2007 - 07/25 - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Mar 29 2007, 06:33 PM)
This one is looking good for me.. Davey, you're buying the brewskies

then it's on to Vegas.

i was afraid to offer you all the cold ones you can drink for fear of being turned down eh.gif

so consider your ass taken care of 653.gif when you get down here! trink38.gif & don't hesitate to crash over here in LONG BEACH if you need to save some $$$ b4 vegas.

thanks again & good looking out last tour. irvine was a really good show. jarad and i had a blast during xanadu eh.gif biggrin.gif

I'm so psyched! I got tickets (in the 77.50 section), in front of Geddy, like 3 rows back, but in the second section back, so probably more like 25-30 rows back. Still, my first Rush show. I'm totally pumped.

Well, 2.gif Tickets went on sale officially this morning at 10:00 am here in Los Angeles. The anticipation of another Tour is a great time. I got two tickets in orch 2 row E or better, and if a single in the pit, row 1,2 or 3 becomes available, I'll get that instead. See you there! 1022.gif

Irvine is a great place to see 2.gif I don't really have an explanation. I mean The Forum back in the late 70's and early 80's were the only place in Los Angeles to see them and the place sucked. I never had front row there so that would have helped. But, Irvine is kind of out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden it appears from the freeway, an open air black temple of ghost echoes from your old 2.gif concert memories. I just recieved by e-mail a photo of Jack Black at the Irvine R30 show taken by Neil Pearts' friend. He was summoned by Neil to take the photo because Andrew was not there that night. I was 3rd row about 5 ft. to the left of that. According to the story, Geddy and Alex did not know about Jack running onstage during 2112 and Neil wanted a picture taken of it. You can see Neil cracking up as Jack Black does the butt crack starman pose on the dryers. Do you remember the three girls taking out the clothes in mini skirts? Geddy had to walk over and block one of the girls who were all wearing G- strings. cat.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Apr 22 2007, 09:14 AM)
Irvine is a great place to see 2.gif I don't really have an explanation. I mean The Forum back in the late 70's and early 80's were the only place in Los Angeles to see them and the place sucked. I never had front row there so that would have helped. But, Irvine is kind of out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden it appears from the freeway, an open air black temple of ghost echoes from your old 2.gif concert memories. I just recieved by e-mail a photo of Jack Black at the Irvine R30 show taken by Neil Pearts' friend. He was summoned by Neil to take the photo because Andrew was not there that night. I was 3rd row about 5 ft. to the left of that. According to the story, Geddy and Alex did not know about Jack running onstage during 2112 and Neil wanted a picture taken of it. You can see Neil cracking up as Jack Black does the butt crack starman pose on the dryers. Do you remember the three girls taking out the clothes in mini skirts? Geddy had to walk over and block one of the girls who were all wearing G- strings. cat.gif 1022.gif

yeah, I remember all that like it happened yesterday. If you have that photo, you should post it in here. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I don't think I ever saw that picture anywhere else. It just may be an exclusive unless someone has a boot or cell photo.... The guy who took it is a professional photographer and a really cool person. I saw him the other day and made his lunch, he said, "Two more weeks!" ( for the album) and he said I hope they get me a ticket" I said yeah, "All Areas" He's the one who told me over two months ago that there would be three instrumentals... much to the disbelief of some posters here.

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jul 3 2007, 06:26 PM)
One of the best things that you will witness and archive. 2.gif 1022.gif

I think that you are just trying to get more fans to the show...

What do you know that we don't?

Tell me, don't show me!!!

Irvine is a b@tch to get to on a Wednesday. But if I need to, I will...

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Jul 3 2007, 10:16 PM)
One of the best things that you will witness and archive.  2.gif  1022.gif

yeah it was spinkling there last time, too. i always enjoy cutting into the traffic at the last second when i get off the freeway: there's always an opening. east coast skills i tell you.

this method works when getting into the venue cause there ain't no way i'm going to wait in live forever when there's mass tailgating to be done.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jul 7 2007, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Jul 3 2007, 10:16 PM)
One of the best things that you will witness and archive.  2.gif  1022.gif

yeah it was spinkling there last time, too. i always enjoy cutting into the traffic at the last second when i get off the freeway: there's always an opening. east coast skills i tell you.

this method works when getting into the venue cause there ain't no way i'm going to wait in live forever when there's mass tailgating to be done.

That was you???!!! That really pissed me off...

(Actually, I probably right behind you doing the same thing. biggrin.gif )

Daveyt, where's the pre-show meet up??? I know there is a Dave & Busters right there in like an outdoor mall. There is also a bar/restaurant where I stopped in last time...

Where we gunna meet? Or is it parking lot only?

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jul 11 2007, 04:37 PM)
Daveyt, where's the pre-show meet up??? I know there is a Dave & Busters right there in like an outdoor mall. There is also a bar/restaurant where I stopped in last time...

Where we gunna meet? Or is it parking lot only?

I think there's a Fox sports bar down the street. that could be a cool pre-hang.

Archived