2007 - 06/23 - Bristow, VA - Nissan Pavilian

If I'm coming from PA (I think I will eventually get onto I-495 S.), what exit will I need to take to get to the Giant at VA Gateway Shopping Plaza? Is it near the Nissan Pavilion? I just want to make sure so I know where I'm going.

Can't wait! 2.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 20 2007, 02:25 PM)
If I'm coming from PA (I think I will eventually get onto I-495 S.), what exit will I need to take to get to the Giant at VA Gateway Shopping Plaza? Is it near the Nissan Pavilion? I just want to make sure so I know where I'm going.

Can't wait! 2.gif

If your coming down 495, you will get on 66 West.

Head about 20 miles West and then take exit 43 (not sure it A or cool.gif, but it will be for Route 29 South.

The shopping center with the Giant will almost be immediately on the left. There is a link earlier in this thread with more detail on the shopping center.

Having never been to this mall area before (but I've seen about 5 shows at Nissan), it appears to be very convenient and just down the street from the venue. Seems to be the most logical place for a meetup.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 22 2007, 06:00 AM)
Weather Channel forecast for Sat: 

82 and sunny.  cool.gif

Can you believe it?  That never happens here in VA in June, at least not when you want it.

Can't believe it either. It is going to be a fantastic Saturday!

RUSH , nice weather, friends......

82 and sunny. cool.gif

Can you believe it? That never happens here in VA in June, at least not when you want it.

Let's not jinx it.

Be on the road in about 27 hours!!!!!

QUOTE (moonstar @ Jun 22 2007, 10:42 AM)

82 and sunny.  cool.gif

Can you believe it?  That never happens here in VA in June, at least not when you want it.

Can't believe it either. It is going to be a fantastic Saturday!

RUSH , nice weather, friends......

I hope you join us. It's going to be a fantastic day of friends and great music!

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 22 2007, 10:22 AM)

82 and sunny.  cool.gif

Let's not jinx it.

Be on the road in about 27 hours!!!!!

No chance of jinxing i now - this weather is locked in for tomorrow. Tomorrow is shaping up to be one nearly perfect day. Rush show, great weather, meeting other kindred spirits, ...

And to top things up for us, yesterday 94.7 The Globe gave us a slight "upgrade" in seating. UNBELIEVABLE. common001.gif

We'll see you all there.

****IMPORTANT*****

Heard from several people today (and witnessed it myself on my way home from work):

Apparently there is some kind of major highway crackdown this weekend in VA targeting people speeding/reckless driving/DUI. Cops are coming out of everywhere pulling people left and right. Additionally, there are exorbitant fines tacked on in addition to the regular ticket costs.

So, everyone driving in, be careful and watch your speed. Maybe not a good idea to listen to Rush on the way there. I know that causes me to put foot down hard on the gas pedal. Also everyone, please be careful about not getting any DUIs on the way home.

See ya tomorrow.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 22 2007, 08:44 PM)
****IMPORTANT*****

Heard from several people today (and witnessed it myself on my way home from work):

Apparently there is some kind of major highway crackdown this weekend in VA targeting people speeding/reckless driving/DUI. Cops are coming out of everywhere pulling people left and right. Additionally, there are exorbitant fines tacked on in addition to the regular ticket costs.

So, everyone driving in, be careful and watch your speed. Maybe not a good idea to listen to Rush on the way there. I know that causes me to put foot down hard on the gas pedal. Also everyone, please be careful about not getting any DUIs on the way home.

See ya tomorrow.

I'm with you on that one. trink39.gif

I'll be drinking soda or water after the show, and recommend the same for everyone who is driving. (Stop after the first set, or get another person to drive.)

Give me a call when you get close. We'll be there by 4, barring catastrophic road work. Look for the new white Dodge Caravan.

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 23 2007, 10:17 AM)
Happy Birthday Ghost Girl!

The rest of you, I'll see soon! Drive safe everyone.

Awww, now that's sweet. Thanks, Joshua. smile.gif Have a great time, everyone!

