2007 - 07/02 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

Hey, is anyone going to the Wantagh NY show?? I live in Bensonhurst Brooklyn and would really appreciate a ride!! I am mentally stable, a good car conversationalist and will chip in for gas! Please biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Mar 27 2007, 04:33 PM)
I got my Tickets 1022.gif

And also for PNC in NJ chickendance.gif

bekloppt.gif Where are you sitting for both...still debating about Pags and Jones beach

bekloppt.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Mar 29 2007, 05:14 PM)
Even though i hate this venue, this will probably be the show i attend.

I haven't gotten confirmation yet, but I believe we're going to this show too. 1022.gif

Invisi... pm us before the show and we'll all hook up for some brews somewhere.

Oh... and don't forget about the cinqo de mayo meetup either. no.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 29 2007, 06:17 PM)

I haven't gotten confirmation yet, but I believe we're going to this show too. 1022.gif

Will do Necro man ! 1022.gif

Rush

Monday, July 2 at 8:00 pm

Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

A limited number of seats will be available for the price of $29.50. Offer available now.

livenation

Got this in an email. I can't go to this show - but this seems like a damn good deal for those that can work it out!

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Mar 29 2007, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 29 2007, 06:17 PM)

Will do Necro man ! 1022.gif

Meeting you at the Cinqo de Mayo meetup was a blast. Can't wait to jam with you at the show. 1022.gif

I'll be going to this show...driving up from the Jersey shore. I may have an extra pair of tickets. I'm just waiting to hear from a friend of mine as to whether or not he wants the tix. Worst case scenario, I'll sell them at the show to....heaven forbid...a scalper. But, if anyone is interested, we can make arrangements. I'll post a follow up here in the next week or so on the status of the tickets. Tickets are in Sect. 5L Row C.

First show for me on this tour, also going to Camden on Friday, looking forward to the show, haven't missed a tour since Moving Pictures.

For those who have not been to Jones Beach and are traveling in from out of state, it's a gorgeous venue with two caveats:

1) The security can be gestapo-like, so be careful with doobs and such.

2) Once the sun goes down, it can get chilly as you're right on the water, good idea to bring a jacket.

Enjoy the show....

anyone driving from jersey? I will pay gas/tolls. I can drive, but I just hate bringing an extra car from NJ. It is such a pain in the a## drive from here that I would rather have it be fun than worrying about missing the first set. I am in the montclair area but could meet up anywhere.

QUOTE (brendan65 @ Jul 1 2007, 08:32 AM)
First show for me on this tour, also going to Camden on Friday, looking forward to the show, haven't missed a tour since Moving Pictures.

For those who have not been to Jones Beach and are traveling in from out of state, it's a gorgeous venue with two caveats:

2) Once the sun goes down, it can get chilly as you're right on the water, good idea to bring a jacket.

Enjoy the show....

It's a beautiful venue with ocean views but I would be remiss in not mentioning one additional caveat:

NO BOOZE SOLD AT THE VENUE UNLESS YOU'RE IN THE VIP SECTION!!

ARRGGGHHH!!

QUOTE (FladgyGlitz @ Jul 2 2007, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE (brendan65 @ Jul 1 2007, 08:32 AM)

Enjoy the show....

It's a beautiful venue with ocean views but I would be remiss in not mentioning one additional caveat:

NO BOOZE SOLD AT THE VENUE UNLESS YOU'RE IN THE VIP SECTION!!

ARRGGGHHH!!

Holy Cow! When did that happen ?

I think it's been that way for years unfortunately. Unless you're in that VIP, corporate area (how do you get in there?!) than you have to hit a happy hour before. I usually have a couple of beers on the LIRR on my way out from the city.

QUOTE (FladgyGlitz @ Jul 2 2007, 01:40 PM)
I think it's been that way for years unfortunately. Unless you're in that VIP, corporate area (how do you get in there?!) than you have to hit a happy hour before. I usually have a couple of beers on the LIRR on my way out from the city.

We paid $15 extra for "premier" parking and $120 for 2 tickets in one of the 'regular' sections- I wonder how much VIP seats cost unsure.gif

Just got back from the show ....it was magic 2.gif

Totally loved it - The planets were in alignment and every song was amazing.

I think Neil even smiled a couple of times laugh.gif

What a beautiful place Jones Beach is. I really loved it. We had awesome seats in the orchestra pit, Alex's side. They were really tight. I don't think the sound was anywhere near as good as it is in Scranton though. But being so close, I got to really watch them and see their expressions and pick up on things I definitely missed at Scranton. As far as the show went, again, I'm not the guy that will ever criticize 2.gif I thought they were fantastic as always.

The partying: None of the people from this board, that I know, was going. So I was kinda stuck in Queens without any idea how we were getting there. So I contacted Singularity, who primarily posts on another board, and CeeJ and I hooked up with him and we took the LIRR to Hicksville, where we met up with TLC and she drove us all to Jones Beach.

I've told you all about how growing up I was the only 2.gif fan that I knew, so meeting up with all these 2.gif fans and getting to know them and have such great times with everyone is one of the absolute best experiences of my life. When we got to the venue, we found some friends of theirs from RT that I know a little bit and they opened up their party to us like we were "long awaited friends". I know we all love Neil's lyrics, but I'm glad that 2.gif FANS don't take THAT particular lyric to heart. They took us in and made us feel right at home and we had a ball. 1022.gif

We are in mid-vacation and will post the pictures from this show later. Today we need some long overdue recovery.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 3 2007, 11:30 AM)
What a beautiful place Jones Beach is.  I really loved it.  We had awesome seats in the orchestra pit, Alex's side.  They were really tight.  I don't think the sound was anywhere near as good as it is in Scranton though.  But being so close, I got to really watch them and see their expressions and pick up on things I definitely missed at Scranton.  As far as the show went, again, I'm not the guy that will ever criticize 2.gif  I thought they were fantastic as always. 

The partying:  None of the people from this board, that I know, was going.  So I was kinda stuck in Queens without any idea how we were getting there.  So I contacted Singularity, who primarily posts on another board, and CeeJ and I hooked up with him and we took the LIRR to Hicksville, where we met up with TLC and she drove us all to Jones Beach. 

I've told you all about how growing up I was the only 2.gif fan that I knew, so meeting up with all these 2.gif fans and getting to know them and have such great times with everyone is one of the absolute best experiences of my life.  When we got to the venue, we found some friends of theirs from RT that I know a little bit and they opened up their party to us like we were "long awaited friends".  I know we all love Neil's lyrics, but I'm glad that 2.gif FANS don't take THAT particular lyric to heart.  They took us in and made us feel right at home and we had a ball.  1022.gif 

We are in mid-vacation and will post the pictures from this show later.  Today we need some long overdue recovery. 

trink39.gif

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. Sounds like you met some awesome folks!

See you soon in the mean time hope your going to be doing a lot of this today...http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/dpagano4/SMILEYS.gif

Archived