2007 - 06/27 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there, with Rhiannon of Rivendell and Der Trommler, along with my brother & sister-in-law, her brother and his wife, cousin & his wife, close friend and ex-drummer of mine (played in the tribute band Moving Pictures), Jeff, and my brothers best friend and drummer, John.

Who's gonna be there??! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:51 AM)
I'll be there...solo.  Does anyone know of a good place to eat around there?  I don't suppose anyone else from the SE VT/SW NH/W MA area is going.  If so, want to carpool?

We're going from Manchester, but my car has a really tiny backseat...We'll also be meeting up at my brothers house and convoy'ing it down to the Tweet so we can all park next to each other and tailgate before the show. My boyfriend and I are taking the day off from work so that we can get down there kinda early. As far as food, there's not too much around there. A McDonalds, a Subway, and I think a Chinese food restaurant. I've not been to any of them down there (but I have to assume that the Subway is pretty good).

BTW: Love the Strongbad avatar! bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Mar 31 2007, 08:35 PM)
We're going from Manchester, but my car has a really tiny backseat...We'll also be meeting up at my brothers house and convoy'ing it down to the Tweet so we can all park next to each other and tailgate before the show. My boyfriend and I are taking the day off from work so that we can get down there kinda early. As far as food, there's not too much around there. A McDonalds, a Subway, and I think a Chinese food restaurant. I've not been to any of them down there (but I have to assume that the Subway is pretty good).

BTW: Love the Strongbad avatar! bncegrn.gif

Without consulting a map, I think I can say that Manchester isn't on my way. tongue.gif While I haven't driven to Boston from here, I here south into MA and then rt 2 straight into Boston is the way to go. I actually have to go to Boston later this week, so I'll scope out the location of the venue. (Update: I just checked a map and it's really not near Boston at all. Looks like 2 to 495 for me.)

It sucks that there is nowhere good to eat around there. I will also be taking the day off work to go out there early. It's always cool if you can get in town early, have a meal, drink a bit, and then hit the venue. Oh well. I also don't know what the tailgating situation is like. I'm used to PNC in NJ, which is pretty sweet, but I've been to places like Camden, where I'd never do anything besides lock my door and go in. Is the tailgating scene there cool?

I just checked Google Earth and it looks like there are some places a bit north on Main St - north of 495 (coincidentally towards Pratt St). If you and your friends have any interest in food/drinks beforehand, let me know.

Thanks for the avatar kudos. Strongbad rules!

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Mar 31 2007, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Mar 31 2007, 08:35 PM)
We're going from Manchester, but my car has a really tiny backseat...We'll also be meeting up at my brothers house and convoy'ing it down to the Tweet so we can all park next to each other and tailgate before the show.  My boyfriend and I are taking the day off from work so that we can get down there kinda early.  As far as food, there's not too much around there.  A McDonalds, a Subway, and I think a Chinese food restaurant.  I've not been to any of them down there (but I have to assume that the Subway is pretty good).

BTW: Love the Strongbad avatar!  bncegrn.gif

Without consulting a map, I think I can say that Manchester isn't on my way. tongue.gif While I haven't driven to Boston from here, I here south into MA and then rt 2 straight into Boston is the way to go. I actually have to go to Boston later this week, so I'll scope out the location of the venue. (Update: I just checked a map and it's really not near Boston at all. Looks like 2 to 495 for me.)

It sucks that there is nowhere good to eat around there. I will also be taking the day off work to go out there early. It's always cool if you can get in town early, have a meal, drink a bit, and then hit the venue. Oh well. I also don't know what the tailgating situation is like. I'm used to PNC in NJ, which is pretty sweet, but I've been to places like Camden, where I'd never do anything besides lock my door and go in. Is the tailgating scene there cool?

I just checked Google Earth and it looks like there are some places a bit north on Main St - north of 495 (coincidentally towards Pratt St). If you and your friends have any interest in food/drinks beforehand, let me know.

Thanks for the avatar kudos. Strongbad rules!

Thanks for the invite, but the tailgating situation at The Tweet is actually pretty good. We usually bring a small grill and food, along with beverages (the mansfield bike patrol go around looking for alcohol), so you have to keep the booze on the DL when you're there - stand between two vehicles, keep your cans in a non-beer related can cooler - you can get those at Walmart for about a $1. Otherwise, it's pretty kewl tailgating there smile.gif

Strongbad totally rules! 1022.gif ....my favorite email is the one where he creates Trogdor LOL

TROGDOR!!

http://www.gamesoc.org/images/trogdor.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Apr 1 2007, 08:37 AM)
I got my Tickets Yesterday SEC. 6
1022.gif yes.gif

Nice! We're in Section 6! Row F, seats 3 & 4 biggrin.gif Where are yours?

