• 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 28 2007, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 28 2007, 04:45 PM)
This one's on my birthday, so you guys have a beer for me, okay?  biggrin.gif

You can bet on it.  I really appreciate the work you and your fellow admins do to keep this line of communication open for us fans.  Thank you, and happy birthday.   trink39.gif

25th, right?   wink.gif

You're very welcome. smile.gif

And I'm clinging to 34 until June 22 at 11:59 p.m., thankyouverymuch. wink.gif

laugh.gif

EDIT: just saw the last line of your post...damn it, I gave myself away already!  rofl3.gif

Sponsored Post

#22 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

Member titles are overrated!

• Members *
  • 16349 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:26 AM

We will have to make plans for a meetup.  This is gonna be pretty cool.

#23 workingman

workingman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitars, Motorcycles, Computers

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 29 2007, 07:26 AM)
We will have to make plans for a meetup.  This is gonna be pretty cool.

My wife and I would be up for that.  Even if it's just to tailgate for awhile.

#24 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (workingman @ Mar 29 2007, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 29 2007, 07:26 AM)
We will have to make plans for a meetup.  This is gonna be pretty cool.

My wife and I would be up for that.  Even if it's just to tailgate for awhile.

I think that is a great idea.  

#25 RavNRush

RavNRush

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

I'll be there.  Section 101 Row J.  Am taking my 11 year old son to his first RUSH show.  He is more than psyched.

#26 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (RavNRush @ Apr 19 2007, 05:23 PM)
I'll be there.  Section 101 Row J.  Am taking my 11 year old son to his first RUSH show.  He is more than psyched.

Very cool.  You will be one row closer than me and my 16 y/o son, in the same section.  

653.gif  

#27 Joshua

Joshua

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1246 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

I'm there.  biggrin.gif  Section 204, Row J which will be the closest I've ever been for a Rush show. Bringing a couple buddies with me who'll be seeing Rush for the first time.

Would love to hang with any of you in the parking lot beforehand.  trink39.gif Good to hear that security is reasonable.   smile.gif  

#28 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hey guys...my best friend and I will be front row center.....

I get so excited thinking about it at times I pee-pee on myself!!!

#29 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

All right.  It's May 29th already.  

Lets's get the ball rolling.  

I'm going w/ my 16 y/o son (it will be his third 2.gif show) and we're bringing a grill, some beverages and plastic cups, and the acoustic guitars for a pre-show tailgating celebration.  If anyone would like to join us, we can meet in the shopping center that's about a mile away from the Pavillion, and drive in together so we can park next to each other.  

Then, we'll fire up the grills, break out the guitars, and eat and drink and sing.   653.gif

And we can take a pic to post here, showing GG that we didn't forget to toast her on her B-Day.   trink39.gif

If anyone is interested, speak up already.  It's less than a month until the show, so it's time to make some plans.  How about it?  

#30 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 29 2007, 07:45 AM)
All right.  It's May 29th already.  

I'm going w/ my 16 y/o son (it will be his third 2.gif show) and we're bringing a grill, some beverages and plastic cups, and the acoustic guitars for a pre-show tailgating celebration.  If anyone would like to join us, we can meet in the shopping center that's about a mile away from the Pavillion, and drive in together so we can park next to each other.  

Then, we'll fire up the grills, break out the guitars, and eat and drink and sing.   653.gif

And we can take a pic to post here, showing GG that we didn't forget to toast her on her B-Day.   trink39.gif

If anyone is interested, speak up already.  It's less than a month until the show, so it's time to make some plans.  How about it?  

(Raises hand)

I'll be there.  I would like to be situated in the parking lot by 5 pm.  Meeting up with a co-worker and college buddy w/ his woman who we got seats together.  I'll be bringing a guitar and plenty of adult beverages along with some stuff to through on your grill (if I can find you).

#31 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 29 2007, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 29 2007, 07:45 AM)
All right.  It's May 29th already. 

I'm going w/ my 16 y/o son (it will be his third 2.gif show) and we're bringing a grill, some beverages and plastic cups, and the acoustic guitars for a pre-show tailgating celebration.  If anyone would like to join us, we can meet in the shopping center that's about a mile away from the Pavillion, and drive in together so we can park next to each other. 

Then, we'll fire up the grills, break out the guitars, and eat and drink and sing.   653.gif

And we can take a pic to post here, showing GG that we didn't forget to toast her on her B-Day.   trink39.gif

If anyone is interested, speak up already.  It's less than a month until the show, so it's time to make some plans.  How about it? 

(Raises hand)

I'll be there.  I would like to be situated in the parking lot by 5 pm.  Meeting up with a co-worker and college buddy w/ his woman who we got seats together.  I'll be bringing a guitar and plenty of adult beverages along with some stuff to through on your grill (if I can find you).

