2007 - 07/08 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jun 18 2007, 11:16 AM)
The last time I was at PNC, I didnt try to bring a camera in. This time, I want to. Anyone know if this venue is ok with cameras? I guess my question is, "Will they strip search or confiscate if they see me taking pics?"

bumper.gif anyone know the camera rules at PNC?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the camera policy at PNC, but I do know that people bring them in. I've seen a gazillion shows there, and I always see at least a handful of people with a small digital. I guess if you have a small digital camera, when you go through security, tell them it's a cell phone when they hit your pants pocket.

As for the MSG show, I'll be there early enough. I'm going straight from where I work in Hoboken. The pre-show crowds over at Stout on 33rd Street are pretty good. They always play a DVD from the band that's playing at the Garden. They had the G-N-R DVD up on the big screens with the music blasting for their show back in October. I'm curious as to what they'd choose for the Rush show. Probably R30. But, anything is fine with me. The only drawback to this place is that it gets very crowded. It would be tough to have a group of people meet up there.

Anyway, I'll post this info on the MSG thread. Enjoy the show at PNC folks!!!

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jun 19 2007, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jun 18 2007, 11:16 AM)
The last time I was at PNC, I didnt try to bring a camera in.  This time, I want to.  Anyone know if this venue is ok with cameras?  I guess my question is, "Will they strip search or confiscate if they see me taking pics?"

bumper.gif anyone know the camera rules at PNC?

It was just on the news that PNC has increased the security recently but more for problems with teenage drinking.

I think they may have a web site to see about the camera policy. I have never brought one nor have I ever seen anyone with one.

Humm to bad I don't have a camera phone sad.gif

Yeah, there is now a uniformed and plainclothes police presence at PNC. I believe they selected about 11 shows where the crowd is likely to be a younger crowd. The first was the Fall Out Boy concert on June 9th. They arrested about 49 kids. It was mentioned in the Asbury Park Press that although the police are specifically targeting shows that cater to the under-21 crowd, they will step up their efforts to enforce the law at other shows as well.

Regarding cameras, I found this on the Live Nation PNC site:

For the safety and comfort of all of our guests as well as the artist performing, the following items are prohibited:

No sharp or dangerous items

No laser pointers

No professional cameras

No audio or video recording devices

No coolers

No cans or bottles

QUOTE (Natch @ Jun 20 2007, 03:13 PM)

Regarding cameras, I found this on the Live Nation
For the safety and comfort of all of our guests as well as the artist performing, the following items are prohibited:

No sharp or dangerous items
No laser pointers
No professional cameras
No audio or video recording devices
No coolers
No cans or bottles

all it takes is ONE asshole to ruin it for everyone 1022.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jun 18 2007, 04:15 PM)
I cant help you with the ticket question, but if it helps I have heard many stories about people getting lucky at the ticket window (Will Call) and getting great seats right before the show.

As for the transportation, the PNC Bank Arts center is approximately an hour ride / drive from Staten Island.  You can check bus schedules online - but you will probably have the most success if you travel from New York City's Port Authority to the PNC Bank Arts center, as Academy Bus has a regular route between Port Authority and PNC.  Click Here and search for PNC.

The ride is pretty straightforward, straight down the Garden State Parkway South to Exit 116.

Good luck and hope you get your tickets.  By the way, there are available seats on broker sites for about $50 - $100 markup.

Thanks for help

I checked Academy bus as You suggested, but they aren't running their service to PNC on Sundays at all. I've found another option: NJ transit train from Penn station in New York to Matawan station and from there PNC provides free bus to the venue, so I think I will have no problems with getting there, although returning after the show to Staten Island via Manhattan will be tiring. But it will be worth it for sure 2.gif biggrin.gif

As for the tickets, I'll probably try to buy lawn ticket before the show, that's the best I can afford.

NJ transit train from Penn station in New York to Matawan station and from there PNC provides free bus to the venue,

Just be forewarned that the last bus leaves PNC at 11:30 regardless of whether the show has ended or not. If you can, make arrangements at the show with someone who knows the area to drop you off at the station should the show run past that time. I say someone who knows the area because getting to the Matawan train station can be a little tricky for someone who doesn't know the area.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jun 23 2007, 08:10 PM)
cheer.gif Gimmie a 1 cheer.gif Gimmie a 5 cheer.gif

cheer.gif What do you have... 15 cheer.gif

cheer.gif 15 What cheer.gif

cheer.gif 15 More Days!!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif

cheer.gif Until What? cheer.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

rofl3.gif

I didn't know that you were a cheer.gif

GREAT JOB there

Owlswing!!!

Looking foward to PAGSCON!!!

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 23 2007, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Jun 23 2007, 08:10 PM)
cheer.gif Gimmie a 1  cheer.gif Gimmie a 5  cheer.gif

cheer.gif What do you have... 15 cheer.gif

cheer.gif 15 What  cheer.gif

cheer.gif 15 More Days!!!!!!!!!! cheer.gif

cheer.gif Until What?  cheer.gif

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

rofl3.gif

I didn't know that you were a cheer.gif

GREAT JOB there

Owlswing!!!

Looking foward to PAGSCON!!!

She used to coach!! laugh.gif

It never leaves you owlswing, eh?

Is it Pagscon? unsure.gif

Man, I'd love to go out and hang with you folks.

You won't be disappointed, my friends. This show is among the very best I've seen.

At least you all have a show to look forward to. I've seen it and now it's only a memory. Nothing else to look forward to. sad.gif

2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 26 2007, 03:07 PM)
Is it Pagscon? unsure.gif

Man, I'd love to go out and hang with you folks.

You won't be disappointed, my friends. This show is among the very best I've seen.

At least you all have a show to look forward to. I've seen it and now it's only a memory. Nothing else to look forward to. sad.gif

2.gif trink39.gif

yes.gif

1022.gif common001.gif 1022.gif

11 DAYS, PEOPLE!!!

Till the show, that is. 10 till I get to meet all these great folks!

One week from today, K and I will be headed to the airport!!!

Archived