2007 - 08/11 - Dallas, TX - Smirnoff Music Centre

QUOTE (Clark3934 @ Mar 27 2007, 05:09 PM)
I'll be there. Section 101, Row D. Who will I get to meet? laugh.gif

By the way, what's a good hotel to stay in nearby that's not too pricey?

I don't know of any specific hotels, but I know there are plenty of them in the area. You'll have no problem trink39.gif

^

Trust me, you don't want any hotel that's TOO nearby, it's not a great neighborhood. Anything around downtown won't be exactly cheap either. I'd look for something along either 35 or 75 depending on which you'll be coming down, both lead right to fair park (where the smirnoff is) and it'll make your navigation easier. The further north you stay, the cheaper it'll be usually. If you show up a couple hours early, you can get into the west parking lot free. I usually see the same group there every tour and we play frisbee and hackey sack until the sound check. You're more than welcome to join us.

Well, I just bettered my seat by 10 rows with ticketbastard, so I now have a sec 102, row u, seat 21 ticket available for my cost. It's just about where I was for R-30 and is a pretty darn good view on Al's side. If anyone's interested let me know.

Right on. That's a really bad neighborhood. As in the folks living around there turn their lawns into parking lots and steel your hub caps. Anyway for hotels I know my way around town well--Smirnoff is just off I30 so you can go East and the next suburb about 10 minutes out (Mesquite) has lots of new AmeriSuites and places like that.

Alternately, go West on I30 and stay downtown in a nicer place with an attended lobby like the AdamsMark.

Either of these should be no more $20-30 cab ride from the venue if you're planning on boozing.

Do NOT stay in the city except for the north side of downtown--go to a suburb. Also, if you don't know the city I don't advise staying in a suburb North of Downtown as its very easy to get lost.

QUOTE (Between the wheels @ Apr 2 2007, 08:38 PM)
Right on. That's a really bad neighborhood. As in the folks living around there turn their lawns into parking lots and steel your hub caps. Anyway for hotels I know my way around town well--Smirnoff is just off I30 so you can go East and the next suburb about 10 minutes out (Mesquite) has lots of new AmeriSuites and places like that.
Alternately, go West on I30 and stay downtown in a nicer place with an attended lobby like the AdamsMark.
Either of these should be no more $20-30 cab ride from the venue if you're planning on boozing.
Do NOT stay in the city except for the north side of downtown--go to a suburb. Also, if you don't know the city I don't advise staying in a suburb North of Downtown as its very easy to get lost.

I've parked on the same old couple's lawn for more than a decade now, and have never had a problem. I HIGHLY recommend doing this over waiting to get in and out of the parking lots for an hour. The old folks can use the money and you'll save yourself alot of time.

If you plan on getting there early, you can get in the west parking lot for free if you take the back way off of Robert B Cullem. That's where the pre-concert tailgating is at it's best.

Me and my entourage will be at the Dallas show - Section 101, Row U...

I know its early, but let us know where the pre-concert party / gathering will be!

Hope to see you all there! trink39.gif

OK. We really need to start thinking about having a get together before the show. I'm going to check out RFIT (Rush Fans in Texas) to see if they have anything brewing for the Dallas show. Otherwise, I'd be glad to organize something.

We're gonna have a blast!!!!! 1022.gif

All I know is that you guys in Dallas know how to throw a Rush Pre-Show party! I went to one last time at a club somewhere (can't remember the name), and the club completely catered to the Rush fans, playing only Rush music and videos, and they even had several Rush Tribute bands perform! I hope you guys in Dallas organize something like that again! 1022.gif

I think I was at the club for at least 4 hours... the whole day was one big Rush event! After leaving the club, we went to the venue, and tailgated in the parking lot, and we even got to hear the soundcheck!

Looking foward to the Dallas show, and the pre-show festivities (keep us posted)...

Hope to see you all there! trink39.gif

QUOTE (bytorcygnus @ Jun 24 2007, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jun 23 2007, 10:51 PM)
Well I found this

http://www.rushrocks.com/

But there doesn't seem to be anything there yet.  confused13.gif

Interesting..................... 653.gif

Still nothing there. wtf.gif

I need to get motivated and find out where the party is! I'll update you guys when I figure out what's going on. trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 17 2007, 08:19 AM)
Well I found this

I need to get motivated and find out where the party is! I'll update you guys when I figure out what's going on. trink39.gif

Cool! SS is on the job. Things will start happening now. Prepare to party! 653.gif

QUOTE (steven18979 @ Jul 18 2007, 02:11 PM)
i have section 204 4c 5c 6c are these seats any good. never been to smirnoff center before how early do you have to get there for sound check, and free parking in west parking lot..

Those seats are kind of middling.... You could have done worse for sure. The sound should be great there though. I usually get to the W parking lot between 5-6, and the north entrance to it has always still been open and unattended. If you get there then you'll have no problem catching the soundcheck. Just watch for the tailgaters starting to gather near the fence. If you need more exact directions let me know and I'll try to PM them to you.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 18 2007, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (steven18979 @ Jul 18 2007, 02:11 PM)
i have section 204 4c 5c 6c are these seats any good. never been to smirnoff center before how early do you have to get there for sound check, and free parking in west parking lot..

Those seats are kind of middling.... You could have done worse for sure. The sound should be great there though. I usually get to the W parking lot between 5-6, and the north entrance to it has always still been open and unattended. If you get there then you'll have no problem catching the soundcheck. Just watch for the tailgaters starting to gather near the fence. If you need more exact directions let me know and I'll try to PM them to you.

yes if you could pm. me directions it would be great.. i will be coming in from east texas hwy.20.. thanks in advance for the info

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 18 2007, 07:10 PM)
Well I found this

Cool! SS is on the job. Things will start happening now. Prepare to party! 653.gif

Looks like the party info is now listed on the http://www.rushrocks.com site at Rob Billiards in Euless, Tx

QUOTE (Hemisteve @ Jul 31 2007, 11:21 AM)
Looks like the party info is now listed on the http://www.rushrocks.com site at Rob Billiards in Euless, Tx

Are there going to be any other gatherings... preferably one closer to the show??? How bad is traffic going to be from Euless to Smirnoff?? TIA!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hemisteve @ Jul 31 2007, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 18 2007, 07:10 PM)
Well I found this

Damn! That's right by me. ohmy.gif Let me consult the hubby, and maybe we can fire up the smoker for ribs n' brisket before hand. It's going to be MY birthday, so I can demand it! 1287.gif

And, rushbass... Euless is NOWHERE near the venue. But, it's not difficult to get to downtown from over here. I suggest we leave early, though.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 31 2007, 09:06 PM)

Damn! That's right by me. ohmy.gif Let me consult the hubby, and maybe we can fire up the smoker for ribs n' brisket before hand. It's going to be MY birthday, so I can demand it! 1287.gif

NO WAY!!! The Dallas show is on your birthday?!?!?! Too cool. The Toronto show is on my birthday, but me making it is about as likely as my getting a personal invitation from the boys. Since I'm coming from Kaufman Co., looks like I'll be tailgating it as usual. Dang! First I miss the homemade pasta, now the brisket! rage.gif Oh well, it's all about 2.gif anyway.

BTW, it was nice meeting you in VEGAS BABY!!!!! Oh, and if brisket's what you want, never, never, never give up! 1287.gif

Archived