A true Rush fan if....

My_Shrimp_Cot

You know your a true Rush fan if....

1. your significant other has ever threatened to leave you while throwing Rush CD's at your head..

C'mon you guys/gals must have had some friction between the real world and your love for RUSH!! let's hear them...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. Your significant other constantly says things like:

"You guys are worse than those Star Trek nerds" - The Wife commenting on me talking about Rushcon

"No more references to Rush lyrics please." - her telling me as I explain the story on The Body Electric

"You told me this one already" - her telling me as I explain the story on 2112

"How many Rush bootlegs are you going to download, geeze?"

....dinner is late because you keep interrupting your dinner preparations to see if anyone on the board has guessed what lyric your picture represents.

I speak in hypotheticals, of course.

smile.gif

If you can't bring yourself to put that '2112' sticker on your car because you consider it more of a 'collectible' and are loathe to use it.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 2 2004, 08:40 AM)
If you can't bring yourself to put that '2112' sticker on your car because you consider it more of a 'collectible' and are loathe to use it.

That's great Jack. I have one sitting on my desk for this exact reason. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 2 2004, 11:41 AM)

That's great Jack. I have one sitting on my desk for this exact reason. biggrin.gif

Mine's stuck in the corner of a picture frame in my den.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 2 2004, 10:41 AM)

....you have a YYZ AND a 2112 sticker on your car, and you swore you'd never stick things on your window like that.

biggrin.gif

...your wife rolls her eyes when you choose the 2112 Starman shirt to wear to Home Depot ONCE AGAIN.

...your daughter assumes whenever you're on the computer, you're on "Rush". (She's usually correct. wink.gif )

...your kids know that when Dad picks them up, they should cover their ears, as Dad usually forgets to turn down the volume on his Rush CD before they get in.

...you think of appropriate Rush lyrics for nearly every situation you encounter daily, but share them only with your forum buds

...you have become a "Solar Federalist" in just over 3 months, but have yet to finish painting the stairwell at home. doh.gif

...you log off the site, tell yourself "I'm going to bed now!", then log in ONE MORE TIME to see if you missed any good jokes, or to see if a friend responded to your PM

• "Daddy, is this Rush... again?" "What else would it be?" is my wife's response. laugh.gif

• "Well.... I liked those videos they played" - when trying to drag some excitement out of my wife after seeing R30. She REALLY loved the gangster bunny from the Counterparts tour, but was pissed because it also meant she wouldn't see them again.

• 9 times out of 10 a rush reference is in my passwords and pin numbers like Drumnut said. GREAT

• I begged and pleaded with the girl who worked at the record store to let me buy CP a day before it's official release. I knew she had a crush on me, and used it to my advantage with no shame.

• I make shrinky dinks out of Rush CD covers. wacko.gif

• I had my RTB tour baseball cap showing out of my back windshield for so many years, the sun eventually ate a hole through it.

• My wife's recent comments... "Should I be worried with how much time you're spending on that Rush Forum thing?"

• My ex-girlfriend actually promised to start liking the band when she wrote a letter trying to get back with me. laugh.gif

• same ex-girlfriend -- I blew the money I was going to buy her b'day present with to buy THE JACKET down at Myrtle Beach.

...if you bore the wife (while watching RIR) by explaining what every song is about and what al, ged and neil are all doing at one one time.

...if your 4 year old daughter can name Geddy, Alex and Neil in the "That Darn Dragon" promo video - SUPERB!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

...if you go for a long drive with the family and the only CD's you packed are RUSH ones!

...if your passwords for your computer in work are always RUSH2112 or any Rush song

trink39.gif common001.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 2 2004, 10:50 AM)
My wife's recent comments...  "Should I be worried with how much time you're spending on that Rush Forum thing?"

I'm afraid many of us have heard that kind of comment from our spouses. And you can see how it has drastically cut down on my presence here.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Your kids all take up instruments so they can be like their favorite Rush member. You actually finance this.

Your little ones play By-tor and the Snowdog as a pretend game.

"Mommy, can we watch the dragon video?"

You get a cat who is already named Tom. Your 4 year old cheers you up by saying, 'It's okay, mommy, we can call him Tom Sawyer!'

Your husband wants to use the Starman on your Rush thong for target practice....

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Dec 2 2004, 12:51 PM)
Your kids all take up instruments so they can be like their favorite Rush member. You actually finance this.

Your little ones play By-tor and the Snowdog as a pretend game.

"Mommy, can we watch the dragon video?"

You get a cat who is already named Tom. Your 4 year old cheers you up by saying, 'It's okay, mommy, we can call him Tom Sawyer!'

Your husband wants to use the Starman on your Rush thong for target practice....

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

OMG you're hysterical. rofl3.gif

Archived