A true Rush fan if....

My_Shrimp_Cot

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Dec 3 2004, 11:14 AM)
Does buying the albums (vinyl) one by one, only sealed and perfect, even though I already have most on CD?

Does me not even owning a record player help? wacko.gif

MMMMMMM Big album art! trink36.gif

I do the same thing wink.gif I hang em up on the wall as art! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Your parents secretly buy you three pet rats and have already pre-named them, because they know that you're going to name them just that laugh.gif

(I have three pet rats named Geddy, Alex, and Neil!)

Your son teases you by starting out his statement...

"I can play guitar better than Alex Lifeson....."

But he saves himself from certain retribution (as he runs away through the dining room) by finishing it with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/sweetmiracle/kengreen.jpg

"In my dreams!!"

QUOTE (pixey @ Dec 2 2004, 11:31 PM)
If you 9yr.old sons Playlist includes Rush
If your teenage son takes up drums
Your kids bring in friends and you must have them check out RIR, esp the drum solo!
Those teens who play instruments then play extra hard to become good and the drummer includes a portion of Neils solo into his own for a show.
People look at ya crazy when you take vacations from work to go all over the country to see Rush play.
People refer to you as The Rush people!!

We are so many of the previous posts!

all of those and

You put speakers up to the stomach, and made your unborn children listen to RUSH.

Your oldest kid cried when she finally saw the boys' because you trained her properly (see first reason)

Whenever a new kid comes around and they start talking about music our kids say, " If you want to see the best go ask my mom and dad to play the drum solo, they'll know what you mean". (this just happened again last night)

and a few others, just open your eyes

BTW, there is nothing wrong with buying the LP's while not having a record player. no.gif I've been buying them up and haven't had one since the mid 80's.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

Found this while surfing...

You Know You're A Rush Fan When...

* You think that all Rush lyrics were written specifically about you - even "Rivendell".

* You fly to Toronto several times a year just to get more luggage tags.

* They also call you the working man.

* You quote lyrics as words of wisdom to your friends in e-mails and you can't wait to press the button to send them amazing things.*

* You also have chosen free will.

* You can play the drum, bass, and guitar parts to "YYZ" - on the harmonica!

* You named your dogs By-tor and Cinderella Man.

* You know people who are drummers, just like that guy in Rush.

* You have memory and awareness, but your shape is kind of pudgy.

* You are, in fact, Alex Lifeson.

* For breakfast this morning, you had honeydew and the Milk of Paradise.

* Tonight you're going to party like it's 2112.

* You went to Space Camp in the hopes that it would qualify you to become an astronaut so you could journey to the black hole of Cygnus X-1, but Space Camp turned out to be kind of lame, and you hated the food.

* Your refrigerator is decked out with Rush things.*

* You have caught both the spirit and the spit - of Geddy Lee!

* You have taken to dressing like Neil Peart a la A Farewell to Kings, no matter what the hoi polloi say about your mustache and boots.

* You finally get your hands on the internet and the first thing you enter is "Rush" and you can't wait to see amazing things.*

* You were born in Indiana, not lotus-land.

* You own a Rush album - maybe two.

* You modified your gleaming alloy aircar so that it is now two lanes wide.

* You have a friend who has seen Rush in concert and said they're "awesome".

* You thought Gene Kelly's portrayal of Kubla Khan in Xanadu was really subpar, and that was no pleasure dome - it was a roller rink!

* You are an asocial nerd with long stringy hair, wearing a t-shirt with a computer-related logo on it, and you like rock music.

* You're standing on top of an RV in the reserved RV section at the Daytona 500 cranking up "Red Barchetta" on your headphones and substituting certain words that fit perfectly.*

* You dance on the strings of powers you cannot conceive.

* You have written the word "Rush" on your algebra notebook several times in different styles.

* You once sought the sacred t-shirt A.L.F.

* You wish someone would say "Gentlemen, Fire up the willing engines" at a NASCAR race.*

* You really like Rush.

* You keep all your friends equal by hatchet, axe...and saw!

* Okay, fine, these starred entries weren't written by me, I found them a long time ago on some Rush fanatic web page that contained a "you know you're a Rush fan when" list. It was this list, sadly no longer to be found on the internet as we know it, that compelled me to compose the heap of sarcasm you just read.

There. No more prog-rock entries for a bit, I promise. I just had to get that out of my system.

And a few more...

OMG! I'm a Rush fan! I qualified on every tenet!

* you feed people instead of machines...

* you get home at 5, take a sip on an ice cold beer and always wonder why there's nothing going down...

* you trade in your gun for a plow...

* you name both your cars after Rush keywords: By-Tor and Rocinante...

* your kids are named Danforth, Pape and Tai-Shan...

* when you sit your kids down and play "Something for Nothing" to educate them on social responsibility...

* "The Analog Kid" still 'moves you', no matter how many times you play it in one day...

* you feel like committing capital murder when someone says "Rush SUCKS!"...

* you went through hell and high water to find the fabled Rush "Milk moustache" ad and made a fridge magnet out of it...(GUILTY!)

* you own every CD with any semblance of Rush 'fingerprints' on it...

* your non-Rush-fan workfriends who hear your incessant playing of Rush suggest you seek professional help for obsession...

* you start playing the lottery so you can hopefully win big and make your own 55,000-mile 'pilgrimage' by the book...

* your best friend gets you an Aerosmith CD instead of Vapor Trails...

Please forgive any perceived irreverence. RUSH ON!

The living room door gets slammed shut, and you're left in there on your own whilst watching 2.gif in Rio on DVD.........and playing it LOUD! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (faultline @ Dec 4 2004, 12:24 PM)
You get put on the spot at Thanksgiving to say the table prayer...then pray

"And the meek shall inherit the earth...Amen"

You look up , ask someone to pass the mash potatoes , and start humming Temples of Syrinx.

I'm gonna try that at Christmas wink.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (faultline @ Dec 4 2004, 09:24 AM)
You get put on the spot at Thanksgiving to say the table prayer...then pray

"And the meek shall inherit the earth...Amen"

You look up , ask someone to pass the mash potatoes , and start humming  Temples of Syrinx.

This is one to put in Ye old prayer book! Along with Father, Son, and Holy Ghost whoever eats the fastest, gets the most! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

You dont care if you are spending a Saturday night alone, cause you are in a chat room, and watching RiR with people from around the world!!!!!

I want to party like its 2112. Anyone want to join me???? We can have a 2112 RiR party... laugh.gif

These are all great, now I realise that I am a Rush fan, in every cell in my body. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Dec 4 2004, 09:13 PM)
Found this while surfing...

You Know You're A Rush Fan When...

* You think that all Rush lyrics were written specifically about you - even "Rivendell".

Hei, that's me. :|

You know you're a Rush fan if you drive countless miles across various states to catch a Rush show (i.e. the opening night for the 30th Anniversary...for me anyway).

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Dec 5 2004, 12:04 PM)
If you wait anxiously for the TRF store to get in its products so you can decorate your house with the stuff. biggrin.gif

Antiiiciiipaaaaation...........

Archived