2007 - 08/08 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

Since this show sold out so fast I assume there will be a few of us there. I will be coming up from Colorado Springs so we are going to head up a bit early to fight the traffic and try to get there at 6 when the gates open. We plan to have dinner at the Skip Rock Grille. We ate there for the Zombie/Godsmack show and it was a bit pricey but very good. What is everyone else planning?

I'm going up earlier than that. I found out where the tour buses/limos are at and I'd like to try to get an autograph as well as maybe hear soundcheck while waiting in line.

I'm down for a meet up. Really wanted to catch this venue on the R30 tour, but settled for the 3 TX shows. Now Red Rocks is my local venue--even though I'll be coming in from north central WY--its the closest.

And I remember reading comment from Geddy about how much he was digging on the RR show and that crowd.

I will be leaving work in the Fort Collins area at noon and hooking up with my buddy in south Denver. Then we will head out and probably bring some snacks and beers and "Tailgate" a little bit. Can't wait for the show!

(I am excited about August because the Broncos start training too...!)

After a shitty spring, I am expecting and GREAT summer!

QUOTE (ninerbj @ May 9 2007, 04:49 PM)
My wife and I will be there too!  Coming from Sioux Falls.
Anyone have a hotel idea for me?

Also...where is  Skip Rock Grille?

Not sure about a hotel but Skip Rock Grille is inside Red Rocks on the upper level.

ETA: Talking with my wife and friend that are going we are also up for a tailgate as well. We are probably going to park at the Upper South Lot. MAP

How bout we all plan on a little tailgate meet in the upper south lot then. Anyone up for this?

Oh, and does anyone have any hotel ideas for me...close to the venue if possible?

Welcome back Red Rocks Crew!!

Aug 8th is just around the corner (i know, it seems a long way away sad.gif )

and I would like to get together with as many forum members as possible.

So, here's what I have planned for now (subject to change)

SOUTH UPPER LOT tailgate party!

If you can give me a yes, no, or "i'll give it some thought" ...then maybe I could set something up for rockin great pre-concert/soundcheck good times before the show.

Lets see a SHOW OF HANDS who might be up for some tailgate goodness.

Anyone?

p.s. nobodys hero, you can't wait for them forever ya know. wink.gif ..join us?

Sounds like a plan! We got there very early for R30 and we could hear the sound check, very cool. I'm hearing the sound check was about 2 hours before the show, so I know we will be there about 5ish. I have a truck that we can hang out in the back of until we get to our seats. I'll try to work this out with folks on RT and maybe Rushgirl from CP

Ninerbj I requested that info for you and will let you know when I get it. The party is still trailing the band right now.

I'm still going to go up there (hopefully this week, majorly hot here right now) and take photos from seats to the stage and e-mail a photo to you if I have your seat info.

Rush On!

I'm flying from Australia to see this. My first show in 15 years.

What a venue, too.

My family is all moving out that way, so I'm going to be spending a lot more time in Denver in the future. I think I can get used to seeing concerts at that place.

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jun 21 2007, 06:27 AM)
I'm flying from Australia to see this. My first show in 15 years.

What a venue, too.

My family is all moving out that way, so I'm going to be spending a lot more time in Denver in the future. I think I can get used to seeing concerts at that place.

We all look forward to meeting you. Rush on!

My buddy and I will give it some thought. We're still working with schedules for work that day and stuff. We look to hang out, have a couple beers and listen to some Rush in the parking lot before the show.

I think we'll probably be there to meet up with one and all.

I have someone checking to see if they allow tailgating. It is a state park and I want to make sure we won't have any trouble hanging out. I have a banner I will be bringing from Salt Lake and everyone can sign it. It's travelling around to all the Rush shows. I will update this thread as soon as I know anything.

I have a great idea for us to do during the show. I want this to be exclusive to Red Rocks and the more people we can get to paticipate the cooler it will be. It's nothing huge but I think it would be awesome. I would like to run it by someone else and see what they think. If you can promise not to leak it PM me. Otherwise for now I am going to just keep you all in suspense. For now lets all just plan on meeting and I'll reveal it closer to the show, probably the day before. I will provide the supplies, all you have to do is show up to the parking lot party.

EDIT: Nobodys Hero responded with PM. We'll work out the details and let you know if it's a go or not.

Looks like the tailgate will start around 3pm in the Upper North Lot. Bring whatever you want to eat/drink. If you are a local bring a bbq and lawn chairs if you can. Anyone who is unable to bring food/drinks let me know.

Archived