2007 - 06/13 - Atlanta, GA - HiFi Buys Amphitheatre

GG reporting in: I'm home safe and sound. smile.gif

Well...I have LOTS to say about gatherings and the AMAZING show (in the proper place, of course). I have to get some dinner and rest, though.

So...I'll be back later. smile.gif

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 14 2007, 06:00 PM)
GG reporting in: I'm home safe and sound. smile.gif

Well...I have LOTS to say about gatherings and the AMAZING show (in the proper place, of course). I have to get some dinner and rest, though.

So...I'll be back later. smile.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif common001.gif cheer.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif

looking forward to the report

Back home from Atlanta - what a show!

Thanks GhostGirl for organizing the pre-show party! It was great to meet you and the all other TRF'ers... Skyswing, RockTheCradle, Tupelo Barchetta, Elder23, Red-Barchetta, The Owl, asiarush - my apologies for anyone I didn't list, I am sure there were more, but my memory isn't the greatest!)

I enjoyed talking with all of you and hope to see you all again later in the tour... I will be at the Dallas show as well.

Enjoy the rest of the tour everyone! trink39.gif

Well the Owl had made his return home.

Well here's my rundown. (Show spoilers contained within "The Show" Secton)

Pre-show

Malones was great, the food was a little pricy but meeting everyone here was great. I really enjoyed meeting GG and her husband, Elder23, Jack A. and everyone else. I did not know that the meeting was included members from Counterparts and the RushTour forum as well. So it was nice to meet members from other Rush loving sites as well.

The Show

The setlist was to die for, fresh and origional. Biggest suprise to me was (MOD EDIT: SPOILERS). The stage setup and lighting was great, but Atlanta's position on the edge of the Eastern time zone made it daylight until 9 so the lighting couldn't be fully enjoyed during the first set. The crowd could have been more into it at times, but the crowd experience was still a 3 out of 5. Overall the concert left me in such a good mood I gladly paid the $30 for the Shirt (Snake Hands shirt) and the $10 for the pin set.

Post-Show

Was almost as great as the pre-show, a-lot of us showed up at Spondivits (or something like that). Once again good food and good people, espically now that we had something to reflect upon. But unfortunatly we had to go our seperate ways and return home. I enjoyed meeting everyone, by the way GG, and Red Barchetta sorry for the bad signature I left on the card, it looks like a 7 year old signed it for me.

Travel/Parking

For me a Drive from Murfreesboro Tn to Atlanta is about 3 hours, and we made it there in about that amount of time, and we were lucky to beat Atlanta rush hour. The hotel/reasturant were very close to the venue and I thought that was very convient. But after the show angry.gif Parking at Hi-Fi was awful, not getting in (that was easy) but getting out..... The travel home was a little (by a little I mean ALOT) troublesome. See on the path from Atlanta Ga to Murfreesboro Tn there is this town called Manchester Tn. And there was this "little" thing going on there that made traffic a Nightmare. O yeah! Bonnaroo.

Overall the experience was a solid 9/10 and I hope to do it again. Thank You

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 14 2007, 07:50 PM)
Pre-show
Malones was great, the food was a little pricy...

You forgot to mention the $10.00 cocktails! ohmy.gif

I wasn't a cheap drunk that afternoon! wink.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jun 14 2007, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 14 2007, 07:50 PM)
Pre-show
Malones was great, the food was a little pricy...

You forgot to mention the $10.00 cocktails! ohmy.gif

I wasn't a cheap drunk that afternoon! wink.gif rofl3.gif

Concider yourself lucky, I'm 20 and I Can't drink.

the pre party was great.my hats off to ghost girl and crew. met several nice people and even though i did not partake in $10 adult beverages i had a buzz after that incredible show. after dropping off some "new friends" at the airport..

(they didn't know where their hotel was located ohmy.gif )i ventured back to memphis/arlington. got lost on us 78 and added 35 miles to my journey. baby cooperated..gg you know what i mean wink.gif and got home at 5:30am. mowed the lawn and now resting. glad i met you guys and rush on!!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 14 2007, 08:50 PM)
The Show
The setlist was to die for, fresh and origional. Biggest suprise to me was (MOD EDIT: SPOILERS).  The stage setup and lighting was great, but Atlanta's position on the edge of the Eastern time zone made it daylight until 9 so the lighting couldn't be fully enjoyed during the first set.  The crowd could have been more into it at times, but the crowd experience was still a 3 out of 5.  Overall the concert left me in such a good mood I gladly paid the $30 for the Shirt (Snake Hands shirt) and the $10 for the pin set.