We will figure out a way to make it happen.  Balloons on the van or something like that.  I will be there no later than 5 myself, maybe even earlier if they will open the lot.  

OK, who else is in?  

Joshua?  

Sweetscience?  

Anybody?  

Speak up!  

#32 Joshua

Joshua

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1246 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

I'm totally in! I'm coming with two others. We're bringing enough beverages for us three but can bring more at your request. What can we bring? More meat for the grill? Snacks? Let me know dude. I could even bring my Martin acoustic, even though I can't play worth shit. bolt.gif

So work out where we meet and when.  biggrin.gif   trink39.gif  

#33 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Joshua @ May 30 2007, 06:27 PM)
I'm totally in! I'm coming with two others. We're bringing enough beverages for us three but can bring more at your request. What can we bring? More meat for the grill? Snacks? Let me know dude. I could even bring my Martin acoustic, even though I can't play worth shit. bolt.gif

So work out where we meet and when.  biggrin.gif   trink39.gif

Excellent.  I haven't figured the meeting spot for sure, but I think there is a shopping center nearby.  I'll check out the ol' ADC map at work on Friday and see exactly what I can work up.  As for the grill, bring what you and your guests want and we will throw it on.  I'll have condiments and at least two small grills to light up.  (I can bring the ol' Weber if necessary, but that seems a bit extravagant.)  I'll be hooking everyone up w/ some grilled corn as well, a lil special recipe.  

Make sure to bring some chairs too.  We will solid up the details as the date approaches.  

As for the guitars, my son will probably be doing most of the playing, and he's pretty good.  I'll be pretty busy w/ the cooking anyway.  Unless we actually hook up w/ apetersvt.  Then I'll pick mine up, rusty though I be, and we'll jam some good ol' GD.  (I'm scaring up that Sugaree and China Doll!)  

#34 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 30 2007, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ May 30 2007, 06:27 PM)

So work out where we meet and when.  biggrin.gif   trink39.gif

Excellent.  I haven't figured the meeting spot for sure, but I think there is a shopping center nearby.  I'll check out the ol' ADC map at work on Friday and see exactly what I can work up.  As for the grill, bring what you and your guests want and we will throw it on.  I'll have condiments and at least two small grills to light up.  (I can bring the ol' Weber if necessary, but that seems a bit extravagant.)  I'll be hooking everyone up w/ some grilled corn as well, a lil special recipe.  

Make sure to bring some chairs too.  We will solid up the details as the date approaches.  

As for the guitars, my son will probably be doing most of the playing, and he's pretty good.  I'll be pretty busy w/ the cooking anyway.  Unless we actually hook up w/ apetersvt.  Then I'll pick mine up, rusty though I be, and we'll jam some good ol' GD.  (I'm scaring up that Sugaree and China Doll!)

Unless it's incredibly hot, I'll bring my Gibson J-45.  Time is running down.  Better get some more practicing in if I wanna play and not sound horrible.  

Excitement so thick... you can cut it with a knife.

I remember the two days I would look forward to most each year were the summer Dead shows at RFK.  Hanging out with friends.  Enjoying a nice buzz.  Playing music.  Listening to music.

#35 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Those were the days.  I better find my damn guitar, I've probably only played twice in the last month.  (I used to play a lot more back then too.)  

bolt.gif

#36 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

Oh, and I'm bringing my POS 4.  It's a great guitar, if I can keep the damn thing in tune.  

#37 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

Check this out!  

Countdown!  

Less than 3 weeks away.   icon_alienjig.gif  

#38 MiriyaB

MiriyaB

The Seeker

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:59 PM

We're also in for Section 101 row J!
(our first show at this venue...I've only seen RUSH once, back in '91 in Worcester MA on the RTB tour; husband's never seen 'em)

#39 steelcaressed

steelcaressed

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4014 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (MiriyaB @ Jun 2 2007, 11:59 PM)
We're also in for Section 101 row J!
(our first show at this venue...I've only seen RUSH once, back in '91 in Worcester MA on the RTB tour; husband's never seen 'em)

Very cool.  You are in the row right in front of us!  

Let me know if you and yours want to join us for a little pre-show tailgating and a little acoustic jam.  

#40 Ffej Sector A

Ffej Sector A

The Seeker

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:- Music performance (primarily drums) including Rush cover band Solar Federation
    - Vinyl junkie
    - Hanging out with my wife, Brandi, who's also a huge Rush fan!
    - Craft beer

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

Anyone looking to unload two extra tickets?  I had a show with my band and it got cancelled.  This is only like 3-4 hours from my house!  Please PM me if you have extras!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users