Just got 2 6T tix on ebay; geez you really don't get Something for Nothing. While I didn't quite have to spend The Big Money to get them, it is April Fools Day & I'll be relieved when they actually show up.

I'll be Finding My Way to Mansfield from Cape Cod, passing thru several Subdivisions. I'd be happy to carpool if some Analog Kid needs a ride, just to be . Realistically tho', when/where are folks meeting up for tailgating?

ps Someone asked about good places to eat. Try the mega-shopping outlet Wrentham Village in Wrentham. Might need a reservation at some spots there.

2.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 1 2007, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Apr 1 2007, 07:52 AM)
you have to keep the booze on the DL when you're there

i love this saying applaudit.gif

LOL...uh, thanks? unsure.gif

trink39.gif trink38.gif signs015.gif martini_shaken.gif cosmo.gif patron.gif

Well, the bike patrol will take your drink and dump it out in front of you and give you back the can LOL Kinda like CT state cops when they find your radar detector laugh.gif

QUOTE (krispy1 @ Apr 1 2007, 12:18 PM)
Just got 2 6T tix on ebay; geez you really don't get Something for Nothing. While I didn't quite have to spend The Big Money to get them, it is April Fools Day & I'll be relieved when they actually show up.

I'll be Finding My Way to Mansfield from Cape Cod, passing thru several Subdivisions. I'd be happy to carpool if some Analog Kid needs a ride, just to be . Realistically tho', when/where are folks meeting up for tailgating?

ps Someone asked about good places to eat. Try the mega-shopping outlet Wrentham Village in Wrentham. Might need a reservation at some spots there.

2.gif

all the peeps I mentioned in my first post in this thread, myself and Der Trommler are convoying from Framingham to Mansfield, so that we can be in the same parking area for tailgating - at least, that should be the plan, we did that for R30. We'll finalize things as the show gets closer.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Apr 1 2007, 10:53 AM)
1022.gif  yes.gif

Row X 31-32.

I want Section 2 But they were gone before they went on Sale. oops.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Apr 2 2007, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Apr 1 2007, 10:53 AM)
1022.gif  yes.gif

Row X 31-32.

I want Section 2 But they were gone before they went on Sale. oops.gif

My bro got section 2 (the bastige!! LOL). Row V I think he said...

I have three people in my "party" that are going. Is there anyone in the Northbridge Uxbridge Mendon Sutton (Massachusetts) ect. ect. area that would be interested in splitting the cost of limo to show as opposed to driving ourselves? Say maybe no more than 8 people to a limo, and we would pay probably no more than $50.00 per person. Just a thought.

QUOTE (Batman @ May 30 2007, 05:13 AM)
Less then a month away I can't wait!!!!

Going to be the highlight of my summer. biggrin.gif

I couldn't wait until October UK dates so Boston it is!!

I know this is a bit cheeky for a first post but can anyone give me any advice on getting to Mansfield from Central Boston?

Is driving the only option?

TIA

MM

QUOTE (Main Monkey @ Jun 14 2007, 07:28 AM)

I know this is a bit cheeky for a first post but can anyone give me any advice on getting to Mansfield from Central Boston?

TIA

MM

you might be able to take the Commuter rail - it goes to Mansfield, but I think that shuts down at like 10 or so.... you can check it out on these links:

Commuter Rail Map

Mansfield Station

Providence/Stoughton Line Schedule

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 15 2007, 02:59 AM)

TIA

MM

you might be able to take the Commuter rail - it goes to Mansfield, but I think that shuts down at like 10 or so.... you can check it out on these links:

Commuter Rail Map

Mansfield Station

Thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Main Monkey @ Jun 14 2007, 06:28 AM)

TIA

MM

Rent a car.

If you're a serious roadie, ride ur bike.

Take the train, get a ride back from a Rush fan.

For any of you guys who couldn't get tix, my dad put our two extra pairs on ebay. I didn't set the opening bids, so sorry if it is a little too high (he started them at face value no.gif , don't worry I gave him a nice long talk about how he is a cheap bastard unsure.gif )

well here are the links if you are interested.

Section 7 Row K

Section 7 Row X

QUOTE (Main Monkey @ Jun 16 2007, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 15 2007, 02:59 AM)

TIA

MM

Commuter Rail Map

Mansfield Station

Thanks biggrin.gif

Wlx! biggrin.gif

Archived