2007 - 08/08 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Awesome! Can't wait. My buddy and I are leaving straight after work and heading up I-70 for the true RUSH hour(s)!!!!

It's gonna be a great show, have fun everyone!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 1 2007, 04:57 PM)
Remember the tailgate is in the Upper North Lot. Bring your own food and drink. We will have bbq's to cook on.

Made plans with my buddy for the show. We look to be showing up early and enjoying dinner and a couple cold ones before the show. We'll probably be looking for the tailgate in the Upper North Lot. Any word as to how we will know who you guys are?

Should we look for beer drinkers wearing Rush t-shirts?

Someone play Rush songs from their vehicle?

How, I ask, HOW!? wink.gif 2.gif

...I can't believe it...6 daze n' countin'...

...I have been fortunate enuf to have seen Rush a few times over the years and thru the daze...

...Tours that I caught include...Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echo, Vapor Trails (twice)...and R30 at Red Rocks...yes, indeed...

...I do recall hearing that when Rush perform'd at Red Rocks in '04 it was their first time doing so...also that same tour it was the first time they had ever play'd the Hollywood Bowl...I distinctly remember readin' sumwhere that Geddy thought Red Rocks rock'd...well, of course...this venue brings magic to the table once "any" band begins to play...it's like this bubble n'closes the venue and creates sparks of magic everywhere...simply put I can't think of any other venue I would rather see a show at...I have seen alot of shed(amphitheatre) shows[like Fiddler's Green in Englewood, Co....and lots of sports arena shows, too...and between sun n' moon nuttin' compares to my home away from home...Red Rocks Amphitheatre...can u feel the buzz...damn I know I can....

...I will be sendin' smoke signals from my seat in the 36th row...not rescue smoke signals or even warning smoke signals...no, actually it will be smoke signals of thc driftin' up into the Colorado night sky...

...I have had a rather chaotic and bummer of a year so far...almost lost my step-father to staph infection after a routine procedure at a loco hospital went south...and then to top it all off I went to the aid of my mother who is raising my deceased bro's two kids and in the effort to extract them two kids who are 14 n' 15 from a known convict's house becuz' of duly noted meth n' coke issues in that home...I went off at the door...got push'd off a porch...and I lost my temper and went back for that punk of a convict and proceed'd to waylay on his pathetic existence...then I was double n' then triple team'd...suffice to say I got my ass kick'd...and to top it off...not only did those freaks get assualt charges...but so didn't I...isn't life grand...to think that right before I went to the aid of my mother...I was sippin' ice cold tea on my front porch listenin' in great anticipation to some Rush...I believe it was Moving Pictures...ah, such is this crazy-ass life...was really concern'd that court dates and/or jail time mite throw a wrench in my Rush concert plans...however, after careful instructions from close friends n' family I pled not guilty and ask'd for a trial by jury...hence, my court date is not until Oct...so...in fact...I will be there...seat 62 row 36...like to meet any of you here that are like-mind'd Rush fans...'til then...I will manage to keep myself out of trouble...lol

DC bolt.gif

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Aug 2 2007, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 1 2007, 04:57 PM)
Remember the tailgate is in the Upper North Lot.  Bring your own food and drink.  We will have bbq's to cook on.

Made plans with my buddy for the show. We look to be showing up early and enjoying dinner and a couple cold ones before the show. We'll probably be looking for the tailgate in the Upper North Lot. Any word as to how we will know who you guys are?

Should we look for beer drinkers wearing Rush t-shirts?

Someone play Rush songs from their vehicle?

How, I ask, HOW!? wink.gif 2.gif

Yep you should just look for a bunch of people partying in Rush shirts

rofl3.gif I'm sure we'll be the only ones doing that. tongue.gif Really though the tailgate was supposed to start around 3 and I've seen more people saying they will show up at noon or 1o'clock. Don't forget your food and drinks. And cameras to take pictures of the touring banner. Looking forward to seeing you there.

OK!! Back in Colorado after a short vacation to Sacramento. Stayed at a hotel in Yuba City where a bunch a Rush fans came rolling in at about 11:30. Sounds like they had a good time.

Anyhow. We are planning on leaving Colorado Springs around 2 which should put us in Red Rocks around 4.

The Red Rocks site says "What time do the gates open?

For most shows the gates to the Amphitheatre open 90 minutes prior to the show time printed on your tickets. The parking lots open 30 minutes prior to the Amphitheatre gates."

Is this true for the Rush show?

Someone save me a spot near the Tailgate. I have a DVD player in my car that will be featuring the R30 DVD.

QUOTE (SlackJaw Gazer @ Aug 7 2007, 04:26 PM)
Now not leaving until 3. Should be there by 5. Anyone still going?

There are quite a few folks going to be there around 3 or so. The Upper North Lot it is

QUOTE (SlackJaw Gazer @ Aug 7 2007, 07:40 AM)
OK!! Back in Colorado after a short vacation to Sacramento.  Stayed at a hotel in Yuba City where a bunch a Rush fans came rolling in at about 11:30.  Sounds like they had a good time. 

Anyhow. We are planning on leaving Colorado Springs around 2 which should put us in Red Rocks around 4. 

For most shows the gates to the Amphitheatre open 90 minutes prior to the show time printed on your tickets. The parking lots open 30 minutes prior to the Amphitheatre gates."

Someone save me a spot near the Tailgate.  I have a DVD player in my car that will be featuring the R30 DVD.

Well, I will have to call Red Rocks because I never heard the lots would open 30 minutes before the amphitheatre does. Because it is an actual park the amph. will not open until 6:30 and I spoke to someone who works there and he says tailgating in the lot happens for hours before a show. For R30- I sat in a lot from 5:00 pm. on and heard soundcheck. The lots were all open at that time. There's a guy from Cp showing up at noon. I wil find out info in the am, about lot hours pm me if you have questions or if you want my#.

Cindy

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 7 2007, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (SlackJaw Gazer @ Aug 7 2007, 07:40 AM)
OK!! Back in Colorado after a short vacation to Sacramento.  Stayed at a hotel in Yuba City where a bunch a Rush fans came rolling in at about 11:30.  Sounds like they had a good time. 

Someone save me a spot near the Tailgate.  I have a DVD player in my car that will be featuring the R30 DVD.

Well, I will have to call Red Rocks because I never heard the lots would open 30 minutes before the amphitheatre does. Because it is an actual park the amph. will not open until 6:30 and I spoke to someone who works there and he says tailgating in the lot happens for hours before a show. For R30- I sat in a lot from 5:00 pm. on and heard soundcheck. The lots were all open at that time. There's a guy from Cp showing up at noon. I wil find out info in the am, about lot hours pm me if you have questions or if you want my#.

Cindy

I IM'ed Greycat and he says the site is not entirely accurate and that it should be open. Wife couldn't get off work any earlier so we'll get up there eventually. I bought some red balloons to pass out. Just about 8 hours to showtime!!

The lot was open and we had at least 150 people tailgating. Nobody ever hassled us and we even gave the guy directing parking water so he wouldn't hassle us. Met a lot of cool people including RUSHEAD666, Ninerbj and Robertkincaid as well as people from various other boards. The show was AMAZING and I was so close! Ged and Al spent a lot of time together playing right in front of me. I did see a few red balloons which is what slackjaw wanted to have us all release as they played mission. GREAT TIME GREAT SHOW!

So that was why the red balloons came out.

I missed the tailgate due to an amazing golf game I was playing earlier. Got to my seats about 20 mins till showtime and ROCKED MY FACE OFF>

Archived