be having their U of M fan day on saturday!!  it's probably the only chance Necro would have had to actually step foot on the football field @ The Big House.  i wouldn't have been able to get him in otherwise.  we'll be able to meet the players and the coaches...and who knows what else!!! oh yeah... bashin at MY place afterward!! WOO HOO!!!!

then Sunday, we're going to the Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, MI.  (this is an annual gig for me and my daughters)... i asked them if they'd be interested in doing something like that, and they said yes!  common001.gif  it will be muddy, but still a good time!

monday... not sure yet during the day, but monday night we're going to Mexican Town for some awesome food!  i wish we had time to go up by where CTGOB lives... go up and see the soo locks or something... but that's a 4 hour drive.. one way... just not enough time in the day man....

and tuesday... shit... what the HELL are we going to do on that day you guys?????
OH!  i know!!!  ya'll wanna go and check out the 2.gif show in town?

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Sounds like you'll have a blast...there will be lots of pictures right... laugh.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 24 2007, 07:10 AM)
ladicon...
ya'll are tooo funny! laugh.gif

ha ha ha

we got lucky! Necro is a HUGE UofM football fan, and they just so happen to be having their U of M fan day on saturday!! it's probably the only chance Necro would have had to actually step foot on the football field @ The Big House. i wouldn't have been able to get him in otherwise. we'll be able to meet the players and the coaches...and who knows what else!!! oh yeah... bashin at MY place afterward!! WOO HOO!!!!

then Sunday, we're going to the Michigan Renaissance Festival in Holly, MI. (this is an annual gig for me and my daughters)... i asked them if they'd be interested in doing something like that, and they said yes! common001.gif it will be muddy, but still a good time!

monday... not sure yet during the day, but monday night we're going to Mexican Town for some awesome food! i wish we had time to go up by where CTGOB lives... go up and see the soo locks or something... but that's a 4 hour drive.. one way... just not enough time in the day man....

OH! i know!!! ya'll wanna go and check out the 2.gif show in town?

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

If you want, I'll bring you a picture of the Soo Locks.... rofl3.gif.

Anyway, we're leaving Monday morning, and staying at the Best Western in Lake Orion. It was pretty inexpensive, and relatively close. We plan on being down there by 3pm. We're going to try to have dinner with Sharon's (my g/f) 20 year old son that night. I have to be in the room at 715 for my fantasy football draft...then nothing until 4 on Tuesday, when we get to meet you at Ruby Tuesdays. We're going to spend the night and head back some time Wednesday afternoon.

Where is everyone else staying?

After the Indy show I'll be driving to Detroit on Monday and staying at the Motel 6 in Auburn Hills. I'll be at Ruby Tuesdays by 4 on Tues and then over to the lot for a bit. I'll also have the Rushtour banner with me that has made it to every show on this tour so far (with the exception of SLC sad.gif ) if anyone would like to sign the back and get some pics. smile.gif

Ill be staying at my home! IN JACKSON! like 2 hours away-plus waiting in the parking lot afterward-2 hours-

I went to Projekt Revolution(whole other story) and left 2 songs early soI could beat the traffic. When I saw Incubus there we didn't leave until the last song and was stuck in the parking lot--

FOR 2 HOURS

I won't leave Rush early, HELL NO!

So like a 4 hour drive home-

If you are coming from west michigan and having travelled there 2 times this summer, take US-23 north to M-59 east and head in to Clarkston that way. It is a lot less hassle, prettier drive, and best of all it avoids I-75- wink.gif

Archived