Please avoid posting spoilers in the meetup section, guys and gals. I know this show is over but people seeing future shows still want to come in here and read about how the meetups went without knowing what songs were played.

QUOTE (glennb2112 @ Jun 14 2007, 08:20 PM)
the pre party was great.my hats off to ghost girl and crew. met several nice people and even though i did not partake in $10 adult beverages i had a buzz after that incredible show. after dropping off some "new friends" at the airport..
(they didn't know where their hotel was located ohmy.gif )i ventured back to memphis/arlington. got lost on us 78 and added 35 miles to my journey. baby cooperated..gg you know what i mean wink.gif and got home at 5:30am. mowed the lawn and now resting. glad i met you guys and rush on!!

Yay! Good for the baby! laugh.gif

VERY disappointed not to be able to make it to Malone's. Delayed getting on the road and by the time I got to Atl had to decide if I wanted to go ahead and get to the venue or put up with rush hour traffic. After having to put up with that disaster 3 weeks ago, I opted to just head straight for the amp.

Really hated to miss getting to meet everyone, especially my fellow Mississippians. (although I did see some MSU guys in the row in front of us) Glad everyone apparently had a great time. Kept looking for TRF t-shirts at the show, but never saw any...oh well.

Even without the pre-show fun, it was still a fantastic, memorable, etc etc experience, as every Rush show always is. And I got some great pics and video as well. Oh...wait a minute...cameras were NOT allowed, were they? Shame on me.... wink.gif

QUOTE (friendlyvoice @ Jun 15 2007, 01:12 PM)
Kept looking for TRF t-shirts at the show, but never saw any...oh well.

I was wearing mine. yes.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 15 2007, 01:26 PM)

and it sure looked great on you!! wub.gif

Really hated to miss getting to meet everyone, especially my fellow Mississippians.

Sorry you couldn't make it - there were 8 of us Mississippians there... would have been nice to meet you!

QUOTE (bardan @ Jun 15 2007, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 15 2007, 01:26 PM)

and it sure looked great on you!! wub.gif

blush4.gif

Thank you. smile.gif

Hey! We made it home less than two hours ago after hanging around in Atlanta Thursday and today - shopping, visiting, etc.

We really had a great time meeting everyone at Malone's and we're very glad the Mississippi crowd is bigger than we thought!

We hope we get to run into friendlyvoice sometime around these parts - who knows, we might know some people in common here!

It'd be nice if we could get those of us who are within reasonable distance from each other together again in the future but I know that's difficult with all our various other responsibilities. But hey - "Anything can happen!" (We were listening to "Prime Mover" on a mix of songs today and I couldn't remember the title! I was one tired 2.gif fan!)

Y'all take it easy and keep in touch on here! Later!

Sincerely,

skyswing

QUOTE (skyswing @ Jun 16 2007, 12:22 AM)
Hey! We made it home less than two hours ago after hanging around in Atlanta Thursday and today - shopping, visiting, etc.
We really had a great time meeting everyone at Malone's and we're very glad the Mississippi crowd is bigger than we thought!
We hope we get to run into friendlyvoice sometime around these parts - who knows, we might know some people in common here!
It'd be nice if we could get those of us who are within reasonable distance from each other together again in the future but I know that's difficult with all our various other responsibilities. But hey - "Anything can happen!" (We were listening to "Prime Mover" on a mix of songs today and I couldn't remember the title! I was one tired 2.gif fan!)
Y'all take it easy and keep in touch on here! Later!

Sincerely,

skyswing

It was great meeting you, dude! In the meetup thread over in RS I had you confused with Owlswing. Sorry about that!

i haven't really had much internet access since the concert, but i got home the day after the concert, and i couldn't listen to rush until now, and even still, i'll never... NEVER forget the total awesomeness that rush has given me with my first concert. i wish i could go to all of their concerts from here on out, but i've gone and joined the navy.

and red barchetta, you're really cool.

Archived