I'm back from the show, staying at a Super 8 right now, buzzed off overpriced Yuengling...but I had to tell you guys some funny shit. There was this really short lady next to me and Jenn and when the lady in front of her got up on her teenage son's shoulders (WTF in the first place) she went off and threw every empty cup she could find at her, then the drunk lady got down and started stripper dancing in front of her. The short lady and her husband left. Luckily, it was at the very end anyway or I would've felt kinda bad. rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

Great show, and it was nice meeting everyone from the forum. You were all cool people, I'm just sorry I can't play anything. Anyway, thanks for the beer! laugh.gif

As promised Ghostie..here's the pic of us toasting YOUR birthday. Check your birthday thread for another!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/gandsome/DSCF0031.jpg

OK..here goes. That's me on the far left, next to StormShadow and his wife Jenn, then there's ALifesonfan85 and Joshua (the guys behind him fellows he brought w/ him), in the front w/ the guitar is Apetersvt w/ the guitar and my son standing nex to him, towards the back is R30 Chris, FFej and his lady, and Mike on the end (Alifeson fan's friend.) Cajunboy is not in the pic because he was kind enough to snap it for me.

Anyone not mentioned specifically (forgive me please) were guests of board members. Everyone had a great time as far as I could tell. (I was kind of busy cooking.) We played and sang and talked and swapped beer until the show started. After the show, we played some more while the lot cleared. Thanks to all those who helped put it together, and those that joined us to make it a memorable night of music and fellowship.

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 24 2007, 09:32 AM)
As promised Ghostie..here's the pic of us toasting YOUR birthday. Check your birthday thread for another!

OK..here goes. That's me on the far left, next to StormShadow and his friend Jenn, then there's ALifesonfan85 and Joshua (the guys behind him fellows he brought w/ him), in the front w/ the guitar is Apetersvt w/ the guitar and my son standing nex to him, towards the back is R30 Chris, FFej and his lady, and Mike on the end (Alifeson fan's friend.) Cajunboy is not in the pic because he was kind enough to snap it for me.

Anyone not mentioned specifically (forgive me please) were guests of board members. Everyone had a great time as far as I could tell. (I was kind of busy cooking.) We played and sang and talked and swapped beer until the show started. After the show, we played some more while the lot cleared. Thanks to all those who helped put it together, and those that joined us to make it a memorable night of music and fellowship.

trink39.gif That's great, guys! I'm honored.

So glad you guys had a good turnout and a fun time. biggrin.gif

Yes, it was indeed a pleasure meeting all of you at the Nissan show on Saturday! My wife and I had a blast... it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a Rush show... definitely the most fun I've had before the show! I am sooooo glad I didn't peek at the setlist. Even though I heard a CERTAIN SONG during soundcheck, I was still surprised by like 6 or 7 other songs! I can't believe they pulled out some of those rare gems! Man, I can't wait for the Camden show. Are any fans from the Nissan show going to Camden? Cheers guys! Can't wait to see more pictures! trink39.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 24 2007, 09:32 AM)

OK..here goes. That's me on the far left, next to StormShadow and his wife Jenn, then there's ALifesonfan85 and Joshua (the guys behind him fellows he brought w/ him), in the front w/ the guitar is Apetersvt w/ the guitar and my son standing nex to him, towards the back is R30 Chris, FFej and his lady, and Mike on the end (Alifeson fan's friend.) Cajunboy is not in the pic because he was kind enough to snap it for me.

thank you all for a wonderful time. it was great meeting my fellow 'rush' fans for what was a great gathering. i'm very tired and ache all over(south louisiana is was not just down the road for me) but it was worth every penny i spent this weekend. what a kick-a** show. trink39.gif

cool10.gif

Hey everyone, i'm a newbie on the forum, but I just wanted to say Hi and that I too was at the Bristow VA show on saturday night, my first Rush gig (yeah, I know, where the hell have I been?!). Loved it, loved it, loved it! Being there to see "The Professor" play live, in the flesh was the highlight of my year!

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! smile.gif

Archived